The good and bad about being short in the dating world

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 8:26 pm

From my experience most men like petite women. I get sort of envious of women who can wear heels and not be taller than 5 foot 5 in them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

My wife is ten inches shorter than I, and the only issues we have with height are dancing gracefully together and when we have our picture taken together - either she stands on something, or I crouch down, or we both sit down.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jan 2012, 3:22 am

personally, i'd rather date a shorter girl than a taller one. the reason for this is shorter / smaller girls are easier to cuddle with, so its a lot more enjoyable for me.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 3:27 am

tronist wrote:
personally, i'd rather date a shorter girl than a taller one. the reason for this is shorter / smaller girls are easier to cuddle with, so its a lot more enjoyable for me.

how are shorter women easier to cuddle with? i am not disagreeing, i just have no idea.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2012, 9:23 am

I'm about 5'6" and aesthetically I prefer men who are about my height or an inch taller. They tend to get a bit squirrelly when I put on heels, though. I don't want to make them feel anxious, but I also want to wear heels. :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

For the males, there's nothing good about being short in the dating world.

And the okcupid graph proves this.

In fact, okcupid stats prove a lot of the "unfair" facts of life that many wp members here usually deny them (ie. most women prefer wealthy men, most guys prefer thinner women, height is important for both genders....etc)

Not being bitter here but fact is that shorter men are significantly less desired, plain and simple. This claim is not only supported by okc stats, but by plenty of studies and stats.

There are also the silly stereotypes against short men like the napoleon complex, hehe I still recall this thread where there were two popular members (one male, one female) arguing me that such stereotype is true, one of them have also accused me of having it.

Personally, I think she has a crush on me yet she's in denial, maybe even the male one had a crush on me too. ;)

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In fact, okcupid stats prove a lot of the "unfair" facts of life that many wp members here usually deny them (ie. most women prefer wealthy men, most guys prefer thinner women, height is important for both genders....etc)

Not being bitter here but fact is that shorter men are significantly less desired, plain and simple. This claim is not only supported by okc stats, but by plenty of studies and stats.

There are also the silly stereotypes against short men like the napoleon complex, hehe I still recall this thread where there were two popular members (one male, one female) arguing me that such stereotype is true, one of them have also accused me of having it.

Personally, I think she has a crush on me yet she's in denial, maybe even the male one had a crush on me too. ;)

well they say short men have alot sponk to them. so i think women like short men deep down but not telling it

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 7:00 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

according to the graph, a 5foot man has better odds then me. :(

oh well I can just demand snu snu.

So I'm never in a rush

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 8:26 am

Boo, perhaps you're under the mistaken impression that men and women end up marrying the people they send messages to on OKC. as i indicated on another thread men and women tend to end up with a partner of similar socioeconomic status, so even though they may message certain groups, which can make dating more difficult, marriage is based on other factors.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Boo, perhaps you're under the mistaken impression that men and women end up marrying the people they send messages to on OKC. as i indicated on another thread men and women tend to end up with a partner of similar socioeconomic status, so even though they may message certain groups, which can make dating more difficult, marriage is based on other factors.

Didn't say that, I was just answering the OP's question straightforwardly.

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:41 pm

The best thing about short women is that they don't have as far to go down. :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
most women prefer wealthy men

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
most women prefer wealthy men

Prefer doesn't mean they necessarily end up with them.....

So only this one has bothered you? Just because it has 'women prefer' in the sentence? I was just stating several examples (including what most men prefer x and y) of what those stats you posted really indicate.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 5:07 pm

i don't have any stats about men and their preferences regarding appearance. only about women and the supposed "gold-digger" phenomenon (which it turns out is total horses**t). if you want the stereotypes about men debunked i guess you have your work cut out for you. :wink:

men who use dating sites tend to say that they rarely get first messages from women at all. i would not be surprised that a lot of first messages would be for rich men, considering the number of likely fake profiles on there. i wonder how many of them are prostitutes like on CL?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

I don't think okc is a venue with a lot prostitutes.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 5:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't think okc is a venue with a lot prostitutes.

based on what?

Match.com has a problem with it. you can google and read all about it. the prostitutes needed to go somewhere after CL booted them off.