Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2008, 2:07 am

If he likes spending lots of time with you then he probably feels the same!

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2008, 6:18 pm

Telly wrote:
He seems to want to spend a lot of time with me. He's also super sweet and thoughtful. I can't stop thinking about him and I don't know what to do. This is complicated.

If he shows signs like most guys, it means even more. You can jusk ask, most AS won't lie about it.

Telly
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2008, 12:14 pm

maybe i'll get up the nerve soon.

angelgirl1224
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 2:40 pm

Well i could be hard because aspie peeps find it hard to show the signs that nts would. i.e. gestures,facial expresions, behavior aroud you etc.
I know i have. thats why its so hard :)
And yea ,,,we do tend to prefer the other person to make first move
I say the only way is to know really, is to tell him that you like him!!
go for it!
good luck!
xxxxxxxxxx

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 10:56 am

I've recently fallen for an aspie myself, I've never met anyone that I can relate to like this. It really sucks that the one person I connect with on this level is so far away. Dammit!! !! ! I want to meet her so badly!! !! !! I love her so much, the though of never seeing her breaks my heart. :cry:

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:16 am

If you've known them for a long while maybe just let them know, if you know what kind of person they are and like them and trust them just let them know and tell them if they don't feel the same that it's ok you still wanna be friends.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:42 pm

I won't go into any details but I have told her. It would really be nice to see her someday but we'll keep in touch whether it happens or not. I have the funds for it to happen, it's just a matter of when or if the right time comes and also when or if she wants to see me. :)

hollybee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2008, 4:31 pm

my boyfriend (as) was useless, I had to make ALL the moves, I practically threw myself at him which could have been embarrassing if he'd not reciprocated my feelings but it was worth it! Good luck.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:43 pm

Thanks! I may just be getting too far ahead of myself. We may meet someday, I'll just have to be patient. If it is meant to happen, it will! If not, we can still chat. :D

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:18 am

Ok, consider my case- my gal fell for ME, to begin with- this was back in July of last year. At the time, I had no idea she was falling for me. I couldn't tell to save my life- everyone at work said she was flirting with me, but she also told me she had a boyfriend( one whom she hated, but that's for another day)- so for me, I thought signals were VERY conflicting.

And as I've never been able to really pick up on those signals- and most people always teased me about those sorts of things- I can flat out tell you....to paraphrase Billy Joel "tell HIM about it!". If you feel a certain way about an Aspie guy, let him know. Be warned- at first, he may not even believe you, as he may've been teased like that his whole life.

Show him signs that you really do want him. What got ME to figure it out was:

1. My girlfriend invited me to the wedding that was GOING to be, between her and her( now) loser ex. I was about to call them, and get a confirmed answer about when it was going to be...and I find that I have a text message, and a voicemail telling me to call her ASAP. She also had apparently called me like 6 times. I started thinking "ok, seriously- who honestly calls a guy SIX TIMES to tell him that her wedding is off...unless what everyone has been telling me this whole time is TRUE, and she really DOES want me?! !! !! !!"

2. We finally set a day to spend time together, and she couldn't STOP hinting to me that she wanted me. Then, my room-mate said "I see chemistry between the two of you". Now let me tell ya- my room-mate is a great guy, but is usually so naive, and can't pick up on social signals to save his life. If HE can pick up on it, I figured "he's probably on to something"

So, the following week, the program she was in ordered her to stay home( the day of her would-have-been wedding), due to the fact that, well, that's when she would've been married. That day, I was at work, and was so concerned about her you wouldn't even believe.

the next day....

I'm awoken by the sound of the doorbell. She SURPRISED ME AT THE DOOR with a Valentine's Day present, with a note asking "will you be my valentine", to which I jumped to "YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !"

She came in, and we talked for about an hour and a half- and right there, flat out, I told her how I felt about her. She and I were on the same page, and we decided we were in the beginning stages of what appeared to be a developing relationship.

A few weeks later, we kissed for the first time, and that sealed it- we've been together ever since.

Sorry I went off on a tangent there...I just get so excited whenever I talk about how my babe and I got together :)

Telly
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2008, 4:44 pm

The thing is, this could turn into a real mess if he doesn't feel the same way. I don't want to lose his friendship or respect. Deep down I feel he does have feelings for me.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 10:56 pm

Telly wrote:
The thing is, this could turn into a real mess if he doesn't feel the same way. I don't want to lose his friendship or respect. Deep down I feel he does have feelings for me.

Yeah, and when I started falling for HER- before we DID hook up- I kept saying "I have a 3% change with her- which is 3% higher than normal!"

Believe me- I was petrified about it too, now I want you to consider something- I told her how I felt about her when she surprised me at the door. Technically, that was THE SECOND TIME I ever spent time with her. How many guys have the stones to tell a girl the SECOND TIME how they feel about them? NOT A LOT!

Lemme tell ya- if you want the guy, you got to let him know how you feel. If he doesn't feel the same, he doesn't feel the same- and it wasn't meant to be. But you'll never know- and you'll always be wondering....if you don't find out.

Telly
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Apr 2008, 3:12 pm

thx for the suggestions.

Telly
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2008, 9:53 pm

Well...

I've decided against going for anything at this point. I realize he likes to be around me-- but that's it.

Thomas1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2008, 9:58 pm

So, you're single then?

:P

Telly
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 May 2008, 10:00 pm

:-)