[HAPPY THREAD] Post good things about love/dating!

Page 15 of 32 [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 32  Next

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 10:18 am

emlion wrote:
because things aren't always that easy.
if you've noticed i also have a lot of bad days where i need support and where things go wrong.
i don't think it's your right to judge if i need help of the forum, because i know i do sometimes.
but OTHER times, i'm happy & i love to hear about things that make other people happy too - it cheers me up when i'm sad.

again - if you have a problem, don't read, it's clearly labelled for what it is.

If you have an issue that I can help with, I'd be happy to help. In fact, I think that's one of the few ways I can actually feel happy (helping others, that is). But all this feeling happy for it's own sake just feels... wrong. I had to go off of prozac years ago because it was making me feel happy when I had no reason to be. It was scary, and I don't understand why people like to feel that way (happy for a reason is another story completely, and I guess you have your boyfriend to be happy for... I just wish I had something to be happy for, then I wouldn't be such an as*hole right now)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 10:24 am

Changing your 'woe is me' attitude is a good start.
No one can love you until you love yourself - cliche but true.

All I had were awful boyfriends until (for some of the time anyway) I felt I was worth something better - then something better came along.

You said helping people makes you happy right? well hearing about other peoples happiness makes me happy! I don't complain when you try and help people, so please don't complain when i'm just trying to generate the thing which makes me feel happy when i'm having a rough day.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 1:08 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
emlion wrote:
because things aren't always that easy.
if you've noticed i also have a lot of bad days where i need support and where things go wrong.
i don't think it's your right to judge if i need help of the forum, because i know i do sometimes.
but OTHER times, i'm happy & i love to hear about things that make other people happy too - it cheers me up when i'm sad.

again - if you have a problem, don't read, it's clearly labelled for what it is.

If you have an issue that I can help with, I'd be happy to help. In fact, I think that's one of the few ways I can actually feel happy (helping others, that is). But all this feeling happy for it's own sake just feels... wrong. I had to go off of prozac years ago because it was making me feel happy when I had no reason to be. It was scary, and I don't understand why people like to feel that way (happy for a reason is another story completely, and I guess you have your boyfriend to be happy for... I just wish I had something to be happy for, then I wouldn't be such an as*hole right now)

if i read your post right you won't something to be happy for, be happy for others.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 2:16 pm

emlion wrote:
Moog wrote:
I don't read this thread. :D

But you allow other people to enjoy it because you're a lovely person, yes? :)

I wouldn't put it like that, but yes. :lol:

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 3:10 pm

ok, happy happy!
i love that everytime i have a ridiculous meltdown , cry and scream and run away to hide, my husband leaves me alone for half an hour, then comes kneel next to me and gives me a big cuddle :) i told him tonight that i really love this about him.
i love putting my head on his chest, held tight, in bed, and watching a movie together, even if i fall asleep halfway through regularly.
i love that he calls me at least twice a day from work and says "do i speak with the most beautiful woman in the world?"never gets old.....
i love knowing that he loves me :)

Last edited by ediself on 13 Dec 2010, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 3:27 pm

emlion wrote:
Flirting is super fun.
:heart:
Although some people think it's cheating? But the boyf says as long as I come home to him at night and don't actually do anything with anyone else - the words I say in a harmless way hurt no one. :3

Happiness is where it's at. La la la.

i'm getting the feeling we are sharing a boyfriend.......... :lol:

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 3:30 pm

haha; uh oh! :lol:

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 3:36 pm

I've come to realise that relationships, as hard as they may be to maintain sometimes, are most definitely worth the effort if you find the right person. I'm so happy* :P

*sorry if this comes across as gloating to anybody

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 6:41 pm

emlion wrote:

All I had were awful boyfriends until (for some of the time anyway) I felt I was worth something better - then something better came along.

You said helping people makes you happy right? well hearing about other peoples happiness makes me happy! I don't complain when you try and help people, so please don't complain when i'm just trying to generate the thing which makes me feel happy when i'm having a rough day.

this was very well-expressed.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 6:47 pm

emlion wrote:

I'm working on changing that, I had so many people talk some sense into me and reaffirm my positives. Like I said, when I'm in my one of my aspie doldrums I feel like a sh***y person. But there are so many people who have faith in me and I think when I do find that woman which I am confident enough to go beyond friends into a relationship, it will be something very special to me. I need to believe in myself and accept me for who I am.

And I'm surprised I written this after imbibing 22oz. of beer. I have a final I need to BS in since my teacher doesn't teach, you need to cheat to fail in this class.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 11:12 pm

I'm evening out, I think hitting a place where I might be going through some internal changes that will help guide me outward more. Online dating is okay but, its not really adding up to a lot and really I'd need something to change within myself if I want to get out more.

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

13 Dec 2010, 11:52 pm

Postures wrote:
I've come to realise that relationships, as hard as they may be to maintain sometimes, are most definitely worth the effort if you find the right person. I'm so happy* :P

*sorry if this comes across as gloating to anybody

You're not coming across as gloating, hon - I'm very happy for you. There's nothing like being with the right person, is there? The way his hand feels on the small of your back....how safe you feel when you're with him. I totally get it - and I'm glad you do, too. :)

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 4:14 pm

My bf and I celebrated our one month anniversary last night (even though it was on Thursday) with some delicious Chinese food with sparkling white grape juice in fancy champagne glasses. It was really romantic to me. You don't have to spend a fortune to make an evening special fellas! ^.^

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:02 pm

Erisad wrote:
You don't have to spend a fortune to make an evening special fellas! ^.^

Yes - I find pleasure in even the little things and the best things sometimes don't need to cost an arm and leg. When the time comes and I manage to be in a relationship for a good amount of time, I can see myself taking my girlfriend out for dinner at somewhere that is a happy balance between food, service and price, or I'll cook at home.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:17 pm

nthach wrote:
Erisad wrote:
You don't have to spend a fortune to make an evening special fellas! ^.^

Yes - I find pleasure in even the little things and the best things sometimes don't need to cost an arm and leg. When the time comes and I manage to be in a relationship for a good amount of time, I can see myself taking my girlfriend out for dinner at somewhere that is a happy balance between food, service and price, or I'll cook at home.

Exactly. There are plenty of places that can cater to that sort of thing. Besides, I would feel guilty if he spends a great amount of money on me. So it's really easier on both parties to find something that's both nice and affordable. >.<

The bf wanted to take me out to a nice Italian restaurant but I told him that wasn't necessary. Besides, I didn't pack anything really nice to wear so we decided to save that for a special occasion at a later date. XD

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 5:20 pm

Agreed. My favourite night ever was our one year anniversary.
Stayed in and watched movies, made a lovely dinner and stayed in bed all day. :heart:
perfect.