His brother might be on here.

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 12:35 am

I just spent half an hour watching/listening to some of his videos on his YouTube channel & then reading the wonderful things people say about him in the comments below. His voice is amazing. He's very cute & charismatic. The comments are so on point. All of this is just making me feel.. good. :)

But I'm not going to tell him I was watching more of his vids and being all smitten. Nah.. I mean, he knows I've watched a few of his vids, but I'm just going to let him wonder whether I ever watch any of the other ones or not instead of getting all sappy and annoying about 'em. But wow, his voice & presence! 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 5:27 pm

Soooo I managed to convince him to come for Christmas.. picked him up Christmas eve.. and he's still here now. :) We did the whole gifts and family visits thing, dinner, drinks etc. Everything went just fine. He was all smiles at the gifts I got him. My family behaved themselves! Plenty of laughs & jokes with/about him. Couldn't have gone much better, really.

It's snowing right now and we're having a lazy day so far.. like boozy coffee in bed, lazy lol. And he's sitting on the other side of the bed with his macbook editing his next YouTube video & it's pretty cute. It's the first in a new series he's making with a friend and I sincerely hope it catches on and people <3 it. He's super f*****g modest about his minor celebrity status and that just makes it all the cooler, IMO. It's not like he has a million followers, but, waaaay more than me (zero) & a certain "star quality" that I look forward to seeing SHINE every time he posts something new. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:04 am

Sooo I had my macbook facing me and I played this song he sang the vocals on.
My mom was like am I supposed to recognize this?
OK, so I play a song he sang a cover of.. recognize the voice at all? Same singer, different song.
My mom.. ?? I don't know.. Adam Lambert? but you know me, I don't know singers by name at all..
The second song is still playing so I turn my macbook around so she can see the YouTube video
Mom's jaw drops as she points upstairs where he was.. that's him??
Yep. 8)
Then I played a couple more.

He really is so good. Better than he thinks. Which makes him sound that much nicer to hear. Kinda like beautiful people who are 9's or 10's who are, in part, that highly rated because they don't even think they're 8's. He was a bit embarrassed that I played 4 songs - he could hear upstairs, and I knew he could, but meh. :P

Also, I saw the final uploaded video he edited at my place and it's fun. I hope it catches on and he and his friend have an ever growing following of fans for them doing their thing. 8) Even without a large audience, I hope they just have fun doing it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 9:46 am

Cos it appears like you're talking to yourself, I was gonna put a clip of Shirley Valentine talking to a wall. :mrgreen: Couldn't find it, so found this instead:

(Better if opened in a new window as a bigger screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZZAPp1HhU

It must be amazing to spend time with someone who has a wonderful singing voice. I always admire nice voices, especially singing ones.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:13 am

Aw, what a sweet thread! I'm glad it's going well for you. :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:34 pm

smudge wrote:
Cos it appears like you're talking to yourself, I was gonna put a clip of Shirley Valentine talking to a wall. :mrgreen: Couldn't find it, so found this instead:

(Better if opened in a new window as a bigger screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZZAPp1HhU

It must be amazing to spend time with someone who has a wonderful singing voice. I always admire nice voices, especially singing ones.

Ha.. never seen that clip before.

Oh, it is. It's captivating to hear him sing along to the radio or his playlist here and there when he just starts singing. It makes me just go dead silent and listen to him. Sometimes he catches that and gets a little self conscious so I try not to be so conspicuous about my listening so he'll carry on casually singing. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 10:41 pm

ArielsSong wrote:
Aw, what a sweet thread! I'm glad it's going well for you. :)

Thank you. :)

Yeah, so far so good. Not 100% peeerrrrfect, but so far so good. Our chats have been pretty positive over the last couple days and I look forward to spending more time with him in the future. Maybe by the end of the week, or maybe not until sometime after the new year as I know he has plans with friends for new years. I was kinda hoping we'd go to a new years party together.. but some friend of his is here from out of town & I think he's just wanting to not get tooooo serious right now, and I respect both of those things so we'll ring in the new year separately. All good, though, our chats about spending time together in the new year are very good indicators that things are, well, good.

Still not an official thing, though, and while I'd be okay with it if it was.. I respect the reasons he wants to take things at a slower pace. As long as things continue to go the way the are, I'm more than good with it. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 3:15 pm

We went out for dinner last night. It was nice. The only downer was he was supposed to phone a friend of his after work and then was nearly 4 hours late phoning.. which didn't go over well. :/ So, we agreed if he's made other time commitments to friends he needs to keep them vs. annoy people by ditching them. Hopefully we can maintain a better balance of those things.

The night before was better, though. We went for a few beers with a coworker of mine. Then afterwards we talked for like 3 hours. About all kinds of stuff. Just kinda put it all out there very transparently. Long story short, he's still not ready to put an official label on "us" and I'm okay with it, so we take things day by day and see how things go.

The other most notable part of our conversation is that he had noticed my ASD mannerisms very early on in dating me, even before we went to see "The Accountant," annnnnd he doesn't care. At all. Like he said, he has an autistic brother. That was a very interesting and stress relieving conversation. It pretty much went the best it could have possibly gone.