Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

anewman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Dec 2013, 1:29 pm

I don't see any issues with the age difference here, only 3 years. Her apparently lying about her age is of some concern though.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 2:26 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I have to pretend to be a religious extremist to keep people from thinking I'm a creep.

Explain?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 2:28 pm

zacb wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I have to pretend to be a religious extremist to keep people from thinking I'm a creep.

Explain?

If you say you're a religious extremist, they will you think you are saving yourself until marriage, and definitely aren't just looking to get laid.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 2:36 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
zacb wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Explain?

If you say you're a religious extremist, they will you think you are saving yourself until marriage, and definitely aren't just looking to get laid.

I......can think of better ways to go about doing this.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 2:55 pm

TheGoggles wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
zacb wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Explain?

How so?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Dec 2013, 4:04 am

zacb wrote:
So here is what happened:

I saw this cute girl on meetme, so I decided to message her. I was a little playful (been trying to do that more lately), and she responded well. Long story short, she is a month shy of 16, and she said she was 19 on her profile. I just feel weird. I know that Aspies do better with much older or younger mates, but when I saw 1998 on her fb, it made me feel weird. My nephew was born in 2000, so it just made me feel quite odd. But considering no one give me the time of day in the traditional mix (2 years either way), I figure this is the way to go. She seems pretty chill, and not as jaded. IDK. Any thoughts? (I am 19 btw, and 16 is legal where I am).

Nothing to feel creepy about.

I'm also in a similar situation now, although the girl in my case, is 17 (Turning 18 next year), and I just recently turned 21.

As long, as you respect, that she is actually under age, and as long as you don't do any confirmed creepy things, like asking for nude pictures, and anything of that nature, you have nothing to feel creepy about it, and it's perfectly normal, and fine. I don't see why you're getting yourself worked up, it's nothing. Just as long as you have some boundaries, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

Proudly South African <3

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 6:37 pm

TBH you may not want to date a 16yo. Once you are out of high school the chitchat about this or that class becomes absolutely banal. I also suggest you avoid sex. 16yo's have really no idea how to control their emotions and what they think they want and what they actually want are worlds apart.

Children don't think about the consequences of their actions and at 16 you may have a shotgun wielding father to deal with later. If you are really unlucky she could get disowned and be fully your responsibility or just fully f****d and on her own.

RollingPandaArt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Dec 2013, 11:42 pm

17 years ago when I was 22 I dated a 16 yr old for 3.5 years.

I am still paying for the mistake I made. I honestly loved her. I did everything I could for her. I thought the world of her and treated at all times with respect. Still one of the worst mistakes I ever made.

once you cross the 18 barrier .. never go back. It is better to date a girl your age and have her think you immature .. and not go to jail .. than to find a girl you are on equal levels with. The laws are not written with immature men in mind.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:06 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
TheGoggles wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
zacb wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Explain?

How so?

I don't get how it's a sound strategy either. Won't the girl realize something's off when the religious extremist suddenly decides he wants sex?