Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

I can totally relate. I don't want sex unless it is with someone I truly love. The only sex I have had is because "everyone else is doing it." Basically, it was with women I did not like, respect, or love. The physical act felt great but the emotions that came with it were horrible (because I led them on just to get sex). I have gone through a phase where I have been disgusted by sex because of my past sexual experiences (which were unfulfilling). Right now I have a more complex view of sexuality. If I just want sex and someone to hang out with, I need to be up front about it. There is nothing wrong with that. If I want a love relationship, I need to be extremely careful how I treat my potential partner. I need to actually "love" her. I hate the term "making love". It is BS. Sex does not make love. It does tie you to a person you do not love if you are not careful. I want to have sex as a form of affection with someone I love, but that is not the only kind of sex I can have. I guess what I am saying is that sex and love are two totally separate things, and it is best to keep them separate in your mind. When in a sexual relationship, hopefully both you and your partner are on the same page about whether it is also a love relationship. That is what I think right now, and I know it will change in the future when I get more life experience.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2014, 8:35 pm

I just learned in health class today that relationships without sex are called platonic. Nothing wrong with that either, but it might get a little boring after a while.