Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
guzzle wrote:
Cars are an extension of the Ego the way I see it. Which is why you want to be on the picture with your car. Because it is part of you.

Wait a minute, so you're saying ego is a good thing :??
guzzle wrote:
I would post a picture of my car. And a picture of me.

Maybe that would be OK. I was just reluctant to post my car by itself because I didn't want it to look like I was boasting about it. I just wanted it to look like a picture of me that just happened to have my car in the background. But maybe it would be more honest if I took a photo that explicitly showed my car by itself.

guzzle wrote:
But very unlikely I would use a picture of me with my car as my car is a tool to me and not an extension of me if you get what I mean. So the only time I would post a picture of me with the car is one where it is being used as a tool (picture me getting a large sofa in the boot of a Berlingo).

Maybe I could get away with standing in front of my car. It's not a commercial vehicle like yours and I bought a car that was larger and more powerful than it needed to be yet also sophisticated as a reflection of my personalty.

Not sure about ego. Good or bad. My Berlingo wasn't a commercial btw. It was a 5-door multispace with sunroof 8) Not the kind I dared open at 120km/hr though as it was only material with a metal frame. Anyway.

I think if your car matters to you then by all means put a picture of it. I used to boast about my berlingo depite it being so gutless I got overtaken by lorries on the motorway. And the time I put petrol in it's diesel engine I got to Dunkirk from Bruges (a good 100 km) before it packed up. I called my mechanic whom explained some fuel physics and after cooling the engine down I actually managed to drive it back home (another 100km). Was my pride and joy.
Got a Modus now, I hate the bloody thing, it's a granny mobile but it was a compromise with mr guzzle and the brakes on it are better I have to admit :evil: .

I went through a fase of lonely hearts columns in my mid-twenties. I remember trying to stand out because every advert was so similar. Lived in London at the time and eventually advertised in TimeOut in the end in a totally off-beat manner and got lots of replies. I never mentioned work because I was in a dead-end job too at the time being a motorcycle courier. It never got me Mr. Right though so I gave up after 2 or 3 short encounters. Took another 10 years or so to find the one and we're more than 10 years down the line again now.

Maybe an idea is to represent your interests in pictures and keep the rest simple and sort of vague. Don't be afraid for your advert to be totally different from the rest. It might even get the attention of women whom wouldn't give it a second thought if it is similar tot the rest.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2014, 10:23 pm

guzzle wrote:
I never mentioned work because I was in a dead-end job too at the time being a motorcycle courier.

Nowadays that would probably appeal to the hipster crowd. Or better yet, a bicycle courier (bonus points if you have a fixed gear bike). Then again a lot of girls say they want a tattooed bearded motorcyclist for some reason.
guzzle wrote:
Maybe an idea is to represent your interests in pictures and keep the rest simple and sort of vague. Don't be afraid for your advert to be totally different from the rest. It might even get the attention of women whom wouldn't give it a second thought if it is similar tot the rest.

I'll try that.