Reasons why you're a bad catch

Page 12 of 32 [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 32  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

Xayah wrote:
oh ho! This should be fun.
1. I'm fat
2. I don't sleep at normal hours
3. I claim to be Christian but I'm a sexual deviant
4. I blurt out people's secrets
5. My messiness disgusts my male roommate
6. When our microwave had to be fixed I nearly starved to death

the trials and tribulations of a girl pretending to be normal

The first 4 sound like me as well.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Operaghost
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

I think we all have our problems, but that doesn't mean that there isn't anyone out there that will look past all those things. :/ I think the key thing with starting a relationship, is to be sure in yourself. And if the person doesn't accept you then they just missed their chance. The truth is, is that you all are who you are, and your special for who you are. NT or Aspie, we all got our problems. But I wouldn't discourage yourselves :(

Despite having some different, and flawed traits, you all have some pretty wonderful traits to bring to the world.
Sorry, if I ruined the discussion. I'm an optimist. Reading your post made me sad :(

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

b9 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm damaged goods.

in australia we have "the seconds warehouse" whose advertising slogan is
"tiny dings?..."huge savings". demand is high (unfortunately) so the base price is comparable to undamaged units nowadays due to a flood of demand (from the suburban bargain hunting bastards of society)

even though you are damaged (i trust your report) , i think you will prevail to a reasonable age.

i am finished with this thread now

So are you saying she should lower her standards ? she's married BTW, and yes I don't get Australia you go to seconds and 'factory outlets" and their nearly or similar prices to the chain stores whats up with that ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

I need to check out the "not quite right " store I believe it's only in the Southern states I wish they would have it here in Qld :cry: where you can buy not quite right fruit and veg like a kilo of strawberries for like $ 4 I would probably make some nice cheap jam with that .

Most of us are not quite right who wants to be shop at mainstream supermarkets anyway ? I'm glad I'm not quite right why would you shop at mainstream supermarkets anyway ? except for toilet paper where it's like less than 50 cents a roll (big campaign "sales" going on on every day items at the moment like (3 ply) toilet paper that's as soft as a babies bottom , because everyone dreams of wiping to their ar%# with a babies bottom right ?

I don't get those expense toilet papers whats that all about ?

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

aussiebloke, I'm separated and getting a divorce. Not to mention you misunderstood what b9 was trying to say. My standards have nothing to do with it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:31 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm damaged goods.

Why do you think that? You're one of the most fun people on here.

Because it's true. Nothing I can't fix, though.

I know the feeling. While I don't necessarily consider myself "damaged goods", society does seem to convince that anything less than someone's "dream guy" or "fantasy guy" is damaged goods.

Heh I'm just messed up for many reasons.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 9:32 pm

I get emotionally blinded sometimes and leap before I look.

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 2:59 am

Loud and shameless. No grace. Yet I have boobs somehow.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 5:13 am

Operaghost wrote:
I think we all have our problems, but that doesn't mean that there isn't anyone out there that will look past all those things. :/ I think the key thing with starting a relationship, is to be sure in yourself. And if the person doesn't accept you then they just missed their chance. The truth is, is that you all are who you are, and your special for who you are. NT or Aspie, we all got our problems. But I wouldn't discourage yourselves :(

Despite having some different, and flawed traits, you all have some pretty wonderful traits to bring to the world.
Sorry, if I ruined the discussion. I'm an optimist. Reading your post made me sad :(

Good words. But personally I don't feel too bad about owning my faults here. I seem perfectly able to fathom the depths of my undesirable side without falling into the trap of thinking that's all I am. Like I said above, the saving grace is the awareness........I could have hidden the truth from myself and propped up my ego for a while longer, but that would have been delusional and it would have made it impossible to fix. And any partner I did get would be walking into a death trap unless I know myself and reveal these things to her before she's too involved to be able to lightly turn back. My task now is to keep those negative things in mind and to work on them, and to look for more.

We also have the "reasons why you're a GOOD catch" thread to balance things up if we're feeling depressed about this one.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I'm damaged goods.

Why do you think that? You're one of the most fun people on here.

Because it's true. Nothing I can't fix, though.

I know the feeling. While I don't necessarily consider myself "damaged goods", society does seem to convince that anything less than someone's "dream partner" is damaged goods.

Heh I'm just messed up for many reasons.

I'm a Christian who doesn't live according to the stereotypical Bible-thumping, gun-toting, Dark-aged way of thinking we have here in Texas.

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 24 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Poorly developed.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Try being a Christian who likes oral sex and is willing to experiment, who takes a strong libertarian view on abortion, same-sex marriage, and medical marijuana. Then try finding someone of the opposite sex who has a similar sex drive, who is also an Aspie, in the biggest "red state" in the country.

Don't make me list all the things that make me a bad catch. :shameonyou:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Try being a Christian who likes oral sex and is willing to experiment, who takes a strong libertarian view on abortion, same-sex marriage, and medical marijuana. Then try finding someone of the opposite sex who has a similar sex drive, who is also an Aspie, in the biggest "red state" in the country.

Don't make me list all the things that make me a bad catch. :shameonyou:

Ok, I won't. :wink:

un-worthy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

I have borderline personality disorder. In practice this means I'll break up with you in less than a month. I'm on my eighth boyfriend right now and soon I'll break up with him too.

It's funny because when I first date someone I think it'll last forever, like I'm already evaluating him as a marriage partner, but then we go out and I break up with him in two weeks.

Also, even if I stay in a relationship (which I am doing more often because I am trying to be less impulsive), I tend to see partners in black and white. Often guys will go from being very valuable to completely worthless, so I'll try to see them as little as possible. Sometimes they go from completely worthless to very valuable, but that is less common.

I tend to date guys with Asperger's, so I'm often the guy's first girlfriend. I'm probably pretty sh***y as first girlfriends go.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

I'm a tough case because I'm an irresponsible dirtbag with a drinking problem and a maturity level easily 5 years younger than my actual age... but at the same time I have a big time need for intellectual stimulation and I have a fairly ambitious path that is more or less on track for my age and I refuse to involve myself with anyone who may hold that back.

It's a pretty nasty dichotomy that most people simply cannot accommodate, much less make sense of period.

But at the same time, the girls that my BS does occasionally attract are the select few who can actually identify with that and are as intrigued as I am to find someone on the same page.

I'm not out there to play the numbers game, my general "success" is limited (by some standards) but being the as*hole that I am seems to be a pretty high-percentage filter.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 8:50 am

un-worthy wrote:
I have borderline personality disorder. In practice this means I'll break up with you in less than a month. I'm on my eighth boyfriend right now and soon I'll break up with him too.

It's funny because when I first date someone I think it'll last forever, like I'm already evaluating him as a marriage partner, but then we go out and I break up with him in two weeks.

Also, even if I stay in a relationship (which I am doing more often because I am trying to be less impulsive), I tend to see partners in black and white. Often guys will go from being very valuable to completely worthless, so I'll try to see them as little as possible. Sometimes they go from completely worthless to very valuable, but that is less common.

That sounds worryingly like my wavering attitude towards partners. When they're new, even when I manage to see their faults, I just really strongly want to ignore all that. Then later on it's hard for me to focus on any good in them, and all I can see is the harm they've done. I've not known it the other way round though. If I thought they were that bad at the start, I woudn't even date them.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

I'm sorta overweight (not for lack of exercise!)
I'm awkward socially
I moved back in with mommy and daddy
I'm not cool
I uh....::Thinks about it:: wait, that's a good thing.
I'm a loner.