I hope I didn't miss an opportunity

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 5:33 pm

Madeline wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
I actually double checked, and it turns out i didn't even send my text to the right number. I mixed up the digits so I don't even know who I texted!

If I were you, I'd resend that text to the right number though I might add something like "Let me know if you'd like to get coffee sometime" that way you're putting an invitation out there.

Good luck!

Good advice. I want to see first if she even replies, if she does I will suggest it.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 6:12 pm

Hahaha, I have received texts form people that were quite... graphic by accident.

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2013, 11:51 pm

Dude... the title of this thread is the story of my life.

Send that text to the right number. I once had a girl doing really similar things to me in high school for like two weeks straight... didn't think anything of it at the time. Found out a couple years later that she had been really into me at the time. Not the only time that kind of thing has happened to me.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2013, 12:15 am

Pabalebo wrote:
Dude... the title of this thread is the story of my life.

Send that text to the right number. I once had a girl doing really similar things to me in high school for like two weeks straight... didn't think anything of it at the time. Found out a couple years later that she had been really into me at the time. Not the only time that kind of thing has happened to me.

I sent the text a couple of hours ago, but so far no response. I double checked and this time I got the number right, so maybe she hasn't seen it or is not interested. Either way, I guess I'll figure out soon enough.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2013, 11:15 pm

She replied to my text saying, "hey thanks! I'm having a good summer so far."

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2013, 12:33 am

Sounds pretty disinterested to me, but than again, I'm not the best judge to these things. Also, I'm pretty drunk right now, so that's doubly true.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2013, 4:16 pm

Should I ask her for coffee, or leave as is, I don't want to seem too aggressive.

anneya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2013, 4:21 pm

Disraeli wrote:
Should I ask her for coffee, or leave as is, I don't want to seem too aggressive.

I think you should ask her, casually. Something like, "By the way, we are not that far away from each other, would you like to meet for a drink/coffee/bite to eat?"

anneya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2013, 4:27 pm

PsychoSarah wrote:
Girls pity awkward men. They try to be their friend. But they get bored, and move on in the end.

Sorry but I don't think that is true at all. Some of my male friends are a little awkward and I don't pity them in any way. My ex was really awkward in social situations-when we first met, on the phone, on the bus, any crowded place in fact. But he was genuine and not someone trying to be cool or fake and it was quite touching. We broke up for different reasons and I certainly didn't get bored.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2013, 6:10 pm

The best way not to miss opportunities is not to have any.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 2:25 pm

So, I sent out a 'do you want to get a coffee" text message, and she replied, but I am too afraid to check my messages. It's probably just a rejection, how awfully embarrassing.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 3:02 pm

Disraeli wrote:
So, I sent out a 'do you want to get a coffee" text message, and she replied, but I am too afraid to check my messages. It's probably just a rejection, how awfully embarrassing.

Check before it is too late, and don't fear rejection!

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 3:03 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:

I was thinking about just deleting it without reading. I know its a rejection, so no point in reading it.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 3:30 pm

Disraeli wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:

I was thinking about just deleting it without reading. I know its a rejection, so no point in reading it.

Don't delete it, why would you delete it? At least read it, what have you got to lose?

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 3:56 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:

Don't delete it, why would you delete it? At least read it, what have you got to lose?

I suppose nothing.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 4:05 pm

Disraeli wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Disraeli wrote:

I suppose nothing.

Good, keep your head held high and walk tall. You shouldn't fear what people think of you attractive wise if they are not interested. Check it, and if she rejects, there are more than a billion other women on the planet you can ask, if you could of course.