Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

specialsauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 3:50 am

I think I've been blocked by every girl on there. Most of the time I get a match and as soon as I go to check who it is, she's already unmatched me before I can say a word. The rest of the time it's just a spammer or troll.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 7:57 am

specialsauce wrote:
I think I've been blocked by every girl on there. Most of the time I get a match and as soon as I go to check who it is, she's already unmatched me before I can say a word. The rest of the time it's just a spammer or troll.

Why would they block you if you haven't really interacted with them before or reacted to something they did?

specialsauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 8:02 am

I don't know but it happens a lot. I think they swipe right on loads of guys then when they get the matches, they go through and remove the ones they don't actually like the look of.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 8:37 am

Is it some sort of bait and switch where they want to see if you're into them or not and then decide how they treat you?

specialsauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 8:56 am

I guess so.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2015, 11:48 pm

I don't know how useful Tinder is because a lot of people, at least where I live, use it just for the sake of trolling it or using it as a social experiment. Trolling it is hilarious and it can be fun to make up with ridiculous pick up lines and see what other people come up with. Most of my friends and I that use it are just dumb college kids messing around, so maybe your luck would be better and you can reduce the trolls by being around fewer college students.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2015, 1:08 am

I've heard of Tinder, to me it sounds like a good way to get STDs. I don't get why people are willing to meet up with complete strangers for casual sex with all the risks involved...

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2015, 3:57 am

NYAspie wrote:
Just last night/early this AM, I was out with a group of old friends from high school. While we were at a bar, one of them decided to have some fun with the Tinder app on his iPhone.

For those of you who are unaware of what Tinder is, it is a dating app where you can look at a woman's picture and a swipe determine whether you are interested in them. I saw this app in action, and a rather "humorous" chat took place whereupon I was asked for "clean" jokes. I was also invited to download the app for my sake.

And that's where we get into the meat of this discussion. It's one thing to like somebody on that app, but chatting them up in an attempt to get a date out of them could be a real challenge for Aspies like me. What sayeth the forum? Should I even bother to go ahead with it?

I have given up on Tinder. I used it for a week and so far the only girls that have responded are ones that wants you to go on some website with your credit card info. I pretty much think it's a scam.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 12:19 am

I've been using Tinder for about a week now, and the place is mostly weirdos sending me messages about how sexy or gorgeous I am. I usually ignore those, but I talk to people that I can easily troll or those who actually can have a real conversation. I've actually met this guy on there that I've had a lot of fun talking to and he goes to my University. I have yet to meet him, but I haven't been talking to him for that long either.

Maybe this will be a change from the last guy who I've been seeing since September, but he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. He's also too "busy" to hang out so I don't even try anymore. I'm done with him, but I don't know if I should tell him or if he'll take the hint. If he gets mad about me seeing other guys though, that's entirely his loss, and at least I won't get to hear him brag about how many girls he's slept with. This guy was great to hang out with, but I'm not waiting for him. Hopefully this new guy is different, but I will have to wait and see after dealing with every breed of douchebag in the 4 years I've been dating.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 12:26 am

Really?

I say hi to someone and before I could say anything else I was deleted. Everyone else who responds are not real at all.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 12:36 pm

taiwanluthiers wrote:
Really?

I say hi to someone and before I could say anything else I was deleted. Everyone else who responds are not real at all.

Hmmm...What age group are you looking at? I'm a college student, so most of the people I talk to on there are college students or recent grads. If you're looking for people way outside your age range that me be part of it.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 12:43 pm

No, I'm looking at anyone from 18-40 years old, so I don't think age range is an issue. Also I live really close to a university so there are bound to be lots of college students around. I just had no luck with it at all. Either people unmatch me before I can say anything, or will tell me to go to some site to enter my credit card info, and when I won't do that they unmatch me as well.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 9:50 pm

Your profile says you're 45. If this is true, messaging college students might be strange for some. I don't want to be hit on by guys that could be my father. Just being honest here. Tinder is more of site for young adults I think. I'm guessing there will be more mature people on sites like Match or eHarmony. College students like myself are by no means mature.

taiwanluthiers
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Feb 2015, 9:53 pm

I'm not 45, I think the profile is somehow wrong.

I'm just early 30's.

domanticus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

roteiro wrote:
Hi there! Very interesting thread indeed. I am new to online dating. I've even using OKCupid, Tinder, etc. My friend recommended me IrinaDating I have not used it yet, but he says that it is a very reliable website with scam-free policy on it. Has anyone tried it?

Irina dating sounds like one of those mail order bride sites from just looking at the webpage.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 12:19 am

taiwanluthiers wrote:
I'm not 45, I think the profile is somehow wrong.

I'm just early 30's.

Oops I apologize. My profile says the wrong age too, but my age on the forums is correct. Must be some glitch. I don't know why people would unmatch you just by saying hi. I get weirdos who message me stuff like "hey sexy" or "you're gorgeous" or something dumb like that. I've also had some of them ask if they want to hang out on the first message, and even that is too much for me. The people that I like to continue to talk to, are the ones that are actually interested in getting to know me rather then just using the pretend flattery. Just start with a casual conversation.

It also takes a while to filter out all the trolls and weirdos too. I got about 100 matches in my 1st week on there. Most of them didn't message me, but most who did were either drunk, high, or looking for hook ups. Looking at their bio can help weed out strange people too.