New dating website for people on the spectrum

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 1:00 am

I recommend that if you charge, use paypal and make it cheap like £30 for a year.
Sign up to Plenty Of Fish and try to mirror that site. The site doesn't seem that bad
I almost managed to find someone who is almost compatible for me from that site.

If I wasn't so busy I surely would have had more dates from that site.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 3:26 am

I think FWB relationships are perfect for Aspies, maybe something to cater for that?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2012, 9:03 am

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
I think FWB relationships are perfect for Aspies, maybe something to cater for that?

Maybe tie that into the option idea starkid suggested? Give every opportunity for the users to be flat out honest without penalty.

kerryt84
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2012, 9:25 am

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I didn't expect to get so many :)

There have been some really good points. I really like the idea of selling the positive sides of being in a relationship with someone with an ASD and then marketing to NTs also. I will definitely include friendship only/penpal options.

I will check out the sites listed - Aspie dating, geek 2 geek and plenty of fish and try and see how they could be improved.

I haven't thought of a name yet. I want something that won't put NTs off.

My idea was to have it as less of a site where you just search through loads of photos and profiles and more of a site where you sign up and I would have a chat with you on skype to get to know what you were like and what you were looking for. Then I would make up a profile for you and check you were happy with it. Then I would only show your profile to someone if I thought you were a good match. I think it's more confidential that way and should stop trolls getting through. I know lots of dating sites that operate in this way and I like the personal touch. What do you think?

I also had the idea to include a dating advice section.