Veteran

16 May 2007, 12:41 pm

I'm jealous of Peter Pan.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 12:45 pm

Veresae wrote:
Oh, totally...not of individuals (so I don't get jealous in the "Damn it she's hot, I wish I was dating her instead of him!" sort of way)...it's both of them together, because of what they share.

Same thing here. But I'm not jealous in the sense of, when I had a girlfriend, being paranoid of her cheating. I knew her, I trusted her, and therefore didn't feel jealous.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Miranda
Raven
Raven

16 May 2007, 12:45 pm

Beenthere wrote:
I used to get jealous seeing couples together looking so happy, and so much in love...

I occasionally do. It's hard seeing that everywhere I go when I know that I might never feel that way about anyone or want to get married someday. I'd love to get married on day, but I often doubt I'll ever meet someone I'm that close to who feels the same way about me.

I'm in my 20s and have only had one boyfriend, so if that was any indication of the way my future is going to be...

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2007, 10:12 am

I used to, but not anymore. Now I assume they're sleeping around and getting on like bunnies with no sense of restraint or commitment. I'm often tempted to blurt out to them 'Have fun getting herpes', but I don't. I may be cynical, but I can control it and myself. :D

MagmarFire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 May 2007, 8:58 pm

Me, jealous? If I were to say "no" to that, then I'd be a big, fat liar. Fortunately, I just try to shun it, totally disregard its existence, and not dwell on it. I guess you could say that I don't let myself feel it.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 9:24 pm

I have tended to have big problems with feeling insecure..so YES...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:04 pm

I don't get jealous.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

WhatWouldDaveDo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2007, 4:20 am

There's a girl...and we like each other a lot...which is really good. She's NT by the way. I know she's had a past though and even though she tells me (and I believe her) that that part of her life is over, I feel extremely jealous about the experiences she's shared with other people and a part of her life that I will never be involved in (not that I would want to be, I guess...)

I think I try to hide it with moral posturing or just plain disgust, but I think deep down it's definitely jealousy...what do I care if she took drugs or was promiscuous and...erm...experimental many years before I even met her? It tearing me up right now...

I'm very insecure and very paranoid, so jealousy is kind of second nature to me!

MagmarFire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2007, 8:11 pm

I don't know if this will help, but I'll give it a shot.

What do you enjoy that totally captures your mind and makes you forget about everything else that's going on right now? If you have what I'm describing, try reprogramming yourself by enjoying that thing, whatever it may be, to help forget about the jealousy. :wink:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:30 pm

It's funny. Mixed in with the jealousy, for me, is
a good deal of arousal. I'm not a cuckold fetishist
or anything, but I rather get something out of having
a lover tell me her past experience. Sometimes,
the nastier the better - it frees me up to spill
some of my perversions too.

daveyw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2007, 6:32 pm

Jealousy is the strongest emotion I've ever experienced. Followed closely by lust.

Sken
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 May 2007, 11:52 pm

WhatWouldDaveDo wrote:
There's a girl...and we like each other a lot...which is really good. She's NT by the way. I know she's had a past though and even though she tells me (and I believe her) that that part of her life is over, I feel extremely jealous about the experiences she's shared with other people and a part of her life that I will never be involved in (not that I would want to be, I guess...)

I think I try to hide it with moral posturing or just plain disgust, but I think deep down it's definitely jealousy...what do I care if she took drugs or was promiscuous and...erm...experimental many years before I even met her? It tearing me up right now...

I'm very insecure and very paranoid, so jealousy is kind of second nature to me!

ive been like that. its even prevented me from getting INTO relationships.

i just end up thinking of ways to socially engineer the situation to experience it myself. or find another person

it sucks hardcore

right now, im dating an NT (she posts on here) and it has its ups and downs. im super paranoid of the future because of the things i've done in MY past. i know what happens to women with guys that can manipulate situations for their own good because i've done it myself. i learned how to do it and did it for a really long time (i dont have the pride or regret thing that much). so im super paranoid of losing her to someone else.

i see it as motivation to be better though. to be more awesome than any other guy out there so that she wont WANT to be with anyone else. if that fails, the next woman who comes along will see that and wont want to.

its a calculated risk, but its generally "be better than you are". We as aspies have the unique ability to have hyper focus on topics and learn. its just harnessing that to get what we want. Jealousy is something we need to LEARN to focus and learn to eliminate. i personally see it as a virus that needs to be eradicated from my system with forced reassurance from ME not from her or anyone else.

focus on social interaction (preferably not manipulation, but hey.. what works for ya. NTs have done it to me my whole life, ill do it back) and your world will be crazy brilliant.

it increases and enhances your life experience :)

--Sken

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 7:14 am

daveyw wrote:
Jealousy is the strongest emotion I've ever experienced. Followed closely by lust.

Never had love then?

daveyw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2007, 8:38 am

calandale wrote:
daveyw wrote:

Never had love then?

No. I'm 34 and I've been been kissed.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 9:35 am

daveyw wrote:
calandale wrote:
daveyw wrote:

Never had love then?

No. I'm 34 and I've been been kissed.

I wasn't talking about any physical experience.
I meant the emotion itself. Strong as any other
obsession.