Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
^ I don't think it's unfair, for the most part we can't control who we are and aren't attracted to. But it's definitely going to make things difficult.

I'm curious, what does "inexperienced with life" mean? Isn't everyone who is alive experiencing life? Are there particular things you want her to have seen or done? Can you tell if someone is experienced in life before you get to know them? Perhaps you could be attracted to someone before knowing how experienced they are, then discover they are inexperienced, but too late, you are in love, and BAM! There's your equal :)

Inexperienced in life to me means they haven't done much stuff on their own. People who like to stay inside all day and watch Netflix or play video games. People who are very wholesome and into following the rules.

So...you want to meet a "bad boy" type (except it would be a girl)? A rebel who gets high, or something like that? You dont like "wholesome".

Pretty much. I want someone who is closer to the "bad boy" side of the spectrum. Doesn't have to be a stereotype. I've just been attracting too many "wholesome" or overly introverted types. I want to be more attractive to "bad boy" types.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

QuillAlba wrote:
Maybe you are not as interesting as you think you are.

:wink: :jester:

Never said I was interesting:)

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 6:44 pm

I can relate to your struggles, you know that as you've seen my backstory in my other thread, about me being a bit of a bro but the types I'm attracted to not giving bros the time of day...

I'm starting to really think about it and think I just might not be compatible with them anyway, even when I do spend time around them.

I agree with Sweetleaf says, about how someone you may end up with won't fit the exact idea of who you wanted them to be.

But never lower your standards or alter them, you don't have to and it's good to know what you want and what you like. Better than starting to question nearly everything like I have. Cognitive dissonance and identity crisis.

I'm sure there is someone out there that you desire, that would also desire someone like you back.

And, the good thing is, you've already found reasons to justify why they would be attracted to you - I do this as well, to think carefully about what I have to offer in a relationship.

Anyway, the best thing to do is to look the way you want to without sacrificing your integrity or feeling like you're being someone you're not.

So first ask yourself if your change in style is how you genuinely want to look. I've made some alters to my own wardrobe and still so undecided.

Secondly, I'm curious to know why you're going for a pseudo-punk look? Does it make you look a bit more 'alternative' and therefore drive away 'normal' people more often?

I'm wondering if you've tried or would be interested in the 'hipster bisexual/lesbian' look. Now, by this, I mean a female with the 'hipster' look, but one that also clearly looks like she has a preference for women.

This look to me is short, colorfully dyed hair in a sort of punkish style, hipster glasses, band t-shirts, skinny jeans, natural makeup. Maybe spiky-punk jacket or black vest to go with it. Piercings and bracelets optional. Converse shoes or maybe punk boots.

It's the hipster look with a sort of androgynous and punk-rocker edge to it. I see it all the time and they usually do turn out to be bisexual or lesbian.

Tell me what you think of it, and if you've seen the kind of look I'm talking about before.