Moving in Together...........

Page 2 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:19 pm

Venger wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What's the issue with the toilet seat thing? Is this some silly American thing or what? I have never heard of such trivial thing being a problem between couples over here nor I have even witnessed with my parents nor with my grandparents I have lived with for a short while nor with any close relative couples I know. Are your ladies incapable of seeing the toilet seat before sitting on it? :-/ When I go to WC I simply lift the seat up if it's closed, it's simple.

ikr, It literally takes chicks a half-second to put the seat down. I guess that's too time-consuming. lol

When I need to poop I put the seat down, I don't make it an issue against anyone sharing the house, seriously what the f**k is that? I am still shocked after googling the "issue" and seeing it how much a common couple issue in the west, I am not believing my eyes.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:25 pm

oops double post/

Last edited by Geekonychus on 03 Dec 2013, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:27 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I'm a firm believer that if you can't remember to put the toilet seat down, then you don't deserve the privilege of peeing standing up in the first place

If you are that egalitarian, then why she wouldn't be more considerate of YOUR pissing needs and return the seat up? TROLOLOLOL - I am not kidding tho, I am serious, this is totally ridiculous.

What needs? I don't NEED to stand up to piss. Nobody does.

.........Nor do you need to be a woman to fall into the toilet at 3am because your roommate didn't bother to put the seat down. :x

Last edited by Geekonychus on 03 Dec 2013, 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:30 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I'm a firm believer that if you can't remember to put the toilet seat down, then you don't deserve the privilege of peeing standing up in the first place

If you are that egalitarian, then why she wouldn't be more considerate of YOUR pissing needs and return the seat up? TROLOLOLOL - I am not kidding tho, I am serious, this is totally ridiculous.

Quote:
What needs? I don't NEED to stand up to piss. Nobody does.

.........Nor do you need to be a woman to fall into the toilet at 3am because your roommate didn't bother to put the seat down. :x
[/quote]

Electricity solves this problem.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:34 pm

I have just called mom (It's 11:31 PM here) and asked her: "Mom, was the toilet seat ever been an issue in your over 30 years of marriage?"

Mom: "Sweety, are you drinking?"

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm

I don't have a problem with a toilet seat being left up..I prefer the lid down anyway. What I have a problem with is when the guy doesn't bother to lift the seat up before he pees standing up - so you sit down on a seat wet with his pee - that would really piss me off. pun intended.

I have once or twice 'fallen in' when trying to use the toilet in the middle of the night when not quite fully awake which is why I have instituted the lid down at all times policy. Plus, cats drink out of the toilet otherwise which is totally gross.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 4:57 pm

leafplant wrote:
I don't have a problem with a toilet seat being left up..I prefer the lid down anyway. What I have a problem with is when the guy doesn't bother to lift the seat up before he pees standing up - so you sit down on a seat wet with his pee - that would really piss me off. pun intended.

That makes perfect sense!! ! It's way much worse to sit on a trap of piss than lowering the seat in a half second.

Quote:
I have once or twice 'fallen in' when trying to use the toilet in the middle of the night when not quite fully awake which is why I have instituted the lid down at all times policy. Plus, cats drink out of the toilet otherwise which is totally gross.

I am with the lid before flushing policy for health reasons.

But it's your fault to not notice the seat before sitting on the toilet, you can't throw the blame on your man unless you're really blind but I think you are not.

Seriously if any spouse, man or woman, fights over such trivial, ridiculous and nonsense things then he/she's just a spouse looking for reasons to do a fight.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 6:32 pm

Agree with Boo. I'm one of apparently few men who'd rather have the toilet seat down, but I don't make any fuss if I were to see it up. All I have to do is just put it down. That's all. No drama, no hassles.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 6:42 pm

I was about to say something foreboding and ominous, like if you live with her for enough amount of time she is your wife, but I'd better not. Good luck, and don't treat her like a maid.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:09 pm

Me: Do you know that leaving the toilet seat up is a commom quarrel between couples in the US?

My sister: huh? Why?

When I told her why she laughed and was like "what stupidity is that?"

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

so what do Lebanon couples fight about??

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:21 pm

leafplant wrote:

Jealousy and money are most common reasons.

And leaving dirty socks on the floor.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 7:50 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Jealousy and money are most common reasons.

And leaving dirty socks on the floor.

Don't the guys there complain that they have to put the seat back upright after the woman uses it? :lol:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 10:31 pm

CharityFunDay wrote:
4) Do not go out without her, come back steaming drunk, and attempt to piss in the wardrobe. Unlike what you may see on TV ads, this will not make her laugh and roll her eyes in a 'Silly men!' manner. Trust me on this one.

I got a better one.

A man goes out with his friends. He comes home drunk at 3:00 AM. He quietly walks into the bathroom, does what he needs, tiptoes into the bedroom, and gets into bed, all without waking up his wife. In the morning, she berates him:
"You came back drunk as a skunk again, didn't you?!"
"No, I had a couple of beers, then took a taxi home. I scratched my face pretty bad when I was out, so I went into the bathroom to put a band-aid on it."
"Then why is the band-aid on the mirror?!"

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2013, 12:07 am

I've lived with my girlfriend for nearly 4 years now and we're doing alright I guess.

Here's how it works in my house.

1. Take turns cooking the tea.
2. Both people wash up.
3. Have equal amount of jobs to do around the place.

That's all I've got.