Is it ever okay to look at a women's breasts?

Page 13 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 1:50 pm

Anyone know the etiquette for Hooters restaurants? It's almost implied to look, but you still feel like you shouldn't.

Also, aspie feminists, please dont label me a pig for going to Hooters until you try their breaded chicken wings - amazing.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

sterfry wrote:
Anyone know the etiquette for Hooters restaurants? It's almost implied to look, but you still feel like you shouldn't.

Also, aspie feminists, please dont label me a pig for going to Hooters until you try their breaded chicken wings - amazing.

Not only is it okay to objectify an uniformed Hooters server, it's a required part of the position for them to treat you like they like it and you're the most special fella ever. The men who started Hooters did so because they were tossed out of their favorite sports bar for treating the female servers that way.* So while I don't agree that having a business plan based on the objectification of women is right, an argument against staring at breasts at Hooters is like scolding someone for looking at women at a strip club. It's really kind of the point of the place.

I've seen a Hooters server wearing the bikini top and very calmly just tie it back in place after a male patron thought it was appropriate to untie it and take a picture of her breasts while she was carrying trays. That guy was a scumbag but it's an understood hazard of the job that they put up with. I think it's a misunderstanding that they're fine with stuff like that happening because they don't react negatively. The truth is that it's part of the job description that they must always remain positive to the customer.

So, go ahead and appreciate the uniforms but, remember your manners, please.

* I've been criticized in the past elsewhere on the internet as some man-hating nutjob for saying the factual history of the Hooters franchise so if anyone has that thought in them, spare it. I read the history of Hooters in the Hooters Magazine as told by the owners.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:58 pm

Quote:
please dont label me a pig for going to Hooters until you try their breaded chicken wings - amazing.

uhhhh...yeah...I go there for the chicken wings too...yummm-y...can't get enough of those wings... :wink:

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 12:39 am

My tutor's boobs seriously distract me at uni. If she's looking at me though then I don't look at them, just whenever she's not looking at me... which is like 90% of the time :lol:

If a girl was actually talking to me though then I wouldn't look at her boobs. Well I guess you can't help it if she's hot and you glance. But I think it would be rude to keep looking at her chest when she's talking to you - it would be like ignoring what she's saying.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 1:28 am

Trollin'.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 1:40 am

sterfry wrote:

I would address the issues of staring at boobs and eating Hooters wings exactly the same way.

They may look delicious but proceed with caution.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

Having just been through the thread, I think..Omg hyperlexian could post up a storm 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:53 am

sterfry wrote:
Anyone know the etiquette for Hooters restaurants? It's almost implied to look, but you still feel like you shouldn't

if i ever would be in a hooters restaurant, i would only look as they walked away from my direction, through my mirrored sunglasses. if they walked opposite my direction, i also have a pair of rear-view glasses for that purpose, so i dont have to turn around and be obvious.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 3:34 pm

emlion wrote:
looks like you see them as a 'piece of ass' though.

It depends who it is. :wink:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:17 pm

I looked at one once and my eye fell out.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:06 pm

A lot of women spend a lot of money on breast implants so I can only assume that they want men to look.

Not to mention low cut dresses and "lift and separate" bras.

Men can be the same. If some "gym rat" walks around wearing a skin tight "wife beater" undershirt it is because he wants women to see his muscles.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 8:08 am

Moog wrote:

Sounds like you got too close.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2011, 8:28 am

Moog wrote:

I hate it when that happens...

TheWeirdPig
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Feb 2011, 2:21 pm

Of course it's ok . . . when in a strip club. :wink: