Trueno wrote:
^^^ good post DW

Thank you.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2017, 5:16 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You guys are all assuming that weird women would automatically be attracted to weird guys: You are all wrong.

I am sure there were weid male accquaintance guys in the OP's life; there are always weird guys out there in every school, college...

But none were her choice, and the OP didn't even mention the possibility of dating one- it's just you guys who are suggesting that weird guys will like her and assuming that she may want one - (Based on her comment in the other thread, she doesn't find most guys sexy-looking except those who spend many hours in gym to work out).
All that should tell you something about the type of guys she likes.

Guys, stop with the silly wishful ideas. Please.

I've tried dating alternative lifestyle guys who'd by society be considered weird. They had more issues than me lol Sometimes they were violent natured, too. The worse bf i ever had was a computer nerd. He was verbally abusive and used to put his fist in my face. So being weird or nerdy or whatever doesn't mean he'll be nice or even sane.

Also, if i'm willing to put in the time and be physically fit, its not wrong for me to want that in someone else.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2017, 5:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nomoretears: yes, talking about serial killers all the time is considered weird by most and frankly may even be scary - if you want a normal sexy boyfriend, you should pick better topics.
Stop talking about serial killers to them for instance, you know it's weird, so pick less weird random topics.

Normally i do pick better topics. I had a lapse of judgment for sure that time.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 8:03 am

nomoretears wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You guys are all assuming that weird women would automatically be attracted to weird guys: You are all wrong.

I am sure there were weid male accquaintance guys in the OP's life; there are always weird guys out there in every school, college...

But none were her choice, and the OP didn't even mention the possibility of dating one- it's just you guys who are suggesting that weird guys will like her and assuming that she may want one - (Based on her comment in the other thread, she doesn't find most guys sexy-looking except those who spend many hours in gym to work out).

I've tried dating alternative lifestyle guys who'd by society be considered weird. They had more issues than me lol Sometimes they were violent natured, too. The worse bf i ever had was a computer nerd. He was verbally abusive and used to put his fist in my face. So being weird or nerdy or whatever doesn't mean he'll be nice or even sane.

Also, if i'm willing to put in the time and be physically fit, its not wrong for me to want that in someone else.

If you have a history of dating abusive people, i would recommend taking some time to study preliminary abuse behaviors (books, internet, etc all have info). It may not be 100% but anything that can help you be more aware is good. Stay safe <3

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 12:42 pm

nomoretears wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Doesn't mean you're get what you want. Every woman wants a fit guy. Means you I'm competition with billions of women for the very few fit guys. Most people or near half of people are fat, including men. Also fat women want a fit man too and some fit me are fine with dating fat women.

As for the violent guys that sucks but be aware a bunch of fit guys have violent tendencies as they work out and are more part of the manly mindset that says violence can solve anything. I'm working to lose weight. If I get thin I don't imagine I'd date thin women even if they wanted to. Mean thin women are attractive but their attitudes are horrible and thin bodies are great for cuddling and hugs.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2017, 12:57 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
Hi, all. I realized i'm just too weird to date.
I'm introverted, reserved, and I have a lot of interests, some of them are quite strange esp for a female.

I'm still friends with an ex. He was talking about people who have in door pools. Then I started talking about this serial killer with an alleged haunted house with an indoor pool Lol i know. He said,'You're a strange one."

He's gone on to other women. He's told me they are so thoughtful. He said his current squeeze was "such a great conversationalist." Oh, thanks. We've had arguments about him bringing up stuff like this.

He says im immature. He says im not a good housekeeper and not helpful. He acts like doing a few things will magically keep men around. Let's be honest, I will naturally weird men away once they get to know me. The only relationship i ever had that lasted was with an abusive man. He never really knew me and hence stayed with me.

I tried cooking for men. I tried having sex with them when they wanted. I tried 'being myself,' which definitely hasn't worked.

I'm 30. Most of my peers are married. Many have been married for a decade and with their spouse for longer than that.

Maybe i'm just too weird.

I was 35 when I started dating my husband. My sister was 39 when she started dating hers.

Both of us had accepted that we might never marry and had gotten comfortable enjoying our lives on our own, but without shutting ourselves off to the possibilities around us. My sister traveled the globe on her own for a year; I bought a house on my own and built a solid career.

I guess I'm weird in my own way, but my husband and I are a good match. Marriages are about two people who agree to accept each other's quirks and baggage and somehow make a unit that was stronger than either alone. It is a strange thing; it isn't for everyone.

One thing I realized when I started dating my husband was all the ways I had unconsciously avoided serious relationships. I had self-selected incompatible men or done stupid things to sabotage chances with men I really liked because, well, I guess I just wasn't ready. I needed to reach that point of enjoying my life on my own, of being happy with myself and my choices, without wondering when some other person would finally "complete" me.

I don't know where you are in your life's journey or what lies ahead for you, but I encourage you to stop wondering if a man is in your future and build yourself the best life you can. On your own, for you. While you are doing that stay open to the people around you and the possibilities, but don't force anything or worry about it. It is surprising what happens when you are just happy and strong.

I've seen some pretty unusual people meet their person, btw. There are all kinds among school parents. You just never know.

Thanks for your post.
Im aplroaching the acceptance phase, i may never be paired. Usually i find someone after 2 or 3 years, but this time things feel more permanent. I tried so hard in my 20s (esp my early) to get a bf.

At this point i cant handle all the ups and downs and getting dumped all the time. Most women dont get dumped everytime they date.

In my years being single, i became stuck in my ways. If i didnt find a bf in 5, 10 years, hes not gonna put up with that. There are many women who will be outgoing right off the bat. They are also not weird.

When i spemd too much time single, i get ised to my own schedule and being myself.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

nomoretears wrote:
Hi, all. I realized i'm just too weird to date.
I'm introverted, reserved, and I have a lot of interests, some of them are quite strange esp for a female.

I'm still friends with an ex. He was talking about people who have in door pools. Then I started talking about this serial killer with an alleged haunted house with an indoor pool Lol i know. He said,'You're a strange one."

He's gone on to other women. He's told me they are so thoughtful. He said his current squeeze was "such a great conversationalist." Oh, thanks. We've had arguments about him bringing up stuff like this.

He says im immature. He says im not a good housekeeper and not helpful. He acts like doing a few things will magically keep men around. Let's be honest, I will naturally weird men away once they get to know me. The only relationship i ever had that lasted was with an abusive man. He never really knew me and hence stayed with me.

I tried cooking for men. I tried having sex with them when they wanted. I tried 'being myself,' which definitely hasn't worked.

I'm 30. Most of my peers are married. Many have been married for a decade and with their spouse for longer than that.

Maybe i'm just too weird.

That's what my Aspie girlfriend thought before we met.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2017, 1:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Doesn't mean you're get what you want. Every woman wants a fit guy. Means you I'm competition with billions of women for the very few fit guys. Most people or near half of people are fat, including men. Also fat women want a fit man too and some fit me are fine with dating fat women.

As for the violent guys that sucks but be aware a bunch of fit guys have violent tendencies as they work out and are more part of the manly mindset that says violence can solve anything. I'm working to lose weight. If I get thin I don't imagine I'd date thin women even if they wanted to. Mean thin women are attractive but their attitudes are horrible and thin bodies are great for cuddling and hugs.

Im not gonna date a fat guy just bc hes available. If in really into fitness and hes not, that will cause its own problems. If i wanted to, i could easily get a guy from my gym. Im talking to a guy who is a lot like myself, but he lives several hours away which i like.

Honestly, ive had more issues with the less attractive guys. They were mean as well on top of lying for sex.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 5:39 pm

Last edited by sly279 on 05 Sep 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luminifera
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2017, 6:02 pm

Op, if he's talking about how his current gf is soooo much better than you, he's such an as*hole? A decent person just doesn't do this. I don't think he deserves your friendship... (or maybe I'm just a resentful person, haha.)

Don't lose hope, though! You will find someone who likes you for who you are. 30 is super young. <3

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 7:16 pm

nomoretears wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nomoretears wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Im not gonna date a fat guy just bc hes available. If in really into fitness and hes not, that will cause its own problems. If i wanted to, i could easily get a guy from my gym. Im talking to a guy who is a lot like myself, but he lives several hours away which i like.

Honestly, ive had more issues with the less attractive guys. They were mean as well on top of lying for sex.

Well I think its GOOD you want a fit man, as long as you're interested in fitness yourself or at least stay a healthy weight and generally have decent diet habits.

Society is becoming fat and lazy, obesity at all time global high.

There isn't just a few chubby people.here and there, the actual health of humanity as a whole is at risk because of obese parents passing their habits down to their kids.

Keep in mind though to look fit most men have to build muscle and then cut down their body fat to get the cut up look.

Since most women (and men) don't build muscle many of them don't realizee how much hard work it takes. They might think a body that takes 4-6 years takes only 6 months for example.

Its easer to lose weight than to gain muscle. Any bodybuilder who spends years gaining muscle, burning fat, then gaining muscle again, even many of the female ones, will tell you this.

99% of celebrity men with muscle are on steroids and it can take 8-12 years to attain those bodies which the celebrity achieved in only a year or two. some have bodies impossible to achieve at all.

So try to keep your standards reasonable, is all. :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2017, 11:24 pm

How much do you rate your body, OP?

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2017, 12:07 am

luminifera wrote:
Op, if he's talking about how his current gf is soooo much better than you, he's such an as*hole? A decent person just doesn't do this. I don't think he deserves your friendship... (or maybe I'm just a resentful person, haha.)

Don't lose hope, though! You will find someone who likes you for who you are. 30 is super young. <3

Thanks for your post. I think on some level he resents me.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 12:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

She's worried she's too weird to date, but says she can get a guy easily. O.o
I'm too weird to date, doesn't seem she is. I can't get a date no matter how much I try?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 1:32 am

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I'm too weird to date, doesn't seem she is. I can't get a date no matter how much I try?

That's not why I asked that, but she mentioned that she got dumbed a lot, and she said she likes fit guys... so I wonder if there's a relation between the two.

It's because... usually, when an average girl dates a guy who's by far sexier than her (an easy pick for him) - chances are he'll dumb her once he gets the attention of a hotter girl.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2017, 1:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's not why I asked that, but she mentioned that she got dumbed a lot, and she said she likes fit guys... so I wonder if there's a relation between the two.

It's because... usually, when an average girl dates a guy who's by far sexier than her (an easy pick for him) - chances are he'll dumb her once he gets the attention of a hotter girl.

Seems cruel.
Guess dating guys who women dislike would prevent them cheating.
Though there's apparently women out there who enjoy the challenge of getting guys to cheat.