Women: Go back to Hell where you came from.

Page 2 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:18 pm

Fark's sake. People are always hurting each other. People in any sort of relationship are always hurting each other more! SUCK IT UP BROTHER, hold your head high and leave yourself with a shred of dignity already.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

And if that fails, try a DIFFERENT way.

If something's not working, try a different approach, after all.

Seriously. Having a fit over it helps no one, least of all your kind self.

Besides, we all have bad, painful, awkward and just downright annoying relationships from time to time. Lick your wounds, heal, then GROW from the pain, don't let it take over your soul.

caramel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2007, 10:20 pm

i think things happen for a reason..... thats my only faith. i think that you should rationalize it as fate was doing you a favor by having her screw you over-- you probably dodged a pretty big bullet by her pulling this stunt...

maybe fate was opening the doors for you to find the right one for you- trust me when things seem so bleak, they rarely are.... i'm an NT female, didn't have but one relationship in my life, and even when times seem tough, thats when you recount the experience and realize that you should never repeat the same mistakes you might've committed in this relationship (whether that be dating a shallow woman, or letting her abuse you, etc., etc.,)

don't be so quick to give up yet...
i'm sure theres a much more charming, gorgeous, and wonderful woman out there for you... just stop being so angry and be happy for those things we forget to appreciate normally...then it won't feel so bad...

hope that helped, friend!

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:21 pm

Seeing this topic...ugh...Talking about generalizing...wow!

I do not endorse the idea that "All women are demons from Hell" what so ever.

People, consider the consequences of posts like this.

caramel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2007, 10:24 pm

andy1976uk wrote:
KenM wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
But there ARE some women who are good people.

I used to think that. But every women I have had any type of relationship with has hurt or screwed with me in some way.

Have any of them been Aspies? But saying that, I'm sure there are some decent NT women. There's almost 150 million women in your country alone, so why be so defeatist?

i honestly think that even if it were an Aspie, from my perspective, there are obstacles regardless... shoot there might even be more because from what i've read some aspies can be less accomodating because of their own obsessions, thoughts, mannerisms and/or on different sides of the spectrum which could cause a whole lot of near misses...

i think NT or Aspie, you're bound to endure a lot of games regardless... i do agree that there are some decent NT women- i happen to be one of them! lol :wink:

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2007, 10:29 pm

If all women are demons from hell, why would you want a relationship with one in the first place? Secondly, if you did have a relationship with a demon, by default it would not be a healthy one. Said demon would sell your soul to the devil, or what-ever else demons do. Thirdly, what about the women who have not wronged you? What about those who are in happy loving relationships with other people, or who may be single but do not hurt anyone?

Your emotion is over-taking your logic, which is actually fairly NT as I understand it, but the generalization and black and white thinking is very AS. On the one hand, I can understand this AS thinking taking over, as it has happened to me, and it is difficult to overcome. On the other hand, I take offense to being called a demon from hell simply because a few individuals who have the same reproductive organs as myself and 50% of the population, hurt you.

You are in pain, and this is a good safe place to talk and vent, but please be mindful of the feelings of others, just as you expect them to be mindful of yours.

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:29 pm

andy1976uk wrote:

"god"? If you want something to happen, you have to make it happen. So what if 5 or 10 or even 50 relationships have been difficult, TRY AGAIN!! !! ! Learn from each experience and apply those lessons.

If every time I try again I still get screwed? I do apply lessons learned. I still get screwed. I have a good place to live, a decent job, car, so i have lived for myself. But I want to share it. God does not want me to be truly happy, so why try?

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:33 pm

ooohprettycolors wrote:
If all women are demons from hell, why would you want a relationship with one in the first place? Secondly, if you did have a relationship with a demon, by default it would not be a healthy one. Said demon would sell your soul to the devil, or what-ever else demons do. Thirdly, what about the women who have not wronged you? What about those who are in happy loving relationships with other people, or who may be single but do not hurt anyone?

Your emotion is over-taking your logic, which is actually fairly NT as I understand it, but the generalization and black and white thinking is very AS. On the one hand, I can understand this AS thinking taking over, as it has happened to me, and it is difficult to overcome. On the other hand, I take offense to being called a demon from hell simply because a few individuals who have the same reproductive organs as myself and 50% of the population, hurt you.

You are in pain, and this is a good safe place to talk and vent, but please be mindful of the feelings of others, just as you expect them to be mindful of yours.

Regarding your last paragraph; I think allowances should be made for Ken and anyone else in this position. Being called a "demon from Hell" isn't the end of the world.

Shale
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:39 pm

KenM, sounds like you have everything sorted aside from a partner. Really, you're doing a lot better than most of us.

There's a right time for everything. I'd just say that these women that have broken your heart haven't been right for you, and thank goodness they saved you the trauma of finding this out years into a marriage :shock:

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:47 pm

Shale wrote:
KenM, sounds like you have everything sorted aside from a partner. Really, you're doing a lot better than most of us.

Yup, only thing I've got there is the good place to live and I still have to rent :lol:

I'll never just surrender and quit to life's challenges. Bring it on.

Quote:
There's a right time for everything. I'd just say that these women that have broken your heart haven't been right for you, and thank goodness they saved you the trauma of finding this out years into a marriage :shock:

As for the god bit, either god is testing you and wants you to fight back and develop greater fortitude and will be angry with you if you just quit (I was always told that suicide led straight to an eternity of Hell).......or maybe god is just a little bastard and you need to forget trying to please him or rely on him for anything and instead make everything happen yourself or perhaps god doesn't even exist. Fight back dood, don't be a quitter.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:51 pm

YAY for stereotyping,This thread dosen't offend me at all

Psych!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

24 Jan 2007, 10:53 pm

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/buddhawise.html

Quote:
The Basics of Buddhist Wisdom

Dr. C. George Boeree
Shippensburg University

The Four Noble Truths

1. Life is suffering;

2. Suffering is due to attachment;

3. Attachment can be overcome;
4. There is a path for accomplishing this.

1. Suffering is perhaps the most common translation for the Sanskrit word duhkha, which can also be translated as imperfect, stressful, or filled with anguish.

Contributing to the anguish is anitya -- the fact that all things are impermanent, including living things like ourselves.

Furthermore, there is the concept of anatman -- literally, "no soul". Anatman means that all things are interconnected and interdependent, so that no thing -- including ourselves -- has a separate existence.

2. Attachment is a common translation for the word trishna, which literally means thirst and is also translated as desire, clinging, greed, craving, or lust. Because we and the world are imperfect, impermanent, and not separate, we are forever "clinging" to things, each other, and ourselves, in a mistaken effort at permanence.

Besides trishna, there is dvesha, which means avoidance or hatred. Hatred is its own kind of clinging.

And finally there is avidya, ignorance or the refusal to see. Not fully understanding the impermanence of things is what leads us to cling in the first place.

3. Perhaps the most misunderstood term in Buddhism is the one which refers to the overcoming of attachment: nirvana. It literally means "blowing out," but is often thought to refer to either a Buddhist heaven or complete nothingness. Actually, it refers to the letting go of clinging, hatred, and ignorance, and the full acceptance of imperfection, impermanence, and interconnectedness.

4. And then there is the path, called dharma. Buddha called it the middle way, which is understood as meaning the middle way between such competing philosophies as materialism and idealism, or hedonism and asceticism. This path, this middle way, is elaborated as the eightfold path.

The Eightfold Path

1. Right view is the true understanding of the four noble truths.
2. Right aspiration is the true desire to free oneself from attachment, ignorance, and hatefulness.

These two are referred to as prajña, or wisdom.

3. Right speech involves abstaining from lying, gossiping, or hurtful talk.

4. Right action involves abstaining from hurtful behaviors, such as killing, stealing, and careless sex.
5. Right livelihood means making your living in such a way as to avoid dishonesty and hurting others, including animals.

These three are refered to as shila, or morality.

6. Right effort is a matter of exerting oneself in regards to the content of one's mind: Bad qualities should be abandoned and prevented from arising again; Good qualities should be enacted and nurtured.

7. Right mindfulness is the focusing of one's attention on one's body, feelings, thoughts, and consciousness in such a way as to overcome craving, hatred, and ignorance.
8. Right concentration is meditating in such a way as to progressively realize a true understanding of imperfection, impermanence, and non-separateness.

The last three are known as samadhi, or meditation.

The Kalama Sutta

In the Kalama Sutta, we find the Kalamas, a people of apparently skeptical natures, asking Buddha for guidance in distinguishing good teachers from bad ones, and proper teachings from evil ones. The Buddha answers in three parts, which are treasures of wisdom. First, he outlines the criteria we should use to distinguish good from bad teachers and teachings:

"It is proper for you, Kalamas, to doubt, to be uncertain.... Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another's seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, 'The monk is our teacher....'

"What do you think, Kalamas? Does greed appear in a man for his benefit or harm? Does hate appear in a man for his benefit or harm? Does delusion appear in a man for his benefit or harm?" -- "For his harm, venerable sir." -- "Kalamas, being given to greed, hate, and delusion, and being overwhelmed and vanquished mentally by greed, hate, and delusion, this man takes life, steals, commits adultery, and tells lies; he prompts another too, to do likewise. Will that be long for his harm and ill?" -- "Yes, venerable sir...."
"Kalamas, when you yourselves know: 'These things are bad; these things are blamable; these things are censured by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to harm and ill,' abandon them. "

Next, Buddha presents The Four Exalted Dwellings or Brahma Vihara:

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who in this way is devoid of coveting, devoid of ill will, undeluded, clearly comprehending and mindful, dwells, having pervaded, with the thought of amity, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of amity that is free of hate or malice.

"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of compassion, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of compassion that is free of hate or malice.

"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of gladness, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of gladness that is free of hate or malice.
"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of equanimity, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of equanimity that is free of hate or malice.

And finally, Buddha reveals how, no matter what our philosophical orientation, following this path will lead to happiness, The Four Solaces:

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom four solaces are found here and now.

"'Suppose there is a hereafter and there is a fruit, result, of deeds done well or ill. Then it is possible that at the dissolution of the body after death, I shall arise in the heavenly world, which is possessed of the state of bliss.' This is the first solace found by him.

"'Suppose there is no hereafter and there is no fruit, no result, of deeds done well or ill. Yet in this world, here and now, free from hatred, free from malice, safe and sound, and happy, I keep myself.' This is the second solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) befall an evil-doer. I, however, think of doing evil to no one. Then, how can ill (results) affect me who do no evil deed?' This is the third solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) do not befall an evil-doer. Then I see myself purified in any case.' This is the fourth solace found by him.
"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom, here and now, these four solaces are found."

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 10:56 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/buddhawise.html

Quote:
The Basics of Buddhist Wisdom

Dr. C. George Boeree
Shippensburg University

The Four Noble Truths

1. Life is suffering;

2. Suffering is due to attachment;

3. Attachment can be overcome;
4. There is a path for accomplishing this.

1. Suffering is perhaps the most common translation for the Sanskrit word duhkha, which can also be translated as imperfect, stressful, or filled with anguish.

Contributing to the anguish is anitya -- the fact that all things are impermanent, including living things like ourselves.

Furthermore, there is the concept of anatman -- literally, "no soul". Anatman means that all things are interconnected and interdependent, so that no thing -- including ourselves -- has a separate existence.

2. Attachment is a common translation for the word trishna, which literally means thirst and is also translated as desire, clinging, greed, craving, or lust. Because we and the world are imperfect, impermanent, and not separate, we are forever "clinging" to things, each other, and ourselves, in a mistaken effort at permanence.

Besides trishna, there is dvesha, which means avoidance or hatred. Hatred is its own kind of clinging.

And finally there is avidya, ignorance or the refusal to see. Not fully understanding the impermanence of things is what leads us to cling in the first place.

3. Perhaps the most misunderstood term in Buddhism is the one which refers to the overcoming of attachment: nirvana. It literally means "blowing out," but is often thought to refer to either a Buddhist heaven or complete nothingness. Actually, it refers to the letting go of clinging, hatred, and ignorance, and the full acceptance of imperfection, impermanence, and interconnectedness.

4. And then there is the path, called dharma. Buddha called it the middle way, which is understood as meaning the middle way between such competing philosophies as materialism and idealism, or hedonism and asceticism. This path, this middle way, is elaborated as the eightfold path.

The Eightfold Path

1. Right view is the true understanding of the four noble truths.
2. Right aspiration is the true desire to free oneself from attachment, ignorance, and hatefulness.

These two are referred to as prajña, or wisdom.

3. Right speech involves abstaining from lying, gossiping, or hurtful talk.

4. Right action involves abstaining from hurtful behaviors, such as killing, stealing, and careless sex.
5. Right livelihood means making your living in such a way as to avoid dishonesty and hurting others, including animals.

These three are refered to as shila, or morality.

6. Right effort is a matter of exerting oneself in regards to the content of one's mind: Bad qualities should be abandoned and prevented from arising again; Good qualities should be enacted and nurtured.

7. Right mindfulness is the focusing of one's attention on one's body, feelings, thoughts, and consciousness in such a way as to overcome craving, hatred, and ignorance.
8. Right concentration is meditating in such a way as to progressively realize a true understanding of imperfection, impermanence, and non-separateness.

The last three are known as samadhi, or meditation.

The Kalama Sutta

In the Kalama Sutta, we find the Kalamas, a people of apparently skeptical natures, asking Buddha for guidance in distinguishing good teachers from bad ones, and proper teachings from evil ones. The Buddha answers in three parts, which are treasures of wisdom. First, he outlines the criteria we should use to distinguish good from bad teachers and teachings:

"It is proper for you, Kalamas, to doubt, to be uncertain.... Do not go upon what has been acquired by repeated hearing; nor upon tradition; nor upon rumor; nor upon what is in a scripture; nor upon surmise; nor upon an axiom; nor upon specious reasoning; nor upon a bias towards a notion that has been pondered over; nor upon another's seeming ability; nor upon the consideration, 'The monk is our teacher....'

"What do you think, Kalamas? Does greed appear in a man for his benefit or harm? Does hate appear in a man for his benefit or harm? Does delusion appear in a man for his benefit or harm?" -- "For his harm, venerable sir." -- "Kalamas, being given to greed, hate, and delusion, and being overwhelmed and vanquished mentally by greed, hate, and delusion, this man takes life, steals, commits adultery, and tells lies; he prompts another too, to do likewise. Will that be long for his harm and ill?" -- "Yes, venerable sir...."
"Kalamas, when you yourselves know: 'These things are bad; these things are blamable; these things are censured by the wise; undertaken and observed, these things lead to harm and ill,' abandon them. "

Next, Buddha presents The Four Exalted Dwellings or Brahma Vihara:

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who in this way is devoid of coveting, devoid of ill will, undeluded, clearly comprehending and mindful, dwells, having pervaded, with the thought of amity, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of amity that is free of hate or malice.

"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of compassion, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of compassion that is free of hate or malice.

"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of gladness, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of gladness that is free of hate or malice.
"He lives, having pervaded, with the thought of equanimity, all corners of the universe; he dwells, having pervaded because of the existence in it of all living beings, everywhere, the entire world, with the great, exalted, boundless thought of equanimity that is free of hate or malice.

And finally, Buddha reveals how, no matter what our philosophical orientation, following this path will lead to happiness, The Four Solaces:

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom four solaces are found here and now.

"'Suppose there is a hereafter and there is a fruit, result, of deeds done well or ill. Then it is possible that at the dissolution of the body after death, I shall arise in the heavenly world, which is possessed of the state of bliss.' This is the first solace found by him.

"'Suppose there is no hereafter and there is no fruit, no result, of deeds done well or ill. Yet in this world, here and now, free from hatred, free from malice, safe and sound, and happy, I keep myself.' This is the second solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) befall an evil-doer. I, however, think of doing evil to no one. Then, how can ill (results) affect me who do no evil deed?' This is the third solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) do not befall an evil-doer. Then I see myself purified in any case.' This is the fourth solace found by him.
"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom, here and now, these four solaces are found."

Hmmm, Texan Buddhists, now I've heard everything. :D :P

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

24 Jan 2007, 11:03 pm

andy1976uk wrote:

No I'm an atheist and to my own shock realized I re-invented the wheel and came to the same understanding as Buddhist have. Its
why I basically very content. I think the correct meds elimnated the medition requirement to. I think the high theta wave activity from ADHD is as much as a typical medition will produce anyway.

kelroy77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2007, 11:04 pm

Look here Ken, I think you need to reconsider this whole relationship thing. See, relationships lead to marriage and marriage my friend can be Hell on earth. Once married, you can look forward to the following:
1) zero privacy
2) once a year luke-warm sex
3) the loss of your manhood
:) I'm only partly being serious and just trying to lighten the mood. It's not all bad. But the point is, there are ups and downs to being single as well as being in a relationship. The grass is always greener and all that. Enjoy whatever you have now.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 11:11 pm

andy1976uk wrote:

Gotta agree though, the only path to happiness is pretty much completely telling yourself you don't give a f--- and actually meaning it. I look at myself, understand why I'm single, and understand that its unrealistic that I'm going to find much of anything as long as I am *who* I am. Yeah life is short and its supposedly a one-time but I look at how many people's lives and potentials are stifled horribly by society, health conditions, or even just life circumstances that lead em straight down the gutter and I realize that its really not that big a deal if you can't have or be all the things you dreamed of as a kid or in your younger adult years.

My advice for Ken - stay single, seriously. If you think about it and you think about genetics - would you really want to bring someone else into this world who'll have a great chance of being a lot like you and having to live his/her life from day 1 and feel all the things you felt as a kid, go through all the things that probably crushed you back then which you'd never want to revisit, and have to grow up with the same kind of bitterness that a lot of aspies do? I'm almost glad that women have this sort of eugenic radar in their heads because I really think it'll save me from myself.

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 11:12 pm

Sleep can make a big difference. Get some sleep and read these posts very carefully when you wake up. All these people have said something supportive to you and expect to see you back in the forums ASAP. F*** I wish I'd had that kinda support when I'd been down, instead of going to my "parents" and being told, "well, there's nothing really we can do for you....", evil asswipes.