You're too nice and don't have a badboy edge to you

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2012, 2:42 am

billiscool wrote:
Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)
or are women just bad with us.
maybe women just don't know how to talk aspie men.
maybe women are just not use to us men with aspie or autism.
it could go both way but all answers are welcome.

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's
with problem, maybe their the one, who don't know how to talk to us.''

But you said in another thread that married women, even young ones, talk to you without any problems. Is it logical that women would suddenly acquire the ability to talk to you because they got married? No. That is not logical. What is far more likely is that the single women have no motivation to talk to you. It isn't that they can't (because apparently they can once they get married). It's that they won't. I strongly advise you to ask one of the married women that you know in real life for some tips and insight because they are the ones who can best see what is going wrong.

yep, once a young woman gets married or is in relationship they have no problem talking with me. I must have that look that just scares single,young women away. I guess.
and I have ask older women about meeting younger women and the older women tells me that Im a ''hansome and fun guy, and that no young women should have any problem with me''
so I guess young,single women just don't like me, well that is their lost then. But married women and older women like me, so I got something good there.
Perhaps with married women you don't feel any pressure and you are much more relaxed.That's a pretty broad generalization ''young,single women just don't like me'' and it likely isn't true.Talking with a married woman for the most part isn't a possible romantic encounter[though I am sure it has obviously led to one for some people].Your perceived failure with single women may just be your approach or the anxiety you are bringing to the encounter.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2012, 2:49 am

billiscool wrote:
Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
now be honest. Are we aspie men just bad with women (or in some cases bad with selective group of women)

I ask myself this all the time ''how I know it not just us aspie men with the problem, maybe were the one's with the problem,
maybe we are just too crazy for women but then I ask well, maybe it women. Maybe we are all right, but the women are the one's

But you said in another thread that married women, even young ones, talk to you without any problems. Is it logical that women would suddenly acquire the ability to talk to you because they got married? No. That is not logical. What is far more likely is that the single women have no motivation to talk to you. It isn't that they can't (because apparently they can once they get married). It's that they won't. I strongly advise you to ask one of the married women that you know in real life for some tips and insight because they are the ones who can best see what is going wrong.

Im just good with married women, I just know how to get them interest in me :) and 90% of the time, I don't have to do sh**.
I say one line and ''boom'' they go off and start blabbering away. same with the older women, I say the most stupidest thing and they go off like crazy. I have had three older women who want me to hang out and do stuff with them. I even had an older women invite me to go on vacation with her.
I think that is quite common in regards to older women .Older women don't receive as much attention from men [in general] as younger women do.If all you are doing is saying one line then I would guess you have happened to encounter a chatty older woman .I don't mean to play devil's advocate to your arguments but it is quite a common experience with men with AS who are not naturally skilled in romantic encounters.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

31 Dec 2012, 5:35 am

I think Aspie men can sometimes be bad with women & women can sometimes be bad with Aspie men because women & Aspie men can be very different sometimes. Men & women are generalized to have lots of differences & Aspergers is thought by some to a more extreme male brain so that would make Aspie guys more different than NT women. Being different does NOT mean that Aspie men are bad or that NT women(or women in general) are bad but rather incompatible. I know from my personal experience that I'm horrible at getting dates with NT women & have problems getting along with them sometimes partly because they are not straightforward & direct enough & we don't relate with lots of things. However my 1st gf had ADHD, dyslexia & OCD, my 2nd was an Aspie who I met here on this site, & my current one(who I also met on here) has some Aspie traits & she might be an Aspie but we're not sure; I think Aspie guys can be good with the right women

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Neither. Aspie men and woman don't try hard enough.

You will find people who are accepting but we don't help ourselves.

This is very true. There are plenty of woman who are understanding and even find aspie traits desirable. It's just a matter of finding them and being willing to weather a lot of rejection along the way. Most Aspies aren't willing to put themselves through that.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

suboc-1 wrote:
You know, this whole us and them mentality is a bad way to look at things in my opinion. Everyone is different everyone should work to accommodate each others differences. We can't blame a single party, especially when the parties are more like lines in the sand.

yep. i haven't ever met a single man or woman who fit the exact criteria for the male or female stereotype, so it doesn't really make sense to create an "us" and "them" mentality.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
billiscool wrote:
Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:

yep, once a young woman gets married or is in relationship they have no problem talking with me. I must have that look that just scares single,young women away. I guess.
and I have ask older women about meeting younger women and the older women tells me that Im a ''hansome and fun guy, and that no young women should have any problem with me''
so I guess young,single women just don't like me, well that is their lost then. But married women and older women like me, so I got something good there.
Perhaps with married women you don't feel any pressure and you are much more relaxed.That's a pretty broad generalization ''young,single women just don't like me'' and it likely isn't true.Talking with a married woman for the most part isn't a possible romantic encounter[though I am sure it has obviously led to one for some people].Your perceived failure with single women may just be your approach or the anxiety you are bringing to the encounter.

i act the same around married women as I do with single women. The only difference is the married women are more open and more willing to talk, no matter how dumb I act. which Is probaly the reason why some of these young women are single, because they put in no effort in talking to guys. there is a good reason why the women get along with me are married because they are fun, they know how to have fun, they don't freak out over a guy who talks about ''adam sandler''. women are single because they have terrible social skills and reject any man who comes along.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Dec 2012, 2:46 pm

Geekonychus wrote:

This is very true. There are plenty of woman who are understanding and even find aspie traits desirable. It's just a matter of finding them and being willing to weather a lot of rejection along the way. Most Aspies aren't willing to put themselves through that.
There is some truth in this but an intelligent Aspie can minimize the amount of rejection by acknowledging his/her strengths and weaknesses. I hate to generalize but for example,when I used to go out to the bars ,it should have dawned on me that the majority of women who frequent bars regularly were not likely going to be attracted to my quiet,shy personality.I wasn't putting myself in a location where I could shine.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:13 pm

I think it is a bit of both. Asperger men often suck with women, but they suck at responding well to us too. No one's fault, but it is the way the cookie crumbles.

arrmada
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2013, 4:56 am

billiscool wrote:
bruinsy33 wrote:
billiscool wrote:
Janissy wrote:
billiscool wrote:

i act the same around married women as I do with single women. The only difference is the married women are more open and more willing to talk, no matter how dumb I act. which Is probaly the reason why some of these young women are single, because they put in no effort in talking to guys. there is a good reason why the women get along with me are married because they are fun, they know how to have fun, they don't freak out over a guy who talks about ''adam sandler''. women are single because they have terrible social skills and reject any man who comes along.

I think its just your imagination making views of women, rejecting "any man" as you say. Someone i previous comments said girls are not being direct enough and they want to play "the game", but guess what-I'm a NT, and I prefer the guy to be straightforward with me, whatever the issue (be it inviting me for a date or dumping me). And its the Aspie that I felt hard for, preferred this "being mysterious" game - he didn't ask my phone number when we met though it was obvious he liked me (got it from our mutual friend), I never knew where I stand in our "relationship"(whether he wants me as his gf or are we just casual), until he finally started ignoring me right after I asked him directly about that after several months of guessing. So don't tell me about terrible social skills of NT women.
Another thing is that many people know nothing about Aspergers, so yes, some women know nothing about that too and that might be the reason they don't want to talk to a guy which acts odd in comparison with what they usually see.
Or they have bad experience with Aspie-NT relationships like I did - when the Aspie party seems to accept your attention and affection, but is very reserved in showing his - and they don't believe Aspie can make a good partner, so they choose to push any of them away.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 12:15 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

There is some truth in this but an intelligent Aspie can minimize the amount of rejection by acknowledging his/her strengths and weaknesses. I hate to generalize but for example,when I used to go out to the bars ,it should have dawned on me that the majority of women who frequent bars regularly were not likely going to be attracted to my quiet,shy personality.I wasn't putting myself in a location where I could shine.

I've had some luck at bars actually. Keep an eye out for the shy akward girls that look out of place. Typically they are in the same boat.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2013, 1:09 am

Geekonychus wrote:
bruinsy33 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

I've had some luck at bars actually. Keep an eye out for the shy akward girls that look out of place. Typically they are in the same boat.
Nah,it will never happen for me at a bar.I have pretty strong sensory issues being around a crowd of people with loud music .I am like a spooked deer in that kind of environment.

DefinitelyKmart
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2013, 1:17 am

LOL i had this girl flirting with me other night, turned to her to dance and walked off halfway through cos of nerves...
didn't even realise what a douche move that was till today, AS guys ... awesome.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

03 Jan 2013, 2:48 am

Geekonychus wrote:

It's not like it's easy to find them. Of all the years this site has existed someone should have sifted through the data and built a profile of the type of NT woman (or man) who likes aspies.

I'm sure, if research were done, it would be possible to identify 3 or 4 "types" (similar to the 4 types of autistics) of women who like aspies. I have no idea what these characteristics would be. So it's mostly a matter of blind firing and chance (I've definitely done lots of firing and sleeping around that led to naught as far as long-term relationships). And that is where the problem lies: no guidance. And given social anxiety and sensory issues, it's not like most aspies have a surplus of social energy.

So a guide of some sort would be quite quite useful.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 6:49 am

billiscool wrote:

I think aspies and women dont fit very well, but its nobodies fault. Maybe you already have read, but for many aspie women it is much easier having male friends then typical female friends, because many of the typical aspie habbits just dont fit with "normal" women. So with my male friends when we meet, its about doing something. So we meet to to play xyz or to visit an event or whatever, but we barely just sit hours around to talk how we are feeling about this and that or what we are thinking of this person and so on. So when i am forced to waste time in typical female gatherings its just so terrible boring for me, and i am no professional actor, so normally people recognize sooner or later that i am absolutely not interested in any of their talk, which includes what they are thinking and so on.... Normally, for NT people, this means that you are not interested in themselfs, so they may recognize that you try to fake it to be polite to them, but still it seems to them, that you are not interested in them if you dont like that gossip and small talk.

I wouldnt be whondering, if it was the same with aspie men, that it just seems to "normal" women that you have no real interest in meeting them. So you say so, but according to NT-rules you just dont act like a "real" NT would do.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
I think aspies and women dont fit very well, but its nobodies fault.

Dilbert would call it, "Nature's way of getting stuff done!" If the working world didn't also ostracize we weirdos, we'd be the geeks who kick in the door, march proudly into the office and FIX EVERYTHING. Without that pesky dating to get in the way, Aspies solve all problems with thier advanced non-social abilities. Once gone, the office breathes in a collective voice, "Who was that masked marvel??"

... hey, one can dream. ;)

[sigh] Where's my coffee... :coffee: