Women always try so hard to ignore me and look away from me?

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:30 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
so i wonder at why you'd be keen to have women in particular see you differently.

what is there to wonder? He feels women see him as someone to avoid. He wants to change that. its pretty simple to me

but he already has a girlfriend, so why would he need to change? this makes no sense to me. if i was wanting men to react differently to me in a love & dating context, and i asked for advice to help me with that, my boyfriend would rightfully wonder what on earth i was up to. i mean, i have allllllll of the boyfriend that i need..... don't i?

if i needed help coming across better for friendship reasons, there is an area of the forum for that.
if i needed help coming across better in general due to autism, there is an area of the forum for that.

it would make no sense to ask about it here unless it was for love & dating, and... the OP isn't single.

maybe his gf has done the same at times. maybe hesthinking of his past loves, etc. There isnt need to question something as simple as this thread.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 12:35 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
so i wonder at why you'd be keen to have women in particular see you differently.

what is there to wonder? He feels women see him as someone to avoid. He wants to change that. its pretty simple to me

but he already has a girlfriend, so why would he need to change? this makes no sense to me. if i was wanting men to react differently to me in a love & dating context, and i asked for advice to help me with that, my boyfriend would rightfully wonder what on earth i was up to. i mean, i have allllllll of the boyfriend that i need..... don't i?

if i needed help coming across better for friendship reasons, there is an area of the forum for that.
if i needed help coming across better in general due to autism, there is an area of the forum for that.

it would make no sense to ask about it here unless it was for love & dating, and... the OP isn't single.

maybe his gf has done the same at times. maybe hesthinking of his past loves, etc. There isnt need to question something as simple as this thread.

he didn't ask about his gf, he asked about a strange woman he tried to make eye contact with in the supermarket. i don't see why not to ask the question. maybe there is something i don't know about his relationship - that is most likely the case. but since i don't know it, i don't understand the purpose for wanting to come across better to strange women in the supermarket.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 3:14 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

he didn't ask about his gf, he asked about a strange woman he tried to make eye contact with in the supermarket. i don't see why not to ask the question. maybe there is something i don't know about his relationship - that is most likely the case. but since i don't know it, i don't understand the purpose for wanting to come across better to strange women in the supermarket.

I think it's more about validation. He just wants the reassurance that many women as a whole find him attractive. I don't think it's that uncommon, and it's not done for any relationship seeking purposes. Some people are just natural flirts.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

Alenboy catches women looking at him, though, and he already knows he is attractive. so he has the validation.

i get what you and MXH are saying, but in the context of many relationships... while it may be considered flattering to have attention from other people, to actively seek it out or to cultivate it is different. a good rule of thumb is to ask would my partner mind what i'm doing if they were standing next to me right now? of course many partners don't care, and that's cool - that's how their relationship works. i don't know how Alienboy's relationship works, so that's why i was confused here. i don't have the full picture maybe.

ntgrl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Feb 2013, 10:02 pm

AlienBoy wrote:
I just often find myself interested in doing little social experiments and simple observations once in a while.

I have seen people with AS mention this before and I have to say that I cannot ever imagine that doing little social experiments comes off as too natural. I would imagine that it would come off as a bit creepy and feel very strange to the other person. For an NT smiling and making brief eye contact is something that is done naturally, I think that perhaps what you are doing just seems very awkward to the person that you are trying to engage with. If you keep trying to catch their eye I think that would make them feel nervous, just because it is not a behavior that we are used to. As hyperlexian mentioned people don’t tend to hold eye contact with strangers often.

AlienBoy wrote:
It still bothers me that most women do this to me. It would still be nice and validating to my esteem if a woman other than my gf showed attraction to me.

My ex boyfriend used to feel the need to validate himself and try to increase his self esteem by trying to see if other women besides me were attracted to him. Unfortunately this made me much less attracted to him.

He is a very attractive guy, he could easily be a model, but I often saw that people were confused by his behavior and often times female bartenders or other women he tried to interact with found his behavior very odd and awkward.

I met him online and by the time I met him in person I really liked him, but within five minutes of being physically with him, I knew that something was quite different. It didn’t help that the first thing he did was take my sunglasses off of my face so that he could see my eyes. Apparently he really wanted to make eye contact with me.

hyperlexian wrote:
but in the context of many relationships... while it may be considered flattering to have attention from other people, to actively seek it out or to cultivate it is different. a good rule of thumb is to ask would my partner mind what i'm doing if they were standing next to me right now? of course many partners don't care, and that's cool

I agree with hyperlexian, actively seeking out attention in order to validate yourself or increase your self esteem could be very confusing to your girl friend. I used to wonder why my attention was not enough for him. I never tried to get another man to act like he was attracted to me. As a matter of fact, I avoided eye contact for just that reason. If you don’t know for sure that your girlfriend wouldn’t mind your social experiments, you may want to figure that out.

And even if she thinks it is fine, I still think that you will come off as very unnatural, because you are in fact trying to do something to elicit a certain response from another person as opposed to just naturally interacting with them and odds are they realize that something is different.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

Maybe its because they know your autistic.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Feb 2013, 7:11 am

IF she's behind you in a line then it seems to me you would have to turn around/twist your head significantly to make eye contact her (also don't understand how you 'caught' her looking at you in that context anyway), in which case it would be awkward and weird even if she was checking you out.

I might check people out if i think they won't notice me, it they notice me i'll look away because i'm just checking them out, i dont actually want to engage with them....like hyperlexian said in general eye contact with strangers is not something people do, at least in places like grocery stores (maybe somewhere like a bar where people are open to talking to others) and like ntgirl said, generally random eye contact moments amongst NT's happen more spontaneously, like passing someone in the street (walking in opposite directions) you look at them, they look at you, your eyes meet, you pass, moments over. nothing odd about that, until you stop and turn around and keep looking lol but i digress.

i don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with you, your presence, your attractiveness (based on what you said) but your mannerisms may be what's putting people off (although not so much so that it's completely creepy because as has also been pointed out, you have a gf after all).

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 8:10 am

Alienboy wrote:
@hyperlexian - Yes I do. That is not my point though. I wasn't trying to flirt with this woman by any means. I just often find myself interested in doing little social experiments and simple observations once in a while. I am assuming that everyone who replied was correct. I have been told in the past that I am really handsome and that I have intense eyes. It is strange because other people have told me that I have friendly and non-intense eyes. I guess what everyone sees is different. In this particular case, the woman in line glanced at me first and then I only looked back at her in response to her glancing at me. That is when I noticed she quickly darted her eyes away from me like I was some sort of demon from a nightmare of hers. She could have just been intimidated and shy because a few moments later...she did the classic whip out the cell phone technique. She was practically boring holes into it with her eyes. I always wonder why I come off as so intimidating? I am a really relaxed and low-key type person and people around me always seen unsure and nervous. I think I need to figure out how to better come across as more friendly or just more approachable? This is not for meeting women because I have a gf. This would be for just meeting new friends and being social in general. It still bothers me that most women do this to me. It would still be nice and validating to my esteem if a woman other than my gf showed attraction to me. Then I wouldn't feel like this creepy alien every time I cross paths with and make eye contact with any female.

Imagining this was hilarious. Maybe if you laughed, she would laugh too?

ripped
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 2:23 am

Alienboy wrote:
@ripped - It is funny that you mention this because I do this all the time. I wonder what it is other people are seeing that I am not seeing. I just did it again this morning. I honestly do look scary looking. I just have one of those faces I guess. I am really thin, so I have the high cheek bones, sharp eyes and other sharp features. I think my sharp features, sharp glare and lack of smile just make me look like a psycho or dangerous person. Women are not going to continue eye contact with someone like this. I guess I will just have to try smiling more. That is another whole problem because smiling feels alien to me. I feel like it takes so much work and effort to force and hold a smile. Does it sound like I have some serious personality issues? I mean isn't it ridiculous that something as simple as a smile feels "alien" to me? I can't relate to other people for the most part, so I just never engage in conversation or even in sharing a smile with people. I thought about seeing my psychologist again to possibly get on some medicine. Maybe I need it. I think I have a chemical imbalance in my brain and that is why I am always so nonchalant about people and life in general.

By the way, I am tempted to post a photo of me looking into a mirror on here. Just so people can see how evil and creepy I look naturally.

We've all seen the hottest birds on the arm of what could be uncharitably called the weirdest looking guys.
It isn't what you look like, its HOW you look.
Women go by how they feel when they look at you or are near you. You cant get past this filter.

You tell yourself that you are evil and creepy looking - well do us all a favor and never tell yourself the BS again.
Because that is half the attitude women pick up on you.

Women are forever scanning guys for social cues that indicate to them your suitability as a spouse. They do this for ages.
So when you are telling yourself evil things about yourself, guess what your social cues are telling them?

You have to put something beautiful inside if you want anyone else to like what they see.

Last edited by ripped on 07 Feb 2013, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 2:27 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i get what you and MXH are saying

I dont think you do, because ive not said anything besides that it is not up to us to decide for him what to do or want. We both like to blame society for being controlling of what others do, yet what do we do to break that chain?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 2:39 am

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Because humans are apes.

Hooo Hoo hooo hooo!!

Something that you always failed to see.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 2:41 am

But we aren't as hairy. Oh, wait, some of us are.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 2:42 am

ripped wrote:
Alienboy wrote:
@ripped - It is funny that you mention this because I do this all the time. I wonder what it is other people are seeing that I am not seeing. I just did it again this morning. I honestly do look scary looking. I just have one of those faces I guess. I am really thin, so I have the high cheek bones, sharp eyes and other sharp features. I think my sharp features, sharp glare and lack of smile just make me look like a psycho or dangerous person. Women are not going to continue eye contact with someone like this. I guess I will just have to try smiling more. That is another whole problem because smiling feels alien to me. I feel like it takes so much work and effort to force and hold a smile. Does it sound like I have some serious personality issues? I mean isn't it ridiculous that something as simple as a smile feels "alien" to me? I can't relate to other people for the most part, so I just never engage in conversation or even in sharing a smile with people. I thought about seeing my psychologist again to possibly get on some medicine. Maybe I need it. I think I have a chemical imbalance in my brain and that is why I am always so nonchalant about people and life in general.

By the way, I am tempted to post a photo of me looking into a mirror on here. Just so people can see how evil and creepy I look naturally.

We've all seen the hottest birds on the arm of what could be uncharitably called the weirdest looking guys.
It isn't what you look like, its HOW you look.
Women go by how they feel when they look at you or are near you. You cant get past this filter.

You tell yourself that you are evil and creepy looking - well do us all a favor and never tell yourself the BS again.
Because that is half the attitude women pick up on you.

Women are forever scanning guys for social cues that indicate to them your suitability as a spouse. They do this for ages.
So when you are telling yourself evil things about yourself, guess what your social cues are telling them?

You have to put something beautiful inside if you want anyone else to like what they see.

Oh no, another misled male (by the media, common talks...etc) who made to believe that women have super powers that allow them to scan and sense vibes from males just by getting close to them.

I've got news for you, this is all bs.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 4:55 am

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I dont think you do, because ive not said anything besides that it is not up to us to decide for him what to do or want. We both like to blame society for being controlling of what others do, yet what do we do to break that chain?

again, we have no idea what is ok within the context of his relationship,so what society dictates is not really relevant. i feel like i don't know the whole picture here so i am commenting on limited information.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 9:25 am

hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

again, we have no idea what is ok within the context of his relationship,so what society dictates is not really relevant. i feel like i don't know the whole picture here so i am commenting on limited information.

as am i. Except we went the 2 oposite paths here, mine being answering his questions and letting him figure the rest out

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

as am i. Except we went the 2 oposite paths here, mine being answering his questions and letting him figure the rest out
no, what you are doing is trying to convince me, which has nothing to do with advising the OP. if you want to help him, by all means do so. but this ain't it