Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cirrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2008, 11:39 pm

I did something similar a while back when a girl I happened to be crushing on was trying to give me a drink. She had 2 of them and was being nice offering me one of them. The problem was I couldn't actually drink it because of one of the things it contained (hooray food allergies!) and I wasn't thinking clearly at the moment, nor could I intelligently phrase an explanation why at the time because I'd clam up around her so all I could muster up was a loud "NO". That basically ended that. I realized what I'd done a couple minutes afterwards, I had a horrible time for the rest of the night and ultimately beat myself up for weeks.

Why am I telling you this? It's because a lot of us have been through this and beating yourself up for missing signals isn't going to help you long-term. Forgive yourself for missing the signal and even if you don't get a second chance with this girl, there will be other girls and opportunities.

As far as potentially fixing it, next time you see her (presumably outside) you can offer her a cig and smoke and chat with her. If she asks about what happened before, apologize; tell her you were having an off day and that she caught you a bit off guard.