Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 6:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I’m not tall, but I would date someone shorter than me as would many women. It’s really not THAT unusual. Sure, some women prefer being with a taller guy, but there are a lot of women out there, including many who simply don’t care one way or the other.

I let my eyes decide for me.

Yes, I’ve noticed that.

I’m not saying that it isn’t a preference for some women. However, there are certainly many who don’t care one way or the other. There are a lot of women in the world. Just because a woman is dating a taller man, it doesn’t mean that that’s what she prefers. Men tend to be taller. Maybe she likes who he is as a person. I would have no qualms about dating someone shorter than me, but being 5’4, they’ve always been around my height or (significantly) taller.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 6:58 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Just because a woman is dating a taller man, it doesn’t mean that that’s what she prefers. Men tend to be taller. Maybe she likes who he is as a person. I would have no qualms about dating someone shorter than me, but being 5’4, they’ve always been around my height or (significantly) taller.

meanwhile in the real world, it's not good if you are male and < 5foot9
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 907002814h

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2024, 7:03 pm

I do live in the real world. In my experience, shorter men typically do find partners. It may be more difficult as various other possibilities can be for folks, but it’s not impossible. There are a lot of women out there. Even if as many as 8 or 9 women out of 10 prefer a taller partner, that still leaves a lot of women, including some on this forum, who don’t care one way or the other. There are also those who may prefer taller men but be open to dating someone shorter if he’s nice. There are very petite women who might find shorter heights still tall as well. My point is that it’s by no means hopeless.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 2:01 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
There are very petite women who might find shorter heights still tall as well. My point is that it’s by no means hopeless.

So if you are short king (Lord Farquar) then...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 2:39 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I do live in the real world. In my experience, shorter men typically do find partners. It may be more difficult as various other possibilities can be for folks, but it’s not impossible. There are a lot of women out there. Even if as many as 8 or 9 women out of 10 prefer a taller partner, that still leaves a lot of women, including some on this forum, who don’t care one way or the other. There are also those who may prefer taller men but be open to dating someone shorter if he’s nice. There are very petite women who might find shorter heights still tall as well. My point is that it’s by no means hopeless.

In the real world, there’s a lot of petite women who are exactly like in this meme, I can assure that this is real and not a joke:

A lot of women want, not only taller, but also taller with a certain gap number they put in their heads. So a petite woman wouldn't necessarily accept short men even if they are taller than her still.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 3:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

In the real world, there’s a lot of petite women who are exactly like in this meme, I can assure that this is real and not a joke:

A lot of women want, not only taller, but also taller with a certain gap number they put in their heads. So a petite woman wouldn't necessarily accept short men even if they are taller than her still.

I was waiting for you to show up :lol:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 4:49 am

While I'd love to call out the reductive bs from the usual characters in this thread, I feel I'm on shaky ground here.

I'm 6'1, my partner is 5'4.

I've never really had to seriously think about dating anyone taller than me, it's never come up. I don't think it would bother me, but who knows.

I like to kiss my partner on the stairs where she's a few steps up from me which puts our faces at the same level and brings other squeezable body parts into easy reach. I guess same height couples enjoy that convenience all the time.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:03 am

I just need to say that it's s**t, gaslighty behavior to imply that a woman doesn't live in the real world when she talks about her experience as a woman and what she observes about women and her friends. Nowhere did I say that some women don't have this as a preference. It's also true that the world is a big place and there are plenty who don't give a f**k. I happen to know some of them. Some of y'all need to be a bit more respectful when women voice their opinions and experiences here, especially as they pertain to women.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 11 Sep 2024, 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:30 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

I didn't say that a woman "necessarily" would, but it does work that way sometimes.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:45 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I just need to say that it's s**t, gaslighty behavior to tell women that they don't live in the real world when they talk about their experience as a woman and what they observe about women and their friends. Nowhere did I say that many women don't have this as a preference. It's also true that the world is a big place and there are plenty who don't give a f**k. I happen to know some of them. Some of y'all need to be a bit more respectful when women voice there opinions and experiences here, especially as they pertain to women.

Lol what are you a feminist or something? :roll:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:48 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
I just need to say that it's s**t, gaslighty behavior to tell women that they don't live in the real world when they talk about their experience as a woman and what they observe about women and their friends. Nowhere did I say that many women don't have this as a preference. It's also true that the world is a big place and there are plenty who don't give a f**k. I happen to know some of them. Some of y'all need to be a bit more respectful when women voice there opinions and experiences here, especially as they pertain to women.

what are you a feminist or something?

Yes, I am. Feminism:
Quote:
belief in and advocacy of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes expressed especially through organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/feminism

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 6:51 am

I don't understand this obsession that keeps coming up with generalizing about what women are like and what women want. Even if it were accurate that most women are somehow stuck on requiring a tall partner, it still doesn't apply on an individual basis. Dating is not a numbers game. You only need to find the one person who is right for you, so who cares if most women want this or that.

And by the way, I don't believe it's true that most women need a taller partner. Imagine finding the love of your life and then rejecting him because his height is not what you had envisioned. Many people have all kinds of lists of what superficial attributes they want in a partner, but when they meet the right person those criteria are rightly deemed irrelevant.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 8:04 am

bee33 wrote:
I don't understand this obsession that keeps coming up with generalizing about what women are like and what women want.

The same people can be found in other threads generalising about what men are like and what men want. As here: https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=422529

They're just...not very deep thinkers, it seems. They can't see past their own experience, or can't imagine that other experiences are possible, valid and maybe even commonplace. If it doesn't fit with their limited worldview, if it doesn't divide along the lines of their received dichotomy, it gets rejected. It can't possibly be real. That's why we have endless threads devolving into the same dumb arguments.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Sep 2024, 9:15 am

! Cornflake wrote:
And another thread dies through pollution of "Internet facts", tiresome recycled generalities and some who apparently have no interest in a conversation.

It's going nowhere and has already attracted complaints.
Locked.