Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 8:12 pm

"Tits or face?"

No, don't say that. ;)

Bongo2k
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2007, 8:17 pm

And, dont feel like you HAVE to meet a girl, or get a girlfriend within a certain time frame.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 11:44 pm

Bongo2k wrote:
Say the first thing that comes into your mind, as long as it doesnt involve something like "Nice cleavage" or "Are those real?" it will be fine. You seem like you are the kind of guy that doesnt look at girls and think "which one can i 'have' first?". If you are the kind of guy that actually respects females it will come across in the way you speak them.

In my experience girls find it refreshing to speak to a guy who's first thought isnt "I want to get into your undies". Make it spontanious(sp?). Rehearsed things seem so....well, rehearsed :). Plus, if things dont go the way you have planned then your forced to think on your feet. I dunno about you, but i hate being put on the spot if im not expecting it.

My ex's arent exactly something i would like to repeat, but you have looks on your side too. If you feel like your not ready to speak to them eye contact is the best place to start :). I'm sure you dont need any pointers on that, and if you do then just ask, any of these nice people will be happy to reply :D

I can make eye contact, it feels kind of weird sometimes, but my problem is in the communication. Sometimes I have been out and I meet eyes with a girl, but then in my head I don't know what to do. Some people say they just meet eyes with a girl from across the room, and they take it from there. I can't tell if I'm being checked out, or if I'm being noticed for something negative, like looking out of place.

CockneyRebel wrote:
Find out what the girl's interests are, and talk to her about them

Good thinking. My only information is based on what I see the girl doing in class I.E. if she is reading a book/listening to Ipod, etc. any suggestions or do I just have to think harder and whip something up out of this?

Thanks for the replies everyone... you've given me some good ideas here(even if I am not sure about how to put them into action yet) Part of my problem I think is that I'm putting pressure on myself to say the right thing. Usually I am pretty bold in life and don't care so much what people think, but when it comes to this I guess I am more sensitive, probably needlessly so :lol:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 12:49 pm

Bongo2k wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

YES! Learn where she usually goes & ask her if it's all right if you tag along.

That doesnt mean you have to talk to them either, If you see a girl you like pay attention to what she does, i.e. her hobbies e.t.c, im not saying go and stalk her, just observe. Observation is the key to gathering enough information to start a conversation.

Observing is the same thing as stalking. I got into a lot of trouble observing girls.
Carry some notepaper for later reference.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 2:45 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Talk to her? TALK?! That's madness! :P

In all seriousness, though, CockneyRebel is right. Cheap chat-up lines will not get you anything but scorn, whereas a genuine interest in what the girl likes will win you multiple brownie points.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2007, 3:19 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Carry some notepaper for later reference.

There is a difference between observation and stalking. That's it right there! 8O

Observation...what pictures has she stuck to her folder(s) (if you school uses them, if not notebooks, textbooks etc), does she have any little keychains hanging from her bag (eg: lots of girls when I was living abroad had Hello Kitty all freakin over their bags)? Does she doodle little things all over her books in class when bored? What does she talk about with her girlfriends outside of class at lunchtime? (this is when you vaguely listen in occasionally without looking at them or being very close!) Are there any concerts she's planning on going to? Any singers or bands that get mentioned in conversation? Same with TV shows or movies. This sort of thing...this is observation. Following her around and taking notes...this is stalking. :lol: If someone were taking notes about me, frankly I'd be very scared. If someone was just taking an interest and seeing what I was into, I'd be flattered :)

The other thing you can do is pull from common experiences. This guy I was REALLY into (but hardly ever noticed me) bumped into me by the lockers one day...started conversation on the note of 'Hey, did you find yesterday's test stupidly hard?' to which I had a rather garbled response as my head tried to get over the ZOMG HE'S TALKING TO MEEEEE!! ! *FAINT* response. (Hey, he was hot!) We ended up talking about the test questions, then the stupid writers of the test, then school, then onto...well lo and behold, he was a Tekken fan too! That was a sweet, sweet day :)