Do you believe that nearly anybody can become attractive?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

patrick6
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 6:33 pm

Praetorius wrote:
pat666rick wrote:
Do you believe that nearly anybody can become attractive?
For men, yes. Physical appearance is only a small part of what women are attracted to in a man.

The rest of it is penis-size. Haha, kidding.

Haliphron
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 6:46 pm

pat666rick wrote:
Sometimes I don't feel very attractive. When I gain quite a bit of weight and when I haven't bought any new clothes in a very long time, I feel like I could look 100x better.

Do any of you people believe that anybody who previously wasn't very attractive can become attractive?

If you are talking about physical attractiveness than I'll go with what LePetitePrince said. But lemme just say this:
(physical)beauty is quantitative rather than qualitative. Its very hard to pin down exactly what physical attributes are required for someone to looke beautiful but you certainly know it when it see it.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 6:57 pm

Haliphron wrote:
(physical)beauty is quantitative rather than qualitative. Its very hard to pin down exactly what physical attributes are required for someone to looke beautiful but you certainly know it when it see it.

uhh... I think you got that backwards... Quantitative is the adjective for something that can be precisely measured...

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2008, 10:07 pm

I'm sorry, my first comment was meant specifically for Gamester, but generally for the whole forum as well. I didn't mean to accuse you of saying such a thing, pat666rick.

And thank you, pat and johnhopkins, but I don't see how people on here can tell my weight from my avatar. I mean, I know about you, john, but the rest of you, I don't get it! Other people have commented on it when I've had avatars that I think make me look thin!

Anyway, if your weight bothers you, pat, change it. You obviously know you can. If you don't want something as crazy as you used to do, just take it slow. Eat less, pay a little more attention to calories, eat less processed foods. Start by taking a walk every day, then run every other day, that kind of thing. If you treat yourself like you really care about your body and health, it will show, even if you don't lose all the weight you don't want to.

Also, I know how much stretch marks suck. Try looking for stretch mark remedies at a drug store. Using that, along with losing the weight, will help them disappear. But honestly, my boyfriend has plenty, and I could care less. It's just something people deal with. I know a super skinny person with some pretty bad ones, because he grew so fast.. he gained weight too but of course never got more than a teensy-weensy belly.

You can't avoid love and relationships because you think you're not worthy, for whatever reason. Make yourself worthy.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

08 Sep 2008, 11:03 pm

depends on the person, i'd say major face plastic surgery is a good idea, IF you want to look totally unatural/weird and make it look obvious you have low self esteem, minor MIGHT (MIGHT) be ok

for women i reckon,
breast implants aren't too bad, as long as it's not a super sized enhanement, medium is prolly best bet

i have no idea why women get breast reductions, natural is the best (no natural size is bad imo), i think women get reductions because of reading too many mags and talking to jealous b*tchy friends or sumthin' stupid

when it comes to weight i wouldn't go out with someone over double my width, tubby is ok but FAT isn't imo

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 11:11 pm

I think for women it is true. And they don't even need biological level changes, just the right clothing and make up does wonders for 90% of them, really. For men it is harder, all of we are quite ugly, I like to think we are intended to .

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Sep 2008, 11:16 pm

AngryJessman: Natural is only okay if it doesn't interfere with your life. I guess you've never known a woman with breasts so large she can't even sleep comfortably? Or lean over a desk to pick up something without pain? There are plenty of reasons to get breast reductions.

AngryJessman
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2008, 12:28 am

nekowafer wrote:
AngryJessman: Natural is only okay if it doesn't interfere with your life. I guess you've never known a woman with breasts so large she can't even sleep comfortably? Or lean over a desk to pick up something without pain? There are plenty of reasons to get breast reductions.

well its an obvious mistake then, I cannot always talk with the very rare and occasional "exceptions", i was merely stating the COMMON problems, i see alot of women getting there mid sized breasts reduced and it confuses the hell outa me

nekowafer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2008, 2:57 am

It makes them happy. *shrug*

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 3:01 am

MiniMozartAspie wrote:

Uh...... I'm gonna say no...

hey where did you get my picture

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 5:43 pm

That's a very good question. I think that it's true in one way and not in another. See, with a lot of hard work, almost anyone can become attractive to some people. But there are exceptions. Some people are just...plain...ugly. They could get plastic surgery, but arguably plastic surgery isn't attractive. I guess to some people it might be though.

I dunno, there are a lot of people who could never be attractive to me personally because of my own particular tastes.

And by the way, Patrick, your new avatar--the kitten one--is freaking hilarious. It wouldn't be on anyone but it is on you. XD

Jeno
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2008, 7:51 pm

And everyone here is only talking about physical attraction as well. Even disturbingly ugly guys can be extremely attractive with the right personality traits (Hath thou seen Beauty and the beast? Or at least Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?) lol

Physical attractiveness isn't even ALL in looks as well. Extremely good looking, insecure guys can easily be seen as less attractive than that average or below average looking confident guys, and vice versa in women. And when most people talk about physical attraction they tend to talk about 2 things. Is their face attractive and is their body attractive.

And that isn't a matter of one being more attractive but rather your preference.

Someone could think someone is atrocious appeal wise and on the other hand, you could find them to cause you to lose track of time thinking about them.

There is no true way to 'objectively' measure one's attractiveness, even by the mass population. and that's because attraction and attractiveness is an subjective term.

And to prove my point, Ralphie May has a wicked hot wife whilst Heather Mills dated a Beatle.

~Is extremely attractive~

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 10:08 pm

I do not consider myself good looking, yet I know that over the years, there have certainly been those who have found me attractive. As to why - I still don't have the foggiest... albeit I do know that is was a combination of different physical aspects whose appeal seemed heightened by the interpersonal attraction rather than primary over such concerns.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 10:50 pm

AngryJessman wrote:
depends on the person, i'd say major face plastic surgery is a good idea, IF you want to look totally unatural/weird and make it look obvious you have low self esteem, minor MIGHT (MIGHT) be ok

plastic surgery is really only acceptable if you have suffered some extreme deformity through cogenital defect or injury (like MiniMozart's picture above)... If you just have a few wrinkles, than I have no sympathy for you... I'd rather have a few wrinkles than an artificial face...

Quote:
for women i reckon,
breast implants aren't too bad, as long as it's not a super sized enhanement, medium is prolly best bet

i have no idea why women get breast reductions, natural is the best (no natural size is bad imo), i think women get reductions because of reading too many mags and talking to jealous b*tchy friends or sumthin' stupid

I don't care what anyone else says, natural breasts beat fake ones any day of the week... size matters not. One doesn't necessarily need to be a D-cup to be "hot"... on >50% of female body frames, it would look unnatural. Out of all the women I've become attracted to, the biggest pair had to have been C's (and they grew to be C's after I had lost attraction in her later), the rest of them being smaller...

Breast size has become the female analog to penis size... a completely pointless contest...

Quote:
when it comes to weight i wouldn't go out with someone over double my width, tubby is ok but FAT isn't imo

As long as she doesn't have a higher BMI than me, I'm cool with it... That's one of my few physical requirements, although having a higher BMI than mine is no easy feat...

SPCDavid
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2008, 6:19 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Quote:
for women i reckon,

I don't care what anyone else says, natural breasts beat fake ones any day of the week... size matters not. One doesn't necessarily need to be a D-cup to be "hot"... on >50% of female body frames, it would look unnatural. Out of all the women I've become attracted to, the biggest pair had to have been C's (and they grew to be C's after I had lost attraction in her later), the rest of them being smaller...

Speak for yourself, I'm totally a breast man, I don't care if she has a little acne or can't laugh at my jokes, just as long as she's sporting a d-cup I'm sold. I think it's just that so many people find breasts attractive that society sells it as the sure-fire way to bag a man, that is completely untrue, it only works for me (and a bunch of other guys). I'm not gonna lie to myself and say breasts don't attract me, even if it does make me sound a little more mature and refined, there's a big difference between what sounds mature and what is mature.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2008, 6:10 pm

Ha-ha. It depends on what your idea of attractive is. Do you think you look good? If you think you are attractive then you are. I think everyone gets told different things by different people and this is where your social skills come into play, how will you handle getting told you are fat or ugly because, honestly, if someone is pissed at you for some reason they will tell you you are fat and/or ugly even if you aren't.
I get really cynical if someone starts complimenting me, telling me I look good blah blah blah, because I am really street wise and tend to mistrust people who compliment me. I have been told I am attractive and get sooooo many compliments on my figure. I am kind of narcissistic and in love with myself even though that's a terrible way to be:(