Too much love will kill you, just as sure as none at all

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 10:46 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
I don't need love.

You have my envy. All of the data and information that can be gained from observing one of the most illogical things is simply..fascinating to me for whatever reason, suppose I'm just curious like that :o

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2015, 11:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Commander wrote:
Fnord wrote:
^^^Translation: "I'm a nice guy without a girlfriend. People are dishonest. My standards are not met by those around me. I may never know true love. I hope you understand."
Rather spot on translation you have there. I tend to forget normal conversation with my limited interactions these days. If all else fails you should consider being a translator for the intellectually advanced yet socially poor
I work with other engineers, and I've often had to translate their instructions into common English for ordinary users. "Toggle SW1 to the upper position to start the initialization process" becomes "Set the power switch to 'ON'", for example.

Back to the topic ... We get a lot of "Nice Guy sans Girlfirend" posts. Yours is not the first. What they all seem to have in common is that the writers all seem to have higher expectations than what their social skills (and their finances) will support. I suggest setting your sights on those women who might not be your first choice to approach -- the mousy librarians instead of the hot cheerleaders, for instance.

You might be pleasantly surprised; many 'ordinary' women are more beautiful (once you get to know them) than the 'pretty' women most men are attracted to.

Lowering your standards by approaching "ordinary" women isn't gonna help either. Women aren't that dense, kiddo. They can tell when a desperate guy is hitting on them because they think he's an easy catch and they will be quick to shoot him down with rejection and add insult to injury by pointing out that he's desperate. And even not-so-pretty women(including those that many think are ugly) have standards of their own and aren't going to date a nice guy(TM) just because he pretends to like them.

What these guys need to do first and foremost is find women who actually attracted to them. THEN they can take their pick. It almost sounds as if Commander, the OPoster, is giving an overly verbose, pretentious spoof of "nice guys".

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2015, 11:43 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
I don't need love.

Haha me neither:

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 2:48 am

Fnord wrote:
Commander wrote:
Fnord wrote:
^^^Translation: "I'm a nice guy without a girlfriend. People are dishonest. My standards are not met by those around me. I may never know true love. I hope you understand."
Rather spot on translation you have there. I tend to forget normal conversation with my limited interactions these days. If all else fails you should consider being a translator for the intellectually advanced yet socially poor
I work with other engineers, and I've often had to translate their instructions into common English for ordinary users. "Toggle SW1 to the upper position to start the initialization process" becomes "Set the power switch to 'ON'", for example.

Back to the topic ... We get a lot of "Nice Guy sans Girlfirend" posts. Yours is not the first. What they all seem to have in common is that the writers all seem to have higher expectations than what their social skills (and their finances) will support. I suggest setting your sights on those women who might not be your first choice to approach -- the mousy librarians instead of the hot cheerleaders, for instance.

You might be pleasantly surprised; many 'ordinary' women are more beautiful (once you get to know them) than the 'pretty' women most men are attracted to.

Lowering your standards does nothing.

If anything, it sets you up to settle for less and go for 'undesirable' women who can only result in bad relationships - criminals, low-lifes, etc.

You can't just aim lower every time you fail, you need learn from your mistakes to improve YOURSELF so that you can aim higher.

Most aspies are rock-bottom anyway - complete and total social outcasts. We kind of can't aim lower when we ARE the lowest. Throughout high school I have been a complete and total outcast. There's no chance when you are one.

I went after all kinds of girls, from the popular social types to the shy, awkward introverts. Lower social status than all of them...

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:21 am

Outrider wrote:

Lowering your standards does nothing.

If anything, it sets you up to settle for less and go for 'undesirable' women who can only result in bad relationships - criminals, low-lifes, etc.

You can't just aim lower every time you fail, you need learn from your mistakes to improve YOURSELF so that you can aim higher.

Most aspies are rock-bottom anyway - complete and total social outcasts. We kind of can't aim lower when we ARE the lowest. Throughout high school I have been a complete and total outcast. There's no chance when you are one.

I went after all kinds of girls, from the popular social types to the shy, awkward introverts. Lower social status than all of them...

Being a total social outcast is rather fun, at least for myself anyways. Can sum up my feelings about social status with the simple quote "I don't give a damn". One of the better parts about being an outcast is whenever you fo deal with people they generally want your interaction and it's rather easy to spot people who are faking. Having to overcome many circumstances which were considered hindrances impossible to pass serves as an ever present reminder that few things are impossible. Now if finding someone else to rip my music an fedora was easier, determined to T least find someone else :wink:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:48 am

Being a social outcast doesn't make you "rock-bottom."

People like Einstein were social outcasts; do you believe people regard him as "rock-bottom?"

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Being a social outcast doesn't make you "rock-bottom."

People like Einstein were social outcasts; do you believe people regard him as "rock-bottom?"

See this man understands where I'm coming from, bully! Did you know that some people think that Einstein might have been in the spectrum and possibly an Aspie? Had something, in part, to do with his delayed speech as one sign of it I believe.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:11 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Limerence is a hell of a drug. I used to stay up all night thinking about my crush, and laughing plus smiling the whole day and I couldn't concentrate on anything else and I lost my appetite as well. It was like someone gave me a love potion or something.

It's pretty enjoyable at least.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Then you find out your crush doesn't like you back and on the outside you're like okay no big deal but on the inside you're like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and you're depressed for a couple of days.

Make sure you will never know before getting a crush so simple things like that don't interfere. :wink:

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm

rdos wrote:

Make sure you will never know before getting a crush so simple things like that don't interfere. :wink:

The words of someone who knows better. I tip my hat to you kind patron :)

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm

You're talking about being resigned to die alone, and lowering your standards....at 19 years old.
XD. I'm not saying you shouldn't put thought into it, but do keep in mind you have more time than you ...seem to believe?

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:10 pm

Antharis wrote:
You're talking about being resigned to die alone, and lowering your standards....at 19 years old.
XD. I'm not saying you shouldn't put thought into it, but do keep in mind you have more time than you ...seem to believe?

Hardly any permanent action to be taken here so not like I can't change my mind later. Old mind and too much time make for a mischavious match.

Plus with my usual brand of luck I either hit something big and empty the house out so to say or a fatal case of wrong place wrong time. For a man with a bulk of irony in his life and a wild card streak of luck you'd be surprised what might happen :wink:

As always appreciate the feedback, but hate only one person has cited my queen reference. One of these days there'll be another :o

Antharis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Apr 2015, 4:13 pm

Just take care not to make broad hitting or absolute predictions about things you have no way of knowing. Aspies do that a lot and it may create a self fulfilling prophecy. Stay as objective as possible.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:19 pm

Antharis wrote:
Just take care not to make broad hitting or absolute predictions about things you have no way of knowing. Aspies do that a lot and it may create a self fulfilling prophecy. Stay as objective as possible.

Try my best to keep an open mind, that's part of the reason I made this post so that I might gain some more objective perspective. While I am a bit of a gambling man I do try to keep at least one foot grounded in reality and both hands reaching for the stars.

The only thing I predict are my stories and reruns of things I've already seen. It's tougher than you might think :wink:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 7:25 am

Commander wrote:
rdos wrote:

The words of someone who knows better. I tip my hat to you kind patron :)

:lol:

Might be harder than it appears. You need to select somebody that you don't know and that you cannot easily find the identity of so you are unable to know if they are dating somebody or not. That kind of excludes online dating, just as it excludes using friends or superficial acquaintances.

It gets much better if she also shows some interest in return. Then of course you shouldn't destroy the whole thing by talking to her and getting to know her. At least not until you have gotten tired of the game. :mrgreen:

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:11 am

rdos wrote:

:lol:

Might be harder than it appears. You need to select somebody that you don't know and that you cannot easily find the identity of so you are unable to know if they are dating somebody or not. That kind of excludes online dating, just as it excludes using friends or superficial acquaintances.

It gets much better if she also shows some interest in return. Then of course you shouldn't destroy the whole thing by talking to her and getting to know her. At least not until you have gotten tired of the game. :mrgreen:

With my wild card brand of luck no telling how that would go. Certainly a worthwhile thought, but somewhat hindered since one of my major issues is "social initiative, not sure if that's the proper term or if there even is one, which has hindered me face to face. Hard to tell it here since this doesn't involve the same debilitating stimuli.

Certainly found some very useful perspectives thus far on the matter of this post. Haven't really decided what change in current policy I should have, but it's hardly killing me of suspense
Probably should have done this sooner, but just gonna go ahead and put the link to this threads title reference in so that I might finally have more than one person acknowledge it.
If someone actually clicks the link to the song let me know what you think :o

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:44 pm

At least I think the idea is interesting, and relates to neurodiverse preferences like imaginary relationships and role playing. In the end, what matters most is not if you end up in a traditional relationship (that possibly disintegrates over time), but your own well-being. Unlike traditional dating (and especially online dating), this is a safe approach that has little risk of rejection, and it works even if you are socially awkward and/or unattractive on the dating market. It addresses the aspect that all dating should address, the bonding process, and not superficial similarities in interests and social preferences that dating is about.

You avoid getting rejected by the girls that think they can date many guys at the same time, and have no intention to commit to anybody, but rather live on games. Even if you happen to pick one of them, they have no way of letting you down because you don't make contact with them. It's more or less their horror as ghosting has no effect, and they cannot reject you outright because you have no verbal contact. They probably find it awful that you have a crush on them and that they cannot do anything about it.

Best of all, I think that if you pick a suitable girl, it might very well end up in a long-term relationship if you are lucky. That's because some girls will engage in the process and then will get an attachment to you which makes it a mutual experience. If you get to that point you already have everything you need in place in order to build a long-term relationship even if you know nothing about the other person. And you have selected-out all the gamers, the one's that have no persistence, and the one's that are aggressive and abusive.