Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 12:22 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I would prefer petting, snuggling, and kissing. And sex, when it becomes appropriate (I have yet to reach that point in a relationship).

Tim

The funny thing is, most of my fantasies about women (since I can't actually get women for reasons I explained earlier) are about lying in bed and holding her close... not about sex at all...

To me, sex is just a means to an end, a physicality that may or may not be a part of a romantic relationship (or even some other types of relationship)... the real love comes from the point where those involved are almost one in soul (also applicable to family and friend types of love, as well as romance, it's just that romance may also involve sex as mentioned earlier...)

I was just referring to not doing it on the first date. Sex does not become appropriate in a relationship until the third date, at the very earliest.

Tim

Well, congratulations... you have dating experience...

Okay, so that may come off as a little mean, but I'm not in the greatest of moods, especially considering I can't even get dates to begin with...

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:11 am

cornflower wrote:
If you have AS, what are some things you personally do to show someone you care about that you care about them? Or someone you love that you love them?

Where I am able, I help them meet their needs and wants. Their happiness is vital to my happiness. Where I am unable it generally takes that I let them go on their own path to self destruction, as their needs and wants characterize my self destruction. It wasn't love.

This behavior also mimicks my initial fear response to people I generally dislike or am wary of until I can think through cessation by identifying and pondering my grievances, (sometimes I'm reacting and can't realize that to a conceptual whole during the incoming information-monoprocessing) over weeks or months.
I'm working on this last one.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Last edited by SeaBright on 06 Jan 2008, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:12 am

I don't
:roll:
people don't care...at least those I associate with
love sucks!
plain and simple

Wilco
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2008, 4:51 am

try making her feel special, just think of a romantic situation for her, make it special. show her that you care for her.

Speedy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jan 2008, 12:46 pm

I give stuff, because I have trouble expressing myself the "normal" way. Saying "as you wish", too, but you have to get the reference for it to work...

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Inigo Montoya

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 1:44 pm

I should try that sometime... then I would REALLY be able to identify the nerdy chicks...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Jan 2008, 1:53 pm

oh i usually buy them thier favorite thing in the whole wide world, wich also happens to be my favorite thing.. sportscards :D

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 8:19 pm

I tell him. All the time, in different ways. I leave little love notes for him where he'll find them unexpectedly... slipped into pockets, in his wallet in place of his credit card, tucked inside his flip-phone, in the CD slot of his stereo etc. Hugs, kisses. Passionate love-making. I talk to him all the time; tell him everything and anything. Trust him and make sure he knows it. Listen to him when he needs a rant. Take heed of his advice, and ask for it. Hold his hand. Let him have his space with his friends when he wants it. Make him cups of tea. Buy him little things when I see something I know he'd like. Tell jokes, laugh, clown around. Look into his eyes. 8O Lots of things!!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2008, 9:00 pm

By telling and explaining my emotions to my love or family.

Last edited by JerryHatake on 10 Jan 2008, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolate_kitties
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jan 2008, 4:03 pm

By saying 'I love you', buying chocolate, sharing my chocolate, hugging and generally being nice.

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 4:54 pm

I find I can only really show love by doing things for someone, doing practical things? Otherwise I either don't have the words or I can't make them sound right, even if I believe them.

I write extremely long letters and emails - 1000 words plus - I love to write. But they will never say "I love you" or anything like that. I find it... crass. They normally talk about music and books and a bit about my life.

I also don't do PDA's, I feel like that sort of thing is for teenagers. I don't like watching it.

You'd probably have to be quite sure of yourself to go out with me.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 6:08 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
But they will never say "I love you" or anything like that. I find it... crass.

I can understand not saying "I love you" to someone, but that is more because of my general incapability of making that first step, not because I find it crass... I really would like to be able to say that to any woman (or even just family members) that it would possibly apply to, but I just can't bring myself to ever say those words, and I hate myself more for it because I can't even follow my own principle of being forthright in my endeavors...

Fridge
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jan 2008, 6:20 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I was just referring to not doing it on the first date. Sex does not become appropriate in a relationship until the third date, at the very earliest.
Tim

Wrong.

There is no set appropriate time for sex. It will happen when the time is right, whether that be hours, days months or years into a relationship.

Brian003
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2008, 7:02 pm

I don't think I do.

The only type of person who I would show love to is a girl who I thought was "hot," because if I didn't consider her good looking I probably wouldn't even bother talking to her or saying hi.

This may seem a bit cruel or un-compassionate; but I'm just being honest.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 7:32 pm

lol, that was a question that my ex would ask.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 8:40 pm

How do I show love,
With but a touch, to hold with much warmth,
to care enough to listen to my partner,
to make love with much passion letting her feel
how I feel through my touch and my kiss,
to let her know how I feel about things even if its for her own good,
to take care of her when she is sick or in health,
to bring her wild flowers every day that they can be found.
to forgive her her trespasses as I would wish she would me.
to take care of my share of responsibility's and duty's,
to never become a burden unto her,
to think of her before my self.