The Cure for Nice Guy Syndrome

Page 11 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2014, 7:41 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
i've had a similar very strong desire since i was a young child; it has always been the driving force behind my curiosity and my love of (and compulsion for) learning. however, probably one of the most useful axioms i have ever encountered in life is "A truly wise man knows that he knows nothing"--a healthy reminder to remain open-minded and willing to question any "truths" one may have settled on.

Spoken by the great philosopher Socrates. I go by it as well. Here is my question then. If I know that statement to be true and it is true then how can I know that it is truthfully true?

I believe Socrates also had a scald of a wife who he tried to avoid by hanging around with sophists and young boys all day...

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 8:09 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
cubedemon6073 wrote:
Quote:
i've had a similar very strong desire since i was a young child; it has always been the driving force behind my curiosity and my love of (and compulsion for) learning. however, probably one of the most useful axioms i have ever encountered in life is "A truly wise man knows that he knows nothing"--a healthy reminder to remain open-minded and willing to question any "truths" one may have settled on.

Spoken by the great philosopher Socrates. I go by it as well. Here is my question then. If I know that statement to be true and it is true then how can I know that it is truthfully true?

I believe Socrates also had a scald of a wife who he tried to avoid by hanging around with sophists and young boys all day...

I think Xanthippe was pissed off at him because he kept wanting to debate philosophy instead of bringing home the bacon.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 6:47 am

Last edited by marshall on 17 May 2014, 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2014, 8:26 am

http://elitedaily.com/dating/gentlemen/ ... ng-boring/

The problem isn't being nice, the problem is being boring.

The problem here isn?t ?nice guys? and ?bad boys.? That?s a false dichotomy and one that has otherwise good men acting like jerks when it comes to women. What?s at issue here is not being boring and, perhaps more importantly, not begging for approval.

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2014, 8:33 am

I'm a true gentleman, I believe that common courtesy and etiquette are very important values, these women who desire someone vulgar aren't worth your time and they are probably American woman. Go to study in Paris or Rome where you will meet women that have more etiquette instead of going for women driven by MTV or Jersey Shore.

Why do you gentleman want to be desired by by people like that anyway? Have some standards and class.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 9:24 am

Arch, I'll have to agree with that previous point. I am not a big fan of women who are motivated by what others have versus who a person is. Let's flip to the women's side of the coin for a second and point out how some women can behave badly as well. Maybe getting involved with this type will be the cure for NGS :lol:

I have dealt with in my own experience the type of woman out there who believe they deserve a good guy, but their poor behaviour towards men in general pretty much proves otherwise. These types always want to be right and never want to be told when their wrong. They want to believe their own BS and of course want to be treated like entitled princesses. All you have to do to get on their bad side is have an argument.

However, from arm's length and instead of getting involved, you will notice the BS with a clearer picture. You'll find that they will have a crush on you at some point, and then the crush passes as they suddenly find someone else to crush on. She will complain to you about how the good guys can't be found, but you will then notice her groping some random guy later on that night. Then she again will complain about how guys only use her for sex. She may call you to talk about how sad she is about how their boyfriend did something awful to her and that she wants to break up with him. It turns out, the two just had an argument and she is being overly dramatic about it. She complains when she doesn't get her way, and its possible she doesn't like it when the boyfriend stands up for himself and calls her out on her BS. She wont break up with the boyfriend herself, but will look for opportunities to cheat and even justify it by saying the boyfriend deserved to be cheated on.

These women can be quite toxic if you allow them to get to close. If you keep them at arm's length, you will not be affected by them, and you may find yourself rolling your eyes at them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 9:29 am

Talking about boring, I find most women in real life boring to tears.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 11:12 am

Archdevilius wrote:
I'm a true gentleman, I believe that common courtesy and etiquette are very important values, these women who desire someone vulgar aren't worth your time and they are probably American woman. Go to study in Paris or Rome where you will meet women that have more etiquette instead of going for women driven by MTV or Jersey Shore.

Why do you gentleman want to be desired by by people like that anyway? Have some standards and class.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ER2_4q5KQ[/youtube]

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.