What do you feel in relationships?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:40 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
RikkiK wrote:
yep, that sounds about right. oh, it's probably worth mentioning that he has ASD and I'm long suspected/soon to be evaluated. In fact, this may be why I'm so connected on things. He just gets it. I don't have to justify ways that I am or how I feel about some things like I must with others.

You know, I recently met a guy with aspergers. He´s two years older than me and we connect pretty OK on an intellectual level. I feel like he gets a lot of my quircks, we have a lot in common, he gets what I am saying when I am taking about aspie related problems. But what I miss is a deep emotional bond. I don't long for him or anything.
When I tell him an emotional story he doesn't quite ask the right questions. He touches me sometimes, but he doesn't take the initiative to get closer to me. He doesn't ask me about my day when I come to see him.
Basically he just can't soothe me or something. And that's why I don't feel emotionally connected to him.

I feel awful because I long for connection deep in my tiny little heart.

I'm sorry to hear that Cafe. Is this the guy you were freaking out over with the first date thing?