Do you know people who you consider to be hot...

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:45 pm

True and insightful words............for women!

Actually as I age it becomes true for me but there is a gender difference in that POV

Imo for most women hot alone is not enough its hot plus status, personality, humor etc

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:46 pm

Quote:
It does look it happens. However, this is often to do with the hot person being too avoidant, though. And screwing up every opportunity that comes their way when it comes to dating or relationships. I wouldn't say it's because they get completely ignored and rejected.

This!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 6:16 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Uprising wrote:
...who yet appear to get completely ignored and rejected by the opposite gender regardless of how hot and attractive you find them personally?

It does look it happens. However, this is often to do with the hot person being too avoidant, though. And screwing up every opportunity that comes their way when it comes to dating or relationships. I wouldn't say it's because they get completely ignored and rejected.

Yeah, I think this is the case too.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 8:31 pm

No, I've never seen this.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 6:12 am

MCalavera wrote:
Uprising wrote:
...who yet appear to get completely ignored and rejected by the opposite gender regardless of how hot and attractive you find them personally?

I know a guy like this. Dead sexy, but he's so afriad of getting rejected or breaking up down the line that he rejects everyone first. He's looking for some kind of perfect person that doesn't exist. It also doesn't help that he's kind of a jack a$$.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2013, 4:50 pm

I never use the word 'hot' to describe another person - it's juvenile and says everything I need to know about the person who uses it.

By definition a so-called 'hot' person with no takers can hardly be 'hot' can they?

if 'hot' = 'sexually attractive' and you aren't attracting anyone that is

Nirvana
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

Well, there is a guy in my class who is a really beautiful person. But every girl I've talked to thinks he is really ugly and dumb.
But I don't care what they think. He has more than good looks, he is really polite and funny. Sure, he is a pretty lazy and somewhat careless, but I like those kind of guys . . . oddly enough. Only problem is that he thinks I'm ugly and creepy or at least I think so :(

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 1:14 pm

Nirvana wrote:
Well, there is a guy in my class who is a really beautiful person. But every girl I've talked to thinks he is really ugly and dumb.
But I don't care what they think. He has more than good looks, he is really polite and funny. Sure, he is a pretty lazy and somewhat careless, but I like those kind of guys . . . oddly enough. Only problem is that he thinks I'm ugly and creepy or at least I think so :(

I think for NTs, attractiveness is about how you project yourself and how you are received by others as much as how you actually look.

Nirvana
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

nessa238 wrote:
I think for NTs, attractiveness is about how you project yourself and how you are received by others as much as how you actually look.

The people in my school are very judgmental when it comes to looks. Most of them can't even imagine dating someone who isn't hot. To them attractiveness is solely about looks not personality.
For example, there is one guy in my class who is really short, but he is also really nice and funny. Most girls like him, but whenever he isn't around they tear him down for his length. Some even say they would be in love with him if it wasn't for his length.

People can of course be attracted to whoever or whatever they want, but looks is so important in my school that if you're ugly (but still nice) you'll (almost) never have a chance with anyone and everyone will tear you down.

It sucks for me and everyone else who are "ugly".

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

Nirvana wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

The people in my school are very judgmental when it comes to looks. Most of them can't even imagine dating someone who isn't hot. To them attractiveness is solely about looks not personality.
For example, there is one guy in my class who is really short, but he is also really nice and funny. Most girls like him, but whenever he isn't around they tear him down for his length. Some even say they would be in love with him if it wasn't for his length.

People can of course be attracted to whoever or whatever they want, but looks is so important in my school that if you're ugly (but still nice) you'll (almost) never have a chance with anyone and everyone will tear you down.

It sucks for me and everyone else who are "ugly".

I think most people are judgemental about looks to be quite honest, it's just the degree that varies

I find the people who are less so are those who have been judged for their looks themselves eg myself and sometimes older people who are 'past their best' or have 'lost' their looks.

Younger people are obsessed with looks as they tend to define their identities in terms of how well they fit in with their peer group and looks are often very central to this.

School is a very limited selection of people though - there will be people after you've moved on from school who will accept you for who you are as a person more than for how you look - these are always the best people to invest your time and energy in getting to know.