Longest a failed romance has #$%ed you up?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 5:55 pm

met her in august of 2011, i became a limerent in march of the following year and it's only gotten worse from there.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 11:33 pm

One thing I would say is that certain people, for whatever reasons, really get under your skin. That is that the attraction is unusually strong. With those I have had lingering feelings last years. With most however, it doesn't take much time getting over.

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

01 Sep 2014, 4:06 am

First disappointment in HS. I was 16-17. Went out with a girl for 2 weeks. She let me go because I was "too nice and she didn't deserve me". I said, WTF. Pondered over it a few days then left it alone.

First serious GF when I was 19. She was 25. Bisexual. Looking back on the events I put up with I was dumb. Even though she dressed like a dyke, she had an incredible body. Deceiving boobs and a soft ass. Looked like Mya the singer. She was feeding me the "I'm gonna change my life" BS. She ended up dissing me for a girl. She was white. She called me on the phone that day. Never answered. Last I heard, she got preggo, and cracked out on pills now.

First "real" relationship. I learned a lot about myself. She was 19 I was 21. She was 6'1". Kind of a BBW. It was her mind I was attracted to. But her under-confidence and passivity turned me off. I wasn't physically attracted to her. Rather than playing with her feelings I broke it off after a year. Never cried about it.

Another girl I dated. Didn't have a mind of her own. Left me for guy who had a car. "Accidentally" gave him a BJ. I left her stupid ass alone. She said, "you're the realist guy I've been with I don't think I should've left you." I said, "ya think?"

Another girl I got more invested into. A couple months we went in. She was a habitual liar. Took me a little bit to get over that but I left it alone.

The last one I think she was just stringing me on. She loved the way I treated her but didn't like me for me. She was dangling herself near me. I tried hard but it didn't matter. I got fed up and finally told her, "f**k you I do not need you. f**k you."
Come to find out she already had blueprints on how to break up with me and keep me in the orbit as her leftovers. I cut all contact from her. I see her in person but never say a word.

Over the years I have done FWB or was just a straight up manwhore. Not proud of everything I did. I don't see myself getting married. I realize the complex and rational person I am. I cannot see myself in another relationship. Not until I am somewhat successful and in my 30s. Maybe life gets hella different by then.

Knight seems just right around the corner in my dreams...

Shaded
Toucan
Toucan

01 Sep 2014, 4:12 am

Oh, and I'd say the last relationship effed me up. Because I thought she was really into me. But comes to find out she was just using my kindness and such for a crutch. Then she went back to her ex as well. After that I lost some respect for women as a whole. Not gonna lie. When I was 14-21, I thought highly of women. Was the Prince Charming type. That has escaped me so long ago.

Knight seems just right around the corner in my dreams...

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

Had a crush on a girl during college (3 years). It took almost 10 years to get other.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

Shaded wrote:

Another girl I dated. Didn't have a mind of her own. Left me for guy who had a car. "Accidentally" gave him a BJ. I left her stupid ass alone. She said, "you're the realist guy I've been with I don't think I should've left you." I said, "ya think?"

I remember being involved with someone who "accidentally" slept with another person. They asked me a year later "why did you delete me off Facebook?"

Habitual liars are the type noone wins with which is probably a very obvious statement.

Quote:
The last one I think she was just stringing me on. She loved the way I treated her but didn't like me for me. She was dangling herself near me. I tried hard but it didn't matter. I got fed up and finally told her, "f**k you I do not need you. f**k you."
Come to find out she already had blueprints on how to break up with me and keep me in the orbit as her leftovers. I cut all contact from her. I see her in person but never say a word.

People that expect you to be nice to them hate it when you say nothing to them. Love it. The ones that played this game on me really got nasty with me when i told them no. They didn't like the ego bruising and some of the comments I heard was "you selfish as*hole." Umm yeah,, because dumping me for the ex-boyfriend and hoping I would be around when he "wasn't available" made me the selfish one lol.

My favourite part is that these kind of girls almost always know by some sixth sense when you are dating a new person. They may even try and lure you away just to say "yeah, I'm no longer interested in you" if they succeed.

ypi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2014, 6:15 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
One thing I would say is that certain people, for whatever reasons, really get under your skin. That is that the attraction is unusually strong. With those I have had lingering feelings last years. With most however, it doesn't take much time getting over.

This. One year ago, someone "got under my skin". As much as I try to be rational and move on, I just can't. I even created a topic to get some help. It did help, but it's still here :(
I'm a bit scared cause I end up being very picky and hardly feel attracted, so this may last quite a while. I'm not in a rush tho, never dated anyone (lol) but I also don't want to feel bad.