Not entirely sure I WANT a permanent relationship...

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 7:54 pm

I concur with all the introvert aspies here. Would be nice to be in a LTR with a female but not have the social expectations of a "normal" relationship-- expected to show up to her social functions and vice-versa. I loathe social functions on my own, it would be hell having to double the frequency.

I don't know about other introverted aspies, but I can spend a lot of time one on one with people I have an affinity for (almost an extra obsession). What I can't take though is spending time with said person around other people, for some reason I just fall apart in groups (even small ones like two others and myself).

I'm very high functioning on my own (at least I think I am) but melt into almost classic autism around groups of people (mutism, stimming, staring into space). I find relationships increase the expectation of socializing in a group format so that's my main reluctance at pursuing them.

Webalina
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm

ripped wrote:
Webalina wrote:
All my life I was thinking that I wanted a man of my very own ...
...But I started thinking about what being in an exclusive relationship entails ...
... I'm really not sure that I'm cut out for all that.

Is it possible to be in a relationship with someone without all that being an issue?

Can't you have sex with someone without being in a relationship?

I guess it's possible, but highly unlikely for me. I've never slept with anyone I hadn't known for at least 6 months. I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth. My dating history is extremely limited -- I can count on both hands the number of men I've been out with. And the men I had LTRs with (only three) were my friends who became my lovers.

Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 4:22 pm

I wrote about this a while back. Separate abode, mutually independent, etc.