Would you ever date a fat or obese person?

Page 14 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 5:58 am

publicist wrote:
I can't make myself like someone who is overweight. I can't help it. It's not shallow...I can't change what I like and don't like. I'm sure they're great people :)

I doubt it. You probably think thing are lazy twats.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 6:02 am

I'm 13 stone 7 currently and that was classed as 'obese' in an online test of BMI that I did and I was shocked. I thought the word obese only came in when a person was something like 15 stone upwards.

I would like to know what the slim people eat on an average day and how much exercise they do in the week

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 6:14 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
publicist wrote:
I can't make myself like someone who is overweight. I can't help it. It's not shallow...I can't change what I like and don't like. I'm sure they're great people :)

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 8:23 am

Stalk wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
publicist wrote:

Oh I see. Thing should be ´they´.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 11:32 am

I like a woman with a healthy look.

I don't like the heroine chicke skinny, or the "waddle waddle waddle" fat.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 1:07 pm

I was married to a very large person for a while. It wasn't the size of his body that put an end to things. It was the size of his ego. I don't think I could date an extremely obese person, though. I don't know if we'd be able to do much.

But on the other hand, I don't think I could go out with a guy who weighed less than me.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

Depends on the definition of fat or obese. Fat or obese is defined in different ways, such as subjectively as in "oh that person looks fat" or "the person is obese due to his weight is 10% above a healthy weight."

I may have dated a guy who considered somewhat overweight or actually overweight, but I do not believe I have dated a guy who is extremely obese. It all just depends really on how i get along with the guy, etc.

Regarding females don't most men like women who have curves and most men do not prefer stick skinny women, correct?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2013, 2:43 pm

Stalk wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
publicist wrote:

This reminds me of something my 92yo grandmother has said her mother used to say: "There's no such thing as lazy people; there's something wrong with them."

Even my great grandmother, who I never met, seemed to have a natural insight into the existence of mental disabilities ie ADD/ADHD/AS etc and the fact that they can impact peoples activity levels, focus, discipline, eating habits, energy levels, fatigue etc. Sure, I may be reading a lot more into it than she thought at the time.. but I like to think I'm not & she was someone who wasn't quick to judge people as lazy and knew there was something more to it. I've thought this more and more since learning all about ADHD and how others can perceive us as lazy when it's really a combination of neurological symptoms that end up coming across that way to laymen who don't know any better. I'm certainly a lot less "lazy," since largely correcting these things via pharmaceuticals & diet, myself, so I can now see both sides of the coin.

I'm still not physically attracted to overweight or obese people, though. Never have been, even when I was overweight, and likely never will be. It just is what it is. It doesn't mean I judge them and assume they're lazy, it just means that they don't turn me on sexually, period.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 12:26 am

goldfish21 wrote:
This reminds me of something my 92yo grandmother has said her mother used to say: "There's no such thing as lazy people; there's something wrong with them."
she was someone who wasn't quick to judge people as lazy

Assuming that's an exact quote and she meant exactly what she said, she was quick to judge people as not lazy. That's equally irrational. It sounds like she made a valid observation ("not all people perceived as lazy are lazy"), but then incorrectly extrapolated it ("all people perceived as lazy are not lazy"). Happens all the time. :(

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 4:14 am

FMX wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
she was someone who wasn't quick to judge people as lazy

Assuming that's an exact quote and she meant exactly what she said, she was quick to judge people as not lazy. That's equally irrational. It sounds like she made a valid observation ("not all people perceived as lazy are lazy"), but then incorrectly extrapolated it ("all people perceived as lazy are not lazy"). Happens all the time. :(

..unless what anyone has ever perceived as "lazy," is actually a catch all word for various mental afflictions that are the root cause of lazy behaviour, then she'd have been spot on.

There's no real way to prove or disprove it either way. It's just interesting to contemplate.

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2013, 5:02 am

nessa238 wrote:
I'm 13 stone 7 currently and that was classed as 'obese' in an online test of BMI that I did and I was shocked. I thought the word obese only came in when a person was something like 15 stone upwards.

I would like to know what the slim people eat on an average day and how much exercise they do in the week

Those BMI calculations are likely based on what it was like 50 yrs ago. 189 lbs is not that big (unless you are real short). As long as you feel healthy and confident, that's what really matters.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 7:09 am

I think this question would make more sense as "Would you ever NOT date a person because they are obese?"
I don't think it makes sense to have a standard of size for potentially dating a person. If I like someone and they are obese, that doesn't mean a lot, other than I LIKE THEM so of course I would date them.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:11 am

ALguy1957 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Those BMI calculations are likely based on what it was like 50 yrs ago. 189 lbs is not that big (unless you are real short). As long as you feel healthy and confident, that's what really matters.

I don't feel healthy or confident though, although I didn't feel confident when slimmer either

I've started a diet and will be trying to do some exercise

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 10:01 am

meems wrote:
I think this question would make more sense as "Would you ever NOT date a person because they are obese?"
I don't think it makes sense to have a standard of size for potentially dating a person. If I like someone and they are obese, that doesn't mean a lot, other than I LIKE THEM so of course I would date them.

Pretty much the same as meems.

There is a girl who I used to like who works at my store. Many people describe her as fat ( to the point of making fun about it behind her back) but for some reason I just didn't see that. I saw an adorable, lively girl. I've liked other so-called "fat" women too. I go for a wide range of different types of looks.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2013, 5:25 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Bataar wrote:
I wouldn't date anyone I'm not attracted to. Generally, there are very, very few heavy girls that I still find attractive. I'm a "face first" guy. Face and hair is what I notice first and what I find most attractive. If a heavy girl has a cute face, there's a good chance I'll be attracted. Unfortunately, most heavy girls don't have faces I like and therefore would not be attracted to.

And are you dating anyone currently?

Nope. I really don't have a way to meet women.

LiamN79
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Apr 2013, 3:11 am

When I was in my early twenties I tried an experiment. One of my friend's girlfriends had a sweet friend that I did not find attractive. However, she was in good shape--volleyball player, runner, etc... I decided to date her to see if I could have emotions for someone I don't find attractive. Long story short- couldn't care for her. I didn't want to hurt her, but I couldn't hide my lack of feelings for her. Kissing her was very awkward for me, I drank a lot before we did. She was a virgin at the time, so I didn't have to worry about going far with her. I knew she was a virgin before I decided to date her, otherwise I wouldn't have since sex comes soon nowadays.

Now to the plus size women... No, I cannot date them. If there is such a thing as a soul-mate I found mine last fall.
She was perfect in every way except size. This was a long distance relationship that started, but once I knew our meeting was coming soon I had to end it. I knew she was plus size from the beginning, I just enjoyed our conversations so much that I kept it going as long as I could. Most men would probably refer to her as thick, not fat. To that I say BS, just check her BMI!
Don't get me wrong, she was attractive in the face, though British. You know, she had that British look to her. By the way, never tell someone they look British because they consider it an insult, even if they are. Haha.

There is much more to that story than I care to type- if you make assumptions, you'll more than likely be wrong.

Soul-mates are easier to find than body-mates for me.

I don't understand lazy people. I don't know why one would let their body go... I can understand if you have some medical condition that keeps you large, but otherwise c'mon! Why would any sane person want to be with someone who doesn't care about their health?

Edit
Before I get anymore hateful replies, let me say this:
If you women think you're not superficial or shallow, think again. We ALL have our own set of standards, some lower and some higher than others. Would you date a grotesque man in a wheelchair who is dirt poor, but has a winning personality? No! You know you wouldn't! It's not my fault my D*CK doesn't like women who my eyes dart away from. I'm not hurting anyone for not being into overweight women, and they're not hurting me by being on top! It's a win-win situation!

Last edited by LiamN79 on 12 Apr 2013, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.