Is it weird I find emo/scene girls really hot?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 4:21 am

I've been attracted to Emo girls as well. i don't think it's the clothes. try looking at how many girls choose that way.
the answer lies within. hint teenage dark time. that's the answer right there. has anyone experience the dark side of that,without the the preppy crap that regular girls do?

helles
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 7:03 am

To me it signals people who dare stand out from the crowd (there will always be the occasional bitchy person, no matter what group you are talking about).
I like guys with tattoos, black jeans and black boots :arrow:
But then again I often wear black, I have tattoos and piercings 8)

We are all attracted to different looks - no harm in that.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 8:34 pm

helles wrote:
To me it signals people who dare stand out from the crowd (there will always be the occasional bitchy person, no matter what group you are talking about).

your saying that looks and clothing that are black bring a sensual liking to a certain object right in front? correct me if i am wrong.

helles
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 3:21 am

autismthinker21 wrote:
helles wrote:

your saying that looks and clothing that are black bring a sensual liking to a certain object right in front? correct me if i am wrong.

You mention sensual liking, not sexual liking. "Sensual, sensuous, voluptuous refer to experience through the senses. Sensual refers, often unfavorably, to the enjoyments derived from the senses, especially from the gratification or indulgence of physical appetites: a sensual delight in eating; sensual excesses. " I guess that sensual liking includes (for me) the feeling of velvet, the colour green, the touching of fur etc.

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I would not be attracted to a scarecrow in black (you mentioned object, not person).
We are all attracted to different things/looks (I am not talking about fetisch). At the moment there is a thread about attractive Manga girls, a concept that I do not understand at all. I guess that I am attracted to the off/unusual/not one of the crowd, this is often (not always) discernible in the clothes people wear. First impression is important and we often make our first opinion based on that. It is important to be able to look past first impression - there are stupid, bigot etc. people everywhere, no matter how they look.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 4:52 pm

helles wrote:
autismthinker21 wrote:
helles wrote:

You mention sensual liking, not sexual liking. "Sensual, sensuous, voluptuous refer to experience through the senses. Sensual refers, often unfavorably, to the enjoyments derived from the senses, especially from the gratification or indulgence of physical appetites: a sensual delight in eating; sensual excesses. " I guess that sensual liking includes (for me) the feeling of velvet, the colour green, the touching of fur etc.

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I would not be attracted to a scarecrow in black (you mentioned object, not person).
We are all attracted to different things/looks (I am not talking about fetisch). At the moment there is a thread about attractive Manga girls, a concept that I do not understand at all. I guess that I am attracted to the off/unusual/not one of the crowd, this is often (not always) discernible in the clothes people wear. First impression is important and we often make our first opinion based on that. It is important to be able to look past first impression - there are stupid, bigot etc. people everywhere, no matter how they look.

sexual attraction to a person leads to more mood ideas to a extent. object can be a person or anything. yes we are attracted to different things. but some stuff we don't even recognize to the naked eye. sometimes our senses can tell differently. blind people have more experience in that. past impression? now that your thinking of something very unusual. can you send a link to the thread your talking about?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

MONKEY wrote:
Not now they've all grown up. :P

:?

I dress the way I do because that's how I feel on the inside. The music I listen to plays a huge role as well. I don't have any piercings(my nose piercing got infected)and am planning on some tattoos and I'm 19 years old.

I'm not into Scene culture. The music just isn't my thing. I like The Birthday Massacre, The 69 Eyes, AFI, HIM and music like that.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

SpiderJeruz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

F**k no. That's my ideal look in a woman, right there. I'm a huge fan of pin-up art and I've always had a huge thing for piercings and tattoos. Most of those girls are down, too. Often times. Not always. Some I've met we're fake suburban witches. Still, I've found the girls I've met in the city whom present themselves like this are very kind and interesting. There's this girl at the record store I flirt with everytime I go there... She's cool.

I find a lot of those girls dress that way to hide or cover up their insecurities. They've often lead not so easy lives and know a thing or two. This is why I'd love a chick like that. I've seen and been through some things that are just not good. I could never be with someone who can't relate to having a rough up bringing and getting over it via art, hobbies, whatever. I accept everyone, but I don't particularly care for people who judge others without living their life.

And yet, I don't conform to any "style" of partner. It's more about who they are and if that type of person is as willing and accepting of a relationship as I am. That's what really matters. I just think punk girls are sexXxy. :p

helles
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2012, 9:38 am

autismthinker21 wrote:
helles wrote:
autismthinker21 wrote:
helles wrote:

sexual attraction to a person leads to more mood ideas to a extent. object can be a person or anything. yes we are attracted to different things. but some stuff we don't even recognize to the naked eye. sometimes our senses can tell differently. blind people have more experience in that. past impression? now that your thinking of something very unusual. can you send a link to the thread your talking about?

The manga girls thread can be found here http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt211359.html

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 2:04 am

I've noticed this too--with emo girls and "rave girls" as well, like the ones with the colorful outfits and beads. But I agree, too many piercings is a turn-off. Actually, I don't know if it is really as much girls who are truly "into" those scenes, or rather more nerdy/eccentric girls who imitate those styles because it's the closest they can get to fitting in.

It's not the dress that draws me in, it's the mannerisms (and there's also even a facial shape that I find is over-represented among them). I.e. many still act kind of like hyper little kids, and can be randomly imaginative, yet also quietly mysterious. They can also be very tomboy while still looking as girly as the average girl. Some are actually quite a bit like aspies, particularly the more intense aspies, though most of them seem capable of feeling more deeply than I can. It's as though they represent the part of childhood I never went through, being truly silly and emotionally tender about everything.

Someone else on here posted a thread about aspies going through an "emo tunnel" when gaining other-awareness, and I think that may be true, that emo girls (or maybe emo guys to straight female or gay male aspies) seem like aspies who also have an intuition about the NT world, and can actually bond with others "normally".