Why is it that the nice guys finish last?

Page 12 of 12 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 2:19 am

makuranososhi wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
I was on Prozac for 2 years (the dosage was being adjusted throughout, but eventually settled on 10 mg), and yet still the happiness felt artificial...

...and Prozac is one for a multitude of different medications, all of which have slightly different effects and working mechanisms upon brain chemistry. Instead of 24 months of tinkering with one, your doctor should have evaluated whether a different medication would have been more effective.

The drug did what they wanted... it calmed me down, shut me up, and gradually eliminated my impulsive behavior (although that could have just been me maturing too). But you'll notice it's what they wanted. I still felt like a fake. I know it sounds harsh on the therapists and psychologists i had to work with over there, but to be fair to them, they were probably under orders from my school to turn the "problem child" (me) into something they could handle (I first got put on prozac for beating up a guy that was trying to bully me in school). They were at least generous enough to not immediately write me off and prescribe ritalin, and at least give me a chance to work on my impulse problem myself (which I took).

therange wrote:
10 mg is nothing btw. I'm on 60mg of prozac and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't like feeling bad.

If 60 mg works for you, that's great. 10 mg was too much for me. I don't like feeling fake. I'd rather feel bad and feel like I'm myself than feel good, but fake. Granted, ideally I'd like to feel good and be myself, but if I can only choose one, I'll keep being myself. There's a true solace to be found in being yourself, unmitigated by any mind-altering substances, and that solace keeps me going even in the really bad times. That might be what you're misinterpreting as "enjoying being miserable"...

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2010, 2:47 am

KenM wrote:
Have any of you been woken up in the middle of the night by your own mother high and looking for cash for her next fix? Have any of you had to stare down a dealer when they pull a gun in your face because you did not want them to give drugs to your mom? Have any of you had to go get your mom from the hospital because the person she was with wanted more money for drugs and my mom refused, so he cut my mom's ring finger off and took the rings to sell. Throwing the finger in the woods, leaving my mom to bleed to death on the side of the road? One of the rings was the ring my Dad gave to my mom and I will never get it back.

So until people walk in my shoes and see what I have seen because of drugs, don't preach to me how wonderful drugs and meds are. They bring nothing but pain.

I thought you were going to say this is why you had issues with the female gender, because of latent stuff with your mom. :(

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 5:48 am

Well I got a response from a mod over the attack Hale Bop did to Me and Tim Tex. The mod thinks he did nothing wrong. He based this on my past posts and not just what was said. This is great. Whenever I write something that people take as an attack, I get warned. But when I feel attacked by a member the mods don't do anything.

Double standard. Stick to your rules.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 8:36 am

KenM wrote:
Well I got a response from a mod over the attack Hale Bop did to Me and Tim Tex.

i think she said what she thought and i agree with her sentiments.
the murder weapon was a blunt object.

ReeseLightnin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jan 2010, 11:03 am

Wow, someone hits Ken with brutal honesty that will solve his problems if he would bother to listen but he gets offended and changes the subject? I can't believe it. <---NOT AN ATTACK

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:15 am

KenM wrote:
Well I got a response from a mod over the attack Hale Bop did to Me and Tim Tex. The mod thinks he did nothing wrong. He based this on my past posts and not just what was said. This is great. Whenever I write something that people take as an attack, I get warned. But when I feel attacked by a member the mods don't do anything.

Considering the attacks you've made on most of the members as well.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:23 am

His logic chip blew, thats what >_>

He just sticks to the same faulty circular cycle of thought.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:42 am

KenM wrote:

I have worked with you for months, KenM. Yet you have done nothing to improve. That is a double standard the mods rarely give to other members yet you allow it to happen because it is a double standard in your favor.

Have you ever stopped and asked yourself "gee, after putting an avatar on my account with someone giving the finger to the mods, after I have been worked with for MONTHS about how you wanted to see someone get banned for "attacking" you for your vitrolic posts, how come I haven't just been banned?"

That is a good question, KenM. Many members have been banned for less. There are far more people protesting your posts than you protesting theirs. Perhaps we should not have a double standard with you and just bann you now. How's that?

Merle
Moderator.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:44 am

Toad, you sound like a scientologist - not an attack - when you dismiss pills as "Fake happiness." If you refuse to take medication and don't want your depressive symptoms to go away, that's fine, but don't knock people who were in your situation before and chose sanity over being perpetually depressed.

Last edited by therange on 28 Jan 2010, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:48 am

KenM wrote:

No, Ken. I said that I could not find an attack on you, and that in comparison to your previous posts it was relatively tame in comparison. You should not feel attacked by others on WP; that does not correlate that every time you feel you are being attacked that you actually are. There is a difference between labeling others and attacking them, and responding to your collective posts with their opinion of an observation.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 11:58 am

We'll,l then its my opintion that all you mods and everyone else that can not see my point of view can burn in hell. This is not an attack, just an opintion, so its OK, right? Bad idea to ask a bunch of social ret*ds for advice anyway.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:10 pm

Ken, if it makes you feel any better, you really aren't missing out on too much with a girlfriend anyway. Sure, female company is nice, but that's assuming you and the woman are in unison together and she feels the same exact way you feel...which is hard for even NTs to find.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2010, 12:12 pm

therange wrote:
Toad, you sound like a scientologist - not an attack - when you dismiss pills as "Fake happiness." If you refuse to take medication and don't want your depressive symptoms to go away, that's fine, but don't knock people who were in your situation before and chose sanity over being perpetually depressed.

No, unlike ken, I don't see debating your own points as an attack (just don't expect me to sit there and not debate back). Nor do I have any issue with you taking whatever drugs you feel like. I just don't want any drugs overwriting my identity.