My Girlfriend: Lying or just being normal?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:04 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
How do people determine their date of anniversary? ...Or do I start counting the day we got exclusive?...
I think most people would go by this rule. Unless in two or more relationships officially recognized as "polyamorous", then you could have anniversaries with all those people.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 7:10 am

CaptanPolarBear wrote:
...But even if she has several screws loose in her brain, I will still love her.
I think the OP should stay in his relationship for as long as it lasts. He's happy and leaving his GF will make him miserable. I don't think it's that unusual for her to sometimes confuse fantasy with reality, especially as she seems able to talk about it.

How many on this board would want somebody to dump them on the grounds they had a screw loose?

DeeDee327
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Dec 2014, 9:38 am

CaptanPolarBear wrote:
Ok, folks. Since the main reason for this post has been pretty much settled off-screen. There really isn't any more need.

Feel free to debate and such, But after spending time with her today. I will not stop loving her, So what if she might be totally nuts? With her I feel like I have a reason to be on this planet for the first time in a really long time. Plus, perhaps I can be a sort of "Teacher" to her. As stated above I can apply "Filters" to the world much better than she can, and I can tell her, "Look its alright to have imaginary friends, I think by having a conversation between fake people and myself all the time. But there are moments were thats not going to fly in the real realm."

So yeah, You can debate among yourselves and even offer some advice. But even if she has several screws loose in her brain, I will still love her.

well I am thinking that the fact she told you about the imaginary friends, shows that she WANTED to talk about it and get it in the open. Thats a good thing. I am not sure why she wouldn't have just come out and said that to begin with though. Maybe she wasn't sure how you would take it.
It is OK I think to have imaginary friends (I used to give trees names and talk to them when I was younger-lol, and still every now and then talk out loud to myself). I think it's great that you are there for eachother though, congrats! :-)