Does anyone know of good ways to handle frusteration?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 10:14 am

quite an extreme wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So I am in a relationship and it is good over-all. But I have a hard time handling it when I am frustrated, so I end up kind of taking it out on my boyfriend. I mean it has started to become a bit of an issue in the relationship so I need to try and find a better way of handling it when I get frustrated.

This kind of stuff may kill a relationship. Instead of taking it out on him you should start to talk to him about the things that frustrate you. If he likes you he will help you to take the things a bit easier and get over the proplems.

But what have your problems to do with feminism? Better you keep ill behaviour because of strange ideas out of your relationship. Your boyfriend is your partner not your enemy. And even in USA the women have to care about the children and stay at home for this and try to keep the environment where they live a bit nicer. Men are of different nature and most don't care as much about the home because it's not the same way important for men. It's rather the place to relax only. Men and women are still the same way as in stoneage once it comes to this.

Sweetleaf did not interject feminism into the topic. Boo did. So complain to Boo about derailing the thread if you need to complain about it.

To Sweetleaf:

Just apologize. Revert to cigarettes if your newfangled contraptions fail the next time. And find outlets to take out frustrations on (even certain preactical choirs like beating the dust out of a carpet, or scraping paint off of stuff are good for that), or (as Bea said) just retreat to your own space for a while.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2019, 12:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
“Woman yelling at her man, while the man is putting up to it” is becoming so social norm. It is becoming a so common scenario.

How about to learn to have some respect toward the SO?

When my ex tried the silent treatement once I was like “do this again, and i will break up with you”; and she never did it again. She never yelled at me tho.
Frankly I would not last more than a week with someone treating like the OP to her bf, I would have took her back to her mommy.

Probably a reason why she eventually cheated on me, it could be she wanted a typical man who accepts those stuff and plays along, I know the guy and I know he accept such treatment for the sake of sex.

I refuse that tho.

I don't think you understand the situation. Its not like I am constantly yelling at him and we're always in conflict, usually things are good between us. Its specifically just when I get frustrated and worked up about the frustration sometimes I yell a little.

My goal is to handle my frustration better though.