The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hopelessly3 wrote:
Practice convo
video record it
play it back and make notes

repeat.

we used to have to do this to practice job interviews in class.

This is a practice to learn how to be more fake.

Job interviews are fake and total facade and evereyone know that.

If being yourself doesn't get you a partner, then you'll have to be fake. That or just give up.

Damn.... your argument is irrefutable.

I can never tell with you when you're being sarcastic or not. Do you actually believe someone who's gone so long without any luck isn't going to have to make themselves something else?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 4:39 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Hopelessly3 wrote:
Practice convo
video record it
play it back and make notes

repeat.

we used to have to do this to practice job interviews in class.

This is a practice to learn how to be more fake.

Job interviews are fake and total facade and evereyone know that.

If being yourself doesn't get you a partner, then you'll have to be fake. That or just give up.

Damn.... your argument is irrefutable.

I can never tell with you when you're being sarcastic or not. Do you actually believe someone who's gone so long without any luck isn't going to have to make themselves something else?

I wasn’t sarcastic, at least not in that time.

But now? Am I being sarcastic for saying that I wasn’t sarcastic? Who knows.

angela8
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2018, 11:41 am

If there is a girl you like, ask her questions about herself, her hobbies, her interests. Women love attention and when men show an interest in them as people and not simply as sex objects. Of course, a compliment never hurts, like you look lovely or pretty but that can come a bit later after you establish an acquaintance status. :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2018, 1:13 pm

I like what Angela said.

I’d take her advice.

Her words are very much what I’ve experienced from many women of my acquaintance. Most are not radical feminists, or advocates of “barefoot and pregnant.”

They want their equal rights and a fair shake—while being allowed to be women.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2018, 4:48 pm

Unwanted1forever wrote:
Women I need your help I am looking for a relationship but I’m to chicken s**t to start any conversations what can I do or is it pointless

Do you know how to have a conversation? If so, conversations should not be scary.

If you find yourswlf afraid to have a conversation then, chances are, you have poor general audience conversation skills in general and need to brush up on those rather than thinking of it as a difficulty talking to women problem.

You might consider joining a public speaking group like Toastmasters to help you with your communication skills and confidence.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2018, 4:12 pm

No it's not too late and you shouldn't give up but I recommend starting conversations with women that you are not interested in in order to get the hang of it. Do this with, for example, shop assistance who are at least 10 years older than you, so they don't misunderstand. Maybe pre-plan what you are going to say at first. I've worked in shops and as a barmaid and some people hardly speak and some people talk loads so both are normal. Keep it to just hello and thank you if there's a queue though.

Also don't make it you sole purpose in life, it will depress you and you will have nothing interesting to talk to her about if you do meet someone nice.

As to complements, they work by making someone feel good, that positive feeling they then associate with you. For a complement to make someone feel good it needs to be nice but it also NEEDS TO BE BELIEVABLE to the person receiving it, other wise it makes them embarrassed and self-conscious. So pick things to compliment a woman on that are things you genuinely like about them rather than anything over the top. If you have noticed it then they probably have too, and will be really pleased someone has.