The real reason why you aren't hit on much by women.

Page 13 of 19 [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 8:20 am

I hope Cathy hits on me because of my Erudition! :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 8:36 am

cathylynn wrote:
the guys i have hit on are the ones who display either musical talent or prodigious use of the english language.

I think kraftiekortie secretly wants to sleep with you.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 8:41 am

Nah...lol...she has a husband whom she loves dearly!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 8:46 am

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 4:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boys never get trained how to hit on girls; all they learn from the media and from their early expérience that if the hit on comes from an unwanted boy, then he would be called "creepy" "stalker", or "desperate" or something like that by the girl.
This is very true. Being raised by a single mother didn't help. Maybe they should actually teach something useful in sex education like how to hit on girls, instead of just explaining the difference between mitosis and meiosis and then slipping a condom on a banana.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Boys never get trained how to hit on girls; all they learn from the media and from their early expérience that if the hit on comes from an unwanted boy, then he would be called "creepy" "stalker", or "desperate" or something like that by the girl.
This is very true. Being raised by a single mother didn't help. Maybe they should actually teach something useful in sex education like how to hit on girls, instead of just explaining the difference between mitosis and meiosis and then slipping a condom on a banana.

My parents' generation where I live had the semi-arranged marriage way as the norm (through family connections, introducing matches...etc) - so even dad and most of the married men of this generation are totally clueless of how to approach women on their own.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 4:58 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

my class taught girls how to check their brothers/fathers balls for cancer. using a display thing. the teach was anti men too so its wierd. boys didn't learn how to test breasts only the women did. I'd never let my sister or daughter see or touch my balls. eww.

I too was raised by women. it's made me not a real man that women find horrible unattractive.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 9:59 pm

My class wasn't anti-men or anti-sex. They didn't tell us not to have sex but they only explained the scientific parts of it.

I agree that it's harmful for kids to be raised without a father for the reasons you described. I know it was for me.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 5:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I was never hit on at all online or offline when I was very skinny and bony - why? Because the *vast majority* of women don't like skinny and bony guys.
Really? After I stopped taking phentermine I was torn between either going hungry or eating "unnecessary meals" (that is meals that aren't during or before work hours). Sometimes I'd fast through weekends. I felt guilty if I ate three meals in one day but now I'm having second thoughts. Maybe my plan to attract women by being skinny is misguided. It was born out of the problem that I spent half my life being called fat (though mostly by other men). No matter how hard I tried I could never get a perfectly flat stomach but would women overlook a slight stomach bulge?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 12:09 pm

I think a slight stomach bulge in a man is like generous hips in a woman. Fat builds up preferentially in different places. I really like how women's breasts usually remain their most prominent bulges unless they get extremely fat.

Just don't be like me. My belly is probably heavier than both of my legs added together.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 3:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

My parents' generation where I live had the semi-arranged marriage way as the norm (through family connections, introducing matches...etc) - so even dad and most of the married men of this generation are totally clueless of how to approach women on their own.

So how come you didn't have an arranged marriage? Is that taboo now?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 6:00 pm

Face of Boo is a pretty Westernized Lebanese guy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm

nurseangela wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

So how come you didn't have an arranged marriage? Is that taboo now?

Not much common anymore,
at least, not in the middle class and urban areas. Among Christians (who are about 40%),
it got even less popular but it was very common among their parents' generation.

This how things went: it starts from a female family member of the guy , usually the mother, older sister, grandma, or even aunt - who plays the role of the match seeker, often seeking among people of the same "religious community" -among friends, friends of friends, distant family, in the past even cousins (2nd/3rd cousins mostly) - and set up a meeting between the guy and the potential bride - first time often within the girl's parental house, if she says yes (and usually if her parents say yes too)- her family later may accept the guy to start "dating" her outside the house; but this is usually for very few times before engagement; the latter usually last a couple of years before marriage.

Now, things were'nt always as rosy though; because if the guy is too rich (and it's expected from him to pay for everything, housing, wedding costs...etc) and her parents got greedy, they would exerce great pressure on her to accept him even if she didn't like him - this often ended bad later on.

As for me, my mom is a senior math teacher - hightly educated, same for sister and I can't even imagine them going matchmakers Lol ...hell no... nauseating.

Yeah, this tradition is totally dead in my family.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 6:55 pm

and I don't get much what "westernized" is supposed to entail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 6:59 pm

That there's less chance of you getting involved in an arranged marriage. That's all.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 7:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That there's less chance of you getting involved in an arranged marriage. That's all.

ok - but I guess it was common too in the west?

I can't envision myself meeting a girl I barely know AND her parents on a first time - and answer their barrage of questions, sounds like a nightmare - I wonder how our forefathers even survived this sh!t.