Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 2:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
Her hanging out with another man is one thing. Her sharing a tent, and even a bed with him is another entirely. It's okay for you to not be okay with that. I don't know many people who would be.

If I were in your position I would assume she is already cheating, end the relationship, and get to work on finding someone new.

I'm sorry to be so blunt about that.

This.

Trust your instincts.

I think that's pretty extreme and ridiculous to assume.

I know plenty of couples that could travel separately with opposite sex travel companions, share tents and beds, and not cheat on their partners.

I wouldn't make this assumption and end an otherwise good relationship.

I'd do as I said before and lay the love on a little thick before she leaves so she keeps you in mind. Then assess things when she returns. women are emotional about sex/love, not so much physical like guys, so she may be the type to never ever have sex with someone she doesn't love. Also, IF she did, chances are her emotions would show it when she returned and acted awkward - then you could bring it up/get it out of her and end int he relationship if she admits to it and it's a relationship ending dealbreaker for you. But to jump the gun and dump her before she even goes on her trip just screams insecure and that you don't trust her, IMO.

thedeath
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I think that's pretty extreme and ridiculous to assume.

I know plenty of couples that could travel separately with opposite sex travel companions, share tents and beds, and not cheat on their partners.

I wouldn't make this assumption and end an otherwise good relationship.

I'd do as I said before and lay the love on a little thick before she leaves so she keeps you in mind. Then assess things when she returns. women are emotional about sex/love, not so much physical like guys, so she may be the type to never ever have sex with someone she doesn't love. Also, IF she did, chances are her emotions would show it when she returned and acted awkward - then you could bring it up/get it out of her and end int he relationship if she admits to it and it's a relationship ending dealbreaker for you. But to jump the gun and dump her before she even goes on her trip just screams insecure and that you don't trust her, IMO.

Well, her trip has already started. And yes, I am insecure, but I would never end the relationship just because I assume something. I don't think she'd cheat on me, but it still hurts my feeling if she shares a bed with another guy without at least asking me if I'm comfortable with it, knowing that she wouldn't want me to do it either.
I can't help it, it makes me depressed...

I guess that communicating with her is really all I can do right now, that's true...