Page 15 of 20 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2015, 1:44 am

Gauldoth wrote:

Gee, and people claim I'm a mysogynist... :roll:

Ok, so let me ask you something: seeing as neither scientific data nor women's actual behavior seems to in any to back your assertion that women enjoy sex as much as men do, do you have anything at all to fall back on that actually does? I mean, aside from your obvious, ardent, inborn desire to believe that that is indeed the case? :roll:

Even if it's true that *most* women don't have as strong of a sex drive as most men, women who want sex as much as men do certainly DO EXIST. And if you know where to look they really aren't that hard to find. Artistic/bohemian/counterculture women are often of this type. You can sneer at me all you want but instead of doing that, don't take my word for it! Get off your butt and go out and meet some. Of course, if they don't want to have sex with you you'll come back here and call me a liar to bolster your own confirmation bias.

I'm just going to say that if my next gf doesn't want sex as much as I do, then either she has to put out to please me or I just might have to dump her in favor of a woman who does(PAY ATTENTION, rdos). Love and companionship are things that are important to me, but AFAIC romantic love is just friendship with sex on top.

So if most women don't want sex, then I'm certainly not going to date most women. I haven't had much experience with neurodiverse women but if they are the asexual type then I will definitely not date them. Like most guys, I have needs. And someone who cannot fulfill them is not worth my time and effort. There are certain mental conditions that cause women to have unusually strong sex drives, like bipolar and borderline. I am very find of bipolar people and have know and loved several(in fact, I generally like them more than other Aspies because they are uninhibited, confident, and serendipitous).

This study suggests most women have better sex in serious relationships(reaching an orgasm) than they do from one night stands....But it DOES NOT imply that women in relationships don't want sex any less so than men do.

The difference between male and female sexuality is not the magnitude of sexual desire, it's the greater selectivity of female sexual desire. This is why women compete with each other to get access to Chad McAlpha while they turn away beta male suitors until the eventually settle with a beta but will still bang an Alpha to get his seed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:12 am

So much sex talk yet no one is a sexologist.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:17 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Even if it's true that *most* women don't have as strong of a sex drive as most men, women who want sex as much as men do certainly DO EXIST.

Of course. Sex drive is normally distributed for each gender, so it is a given that some women at the tail of the distribution will want just as much sex as the average man.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
And if you know where to look they really aren't that hard to find. Artistic/bohemian/counterculture women are often of this type. You can sneer at me all you want but instead of doing that, don't take my word for it! Get off your butt and go out and meet some.

Not interested.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I'm just going to say that if my next gf doesn't want sex as much as I do, then either she has to put out to please me or I just might have to dump her in favor of a woman who does(PAY ATTENTION, rdos).

Sure, do as you wish. Just remember that you will severely limit your pool of partners, and that these women are as searched-for as the ones that are very attractive. If you're lucky you might find her, but then again she might get tired of you and go on to the next one as the sex you have gets boring to her.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Love and companionship are things that are important to me, but AFAIC romantic love is just friendship with sex on top.

It might be for you, but it's not so for everybody. For me, romantic love has nothing to do with neither friendship nor sex.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
The difference between male and female sexuality is not the magnitude of sexual desire, it's the greater selectivity of female sexual desire. This is why women compete with each other to get access to Chad McAlpha while they turn away beta male suitors until the eventually settle with a beta but will still bang an Alpha to get his seed.

I don't think so. You've already been disproved on this point.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:38 am

seriously this is still happening o.O

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2015, 3:41 am

rdos wrote:

Sure, do as you wish. Just remember that you will severely limit your pool of partners, and that these women are as searched-for as the ones that are very attractive. If you're lucky you might find her, but then again she might get tired of you and go on to the next one as the sex you have gets boring to her.

Funny that you should say this, because over the past few years I have actually seen several female members on WP complain about receiving unwanted attention from men hoping to get in the sack with them despite openly promulgating their disinterest in sex. What makes a woman *very attractive* to men is how she looks, NOT what she says she wants because even if she says she's completely asexual, men will interpret that as her playing hard-to-get. I don't focus on the super-attractive ones, and even met some women who are viewed as being bad looking by most men but still express overt interest in sex and even manage to find partners.

Quote:
It might be for you, but it's not so for everybody. For me, romantic love has nothing to do with neither friendship nor sex.

It is for the vast majority of human beings. You are the exception, not the rule.

Quote:
I don't think so. You've already been disproved on this point.

Nope. You have not managed to disprove me on this point for non-Autistic/NT women. Just for neurodiverse women who are in the minority.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 4:19 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I don't focus on the super-attractive ones, and even met some women who are viewed as being bad looking by most men but still express overt interest in sex and even manage to find partners.

I suspect you would. Super-attractive women don't need to offer sex in order to get male attention. They'll get enough attention even if they don't sleep with anybody. OTOH, less attractive women might compensate for their bad looks by offering more sex.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Quote:

It is for the vast majority of human beings. You are the exception, not the rule.

Maybe, but I don't have to accept how the majority views romantic love. Just as I don't have to accept love as a fleeting emotion, and dating as a superior way of finding love.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Nope. You have not managed to disprove me on this point for non-Autistic/NT women. Just for neurodiverse women who are in the minority.

Not really. I my study, NT women are twice as likely to identify as asexual as NT men. It's 4% against 2%, but the difference is significant and valid both in the US and Russia. In addition to that, you have the masturbation study that disproved your claim. Then add that many more women are lesbian than men are gay, and you have yet another group that don't like to have sex with you.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2015, 4:51 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
So if most women don't want sex, then I'm certainly not going to date most women

I’m sure they’ll be absolutely devastated to hear it. :roll:

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Yeah, I’ve heard that one before too. The problem is it would be kind of impossible for just the top 20% males to keep the majority of women all sexually satisfied if we assume that said women had a sex drive similar to that of the average man. The so-called Alphas’ bodies simply wouldn’t be able to take the strain, and the women would have to turn to lesser/beta males to satisfy their sexual urges (similar to how a man might sleep with a girl he doesn’t like or doesn’t find really attractive just because he’s horny, and no better choices are on offer at the time), which, as we know, they do not. So yeah, that’s BS too. Next?

Also quit trying to make this an Aspie/NT thing. Low libido in women isn’t an Aspie thing, it’s a woman thing. :roll:

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

Gauldoth wrote:
Also quit trying to make this an Aspie/NT thing. Low libido in women isn’t an Aspie thing, it’s a woman thing. :roll:

It's actually both. It is a woman thing, but it is more pronounced in Aspies/neurodiverse people. Well, maybe low libido is a unique woman thing as asexuality in Aspies isn't a libido thing at all.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I don't focus on the super-attractive ones, and even met some women who are viewed as being bad looking by most men but still express overt interest in sex and even manage to find partners.

I suspect you would. Super-attractive women don't need to offer sex in order to get male attention. They'll get enough attention even if they don't sleep with anybody. OTOH, less attractive women might compensate for their bad looks by offering more sex.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Quote:

Maybe, but I don't have to accept how the majority views romantic love. Just as I don't have to accept love as a fleeting emotion, and dating as a superior way of finding love.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

Not really. I my study, NT women are twice as likely to identify as asexual as NT men. It's 4% against 2%, but the difference is significant and valid both in the US and Russia. In addition to that, you have the masturbation study that disproved your claim. Then add that many more women are lesbian than men are gay, and you have yet another group that don't like to have sex with you.

What is the total number of participants in your study?I looked at your methodology and it stated that you conducted a survey among members of WP and AFF. What percentage of them identified themselves as NT?

I'd like to see some survey data where there are at least 100,000 participants, all of them straight or bisexual female, and not from sites specifically for people on the Autistic spectrum.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
What is the total number of participants in your study?

Depends on what part you mean. In the article on peer-review, I used two datasets with 16,000 answers + the Russian with close to 1,000 to calculate the frequencies, but the question about asexuality itself has close to 100,000 answers. However, with such big differences even 1,000 answers is overkill.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I looked at your methodology and it stated that you conducted a survey among members of WP and AFF. What percentage of them identified themselves as NT?

Not at all. Only a few percent of the participants are from WP or AFF. The score distributions are typically 1/3 for each of neurodiverse, mixed and neurotypical, but it differs somewhat from time to time.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm

rdos wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
What is the total number of participants in your study?

Depends on what part you mean. In the article on peer-review, I used two datasets with 16,000 answers + the Russian with close to 1,000 to calculate the frequencies, but the question about asexuality itself has close to 100,000 answers. However, with such big differences even 1,000 answers is overkill.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I looked at your methodology and it stated that you conducted a survey among members of WP and AFF. What percentage of them identified themselves as NT?

Not at all. Only a few percent of the participants are from WP or AFF. The score distributions are typically 1/3 for each of neurodiverse, mixed and neurotypical, but it differs somewhat from time to time.

In that case, where else did you conduct this survey? Did you take into account the huge economic and cultural differences between the US and Russia when it comes to relationships and sex(particularly because Russians have FAR less personal and economic freedom than Americans do-that's why it matters)?

Now you attribute feminism for the meteoric rise of single motherhood in the US but you are disregarding another explanation which is far less conspiratorial: The fact that American women are no longer dependent economically on men for financial support; EVEN when they get pregnant and have kids. So when you combine the availability of contraception, abortion on demand, and the ability of women to be single mothers without a partner to serve as provider, their reproductive and sexual behavior has changed drastically.

The fact that women favor quantity over quality when it comes to sexual partners has a logical explanation that you have conveniently omitted: The fact that the number of children a woman can have potentially is a fraction of what a man can potentially have! A man can potentially father thousands of children whereas very few women(<1%) could possibly have 20 children even if they tried. A father with good(enough) genes is just as important to them(and often moreso when they can support themselves) as the guarantee of paternal involvement. A key piece of evidence for this is the fact that rock musicians and professional athletes literally have scores of women eager to have casual sex with them. And yes, these men are a minority but women who do shag such men realize that these guys are not going to stick around and provide for their offspring if they get pregnant.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2015, 4:53 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I'd like to see some survey data where there are at least 100,000 participants, all of them straight or bisexual female, and not from sites specifically for people on the Autistic spectrum.

We've already showed you several studies that back up our claims, and you dismissed them off-hand simply because they didn't tell you bwhat you wanted to hear, all the while giving us nothing except opinion pieces of women talking about how much they supposedly love sex as "evidence to support yours. Don't you think you're asking a bit much of us here? :roll:

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2015, 4:59 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
The fact that women favor quantity over quality when it comes to sexual partners has a logical explanation that you have conveniently omitted: The fact that the number of children a woman can have potentially is a fraction of what a man can potentially have! A man can potentially father thousands of children whereas very few women(<1%) could possibly have 20 children even if they tried. A father with good(enough) genes is just as important to them(and often moreso when they can support themselves) as the guarantee of paternal involvement. A key piece of evidence for this is the fact that rock musicians and professional athletes literally have scores of women eager to have casual sex with them. And yes, these men are a minority but women who do shag such men realize that these guys are not going to stick around and provide for their offspring if they get pregnant.

That's an explanation as to why women might've evolved into less sexually-driven beings than men, not an argument proving they're not. :roll:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

...Hm .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

C'mon folks,

Every man is different.

Every woman is different.

Some woman are horny as heck.

Some men just don't care.

Forget all the studies; they mean nothing within your own personal experience.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2015, 6:35 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
C'mon folks,

Every man is different.

Every woman is different.

Some woman are horny as heck.

Some men just don't care.

Forget all the studies; they mean nothing within your own personal experience.

I agree. That's why I'm skeptical of statistical studies about what people want as when I actually apply them IRL, their predictions don't agree with the results I get.

Now keep in mind, Mr rdos, that your statistical data project collected results using the AspieQuiz which is designed to analyze certain dimensions of ones personality as an indicator of autism. So think of all those women out there who didn't take it(which is the millions in my country)but might've seen it since they don't have it nor had any curiosity about it? Just a thought.

@Gauldoth: I wasn't trying to prove anything with that explanation I offered. But it is an explanation that is far more consistent with the fact that for certain VERY desirable men, women will put out sexually on a casual basis even though such men are relatively rare.