[OkCupid]Do most WP users hate other WP users?

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 9:48 pm

For some reason I've always been aggressive towards internet people. I really have no idea why. Something wrong with me most likely.

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2014, 9:55 pm

I haven't been on here frequently enough for someone to hate me. But if anyone does dislike/hate me I'll just stay: Screw you guuuys....I am going home. Lol

But really, all you gotta do is private message me and we can talk it out. Even become email friends or something.

Knight seems just right around the corner in my dreams...

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 9:58 pm

Seems to be the story everywhere on the internet. If you get 20 or so comments or responses, and 3 of them are rude or hateful, those 3 will be the ones you remember. Its not about the majority of people hating, its about the fact that the few haters are the loudest and most memorable.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:49 pm

I wouldn't say I hate anyone, more that I have very low opinions of a number of people. This site is very effective at debunking the delusion that all aspies are awkward geniuses...

- Rick Sanchez

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 11:02 pm

I don't hate anyone. I hate the word "hate." There are people and ideologies I do not understand, which frustrate me, but I have no ill will or animosity for anyone. I look at differences in ideology as having just as much to do with brain chemistry as I do AS itself. Unlike those on the other side of the ideological spectrum though, I do not view people who have different political or religious views as me as having "brain disease" which is causing the differences. The mentality that would drive someone to say that a particular political ideology is a "brain disease," as itself being a symptom of some mental disorder, not having to do with politics at all.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:11 am

Hate the hater love the lover.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:17 am

I've never really hated anybody, so I certainly don't hate anyone here. The loudest statists I wouldn't do any favors for, but that's not the same as hating them.

I'm sure I have the capacity to hate; I'll just reserve it for anybody who maliciously harms or directly threatens my wife or children.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 3:09 am

luanqibazao wrote:
I've never really hated anybody, so I certainly don't hate anyone here. The loudest statists I wouldn't do any favors for, but that's not the same as hating them.

I'm sure I have the capacity to hate; I'll just reserve it for anybody who maliciously harms or directly threatens my wife or children.

It is said that hate is the opposite of love, or when love turns sour. If that is true, to hate someone, you have to have loved them first. Then, probably when people say things like I hate Hitler, what they really mean is that they are terrified, appalled and disgusted by what he had done.

Hate is the strongest emotion a person can feel I think, even stronger than anger because it is enduring, no ceasing, ever present and cannot be easily overcome. So it's best not to commit oneself to that much emotional investment unless you really care about that person.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Mar 2014, 3:35 am

leafplant wrote:
luanqibazao wrote:

It is said that hate is the opposite of love, or when love turns sour. If that is true, to hate someone, you have to have loved them first. Then, probably when people say things like I hate Hitler, what they really mean is that they are terrified, appalled and disgusted by what he had done.

Hate is the strongest emotion a person can feel I think, even stronger than anger because it is enduring, no ceasing, ever present and cannot be easily overcome. So it's best not to commit oneself to that much emotional investment unless you really care about that person.
I was taught in Religion class in my Catholic high-school that hate & love are not opposites. Apathy is the opposite of hate as well as love sense they are both strong emotions & Apathy is no emotions.

Like luanqibazao I'm sure I have the capacity to hate but reserve it for anybody who maliciously harms or threatens my girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 3:47 am

And, pray, tell, what were you taught about guilt in your Catholic class? :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Mar 2014, 3:54 am

leafplant wrote:
And, pray, tell, what were you taught about guilt in your Catholic class? :roll:
I don't remember being taught anything about it

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 4:03 am

nick007 wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Interesting. You'd have thought that would be something very important to be taught about, wouldn't you, seen as people feel guilty far more often than they feel hate or apathy?

Anyway this is not PPR, so whatevs.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 4:17 am

leafplant wrote:
nick007 wrote:
leafplant wrote:

Interesting. You'd have thought that would be something very important to be taught about, wouldn't you, seen as people feel guilty far more often than they feel hate or apathy?

Anyway this is not PPR, so whatevs.

She is right.

Please stop derailing my survey.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 5:25 am

I get exasperated sometimes, but not hate.

I'm sure I tick off a lot of people with my constant threads about my footy player though. Probably are some people who hate me here, I tend to step on toes a lot.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

I don't hate anyone here,maybe some hate me,I dunno.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 12:59 pm

Some WP users hate other individual WP users.

But I dont think that most WP users hate most WP users.