Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 12 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 36  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:34 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Where do I meet someone who values their intellect and interests? Pubs/Clubs aren't usually choices for such things and Community Services have stuck ups (from experience).

It's impossible to find that. I just got shoved aside by someone who was initially interested because doing my degree was too important to me and they didn't like it.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 5:38 pm

Because I love the single life.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

bumble wrote:
Where do I meet someone who values their intellect and interests? Pubs/Clubs aren't usually choices for such things and Community Services have stuck ups (from experience).

It's impossible to find that. I just got shoved aside by someone who was initially interested because doing my degree was too important to me and they didn't like it.

I can see it from your POV.

Although I can see his/hers too, as a Degree is not the end of the world. I have a good job and I disn't go to University (I don't think I'm smart anyway, debunking the little Professors theory).

It's impossible, although I am certain some girls who value them whilst accepting someone who has flaws which are pretty different to what they usually see in guys.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:46 pm

bumble wrote:

I can see it from your POV.

Although I can see his/hers too, as a Degree is not the end of the world. I have a good job and I disn't go to University (I don't think I'm smart anyway, debunking the little Professors theory).

It's impossible, although I am certain some girls who value them whilst accepting someone who has flaws which are pretty different to what they usually see in guys.

But it is to me. Studying is what I love the most. Study and research. It is when I am happiest, when I feel most alive...but I am miserable without it. Even in a relationship...I am miserable without study.

And its what I am good at, I get A grades. Its my talent.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

bumble wrote:
But it is to me. Studying is what I love the most. Study and research. It is when I am happiest, when I feel most alive...but I am miserable without it. Even in a relationship...I am miserable without study.

Of course I respect that, I was just saying if anything went wrong, you can always try again. :)

I know how you feel, although I don't study anymore I do miss challenging myself....but I find cultural experiences to be very exciting...and I get very bored if I don't do something different every week...even if it means going to a restaurant to try something new.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

bumble wrote:

Of course I respect that, I was just saying if anything went wrong, you can always try again. :)

I know how you feel, although I don't study anymore I do miss challenging myself....but I find cultural experiences to be very exciting...and I get very bored if I don't do something different every week...even if it means going to a restaurant to try something new.

Wont be possible to try again with the recent changes to the UK higher ed funding system. This is my last chance to get my degree as I class as a transitional student so keep my present funding until I have completed my degree. If I fail though or get pulled off the course or leave for any reason I lose my transitional student status and thus my funding. As I come from a poor background, if I lose my funding...that is the end of it. My chance will have gone.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

bumble wrote:

Wont be possible to try again with the recent changes to the UK higher ed funding system. This is my last chance to get my degree as I class as a transitional student so keep my present funding until I have completed my degree. If I fail though or get pulled off the course or leave for any reason I lose my transitional student status and thus my funding. As I come from a poor background, if I lose my funding...that is the end of it. My chance will have gone.

Oh I see, I am sorry to hear that and I do wish you well.

Damn UK Government trying to cut costs in stupid places!?!

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm

my age??

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:15 pm

I gave up on meeting an actual nice woman. They judge without getting to know me, and will not acknowledge the same in themselves. Taking and not giving. Selfish without caring about others.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:53 pm

I'm still single because I never reciprocate once interest has been indicated. I should probably work on that...

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

bumble wrote:

@bumble, I imagine you undestand that in that case, the other person didn't appreciate a very important point about yourself. So be it, you're probably better off without the pressure of meeting a contrary expectation.

For myself: I'm a loner by nature. If my path crosses with someone else's, well, okay. Meantime, it's just me.

rolande
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

In love with a girl who has a thing for me, she also has a bf. She cheated on him with me once though, so that's why me & her aren't really as close as we used to be.

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2012, 11:48 pm

I don't like playing games with people and I'm too straightforward.
Haven't met someone mature enough for me.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2012, 11:53 pm

Because no Republican-voting Christians have the same interests as me, and the liberals/hipsters who do have the same interests want nothing to do with me because I am a Christian and a Republican.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 12:48 am

Because no one asks. But then, I don't encourage them either.
I used to pursue men I liked and I'd more than occasionally snag them, but then would inevitably discover that they were the kind of guys who like to do/get things the easy way. So I switched tactics thinking that if a man pursued ME I'd have a better chance of finding someone with more confidence and/or drive.
All I've managed with that are alpha males with control issues.
I don't know what to do so I've decided to do nothing. Turns out, I'm enough of a loner that I'm not bothered by being single.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 1:03 am

Because I can't imagine having another person around all day, or for any period of time longer than 2-3 hours once a week. I need my undisturbed daily routine and a lot of peace and quiet.