Do you miss someone right now?

Page 143 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146 ... 170  Next

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2016, 6:03 am

Tellus wrote:
I miss people all the time, but it's not because they are physically gone.

I currently have/used to have a boyfriend/best friend who lives about five minutes away from me. However, we don't really see each other or talk everyday like we used to. (This happens all the time with me, with everyone. It's exhausting because my special interest is usually the person who then leaves me. Having a specific person as a special interest is, in general, difficult anyways because they are unpredictable and not always available.)
I am very intense and need a lot of attention from people (or else I'll view it as rejection or abandonment.) In the beginning they enjoy those traits and are as intense as me, but for them it always fades after a short amount of time. This is not to say I don't get tired with people, but I'm insecure and take it very personal when people "lose interest" in me.
I miss him very much, but I can't exactly force him to want to interact with me. I've tried, sort of, but I don't think people like possessive people ( Which I am, very much) :oops:

I strongly relate to what you said about the one you like becoming your special interest. I've been there many times, it is almost like setting yourself up to be depressed if they don't show it in return. You are a very sweet and caring person for doing that even though others may not appreciate it. This saddens my heart even more as I've even been guilty of trying to push people away even though I did want them in my life. I just don't know how to react to people at times so I become defensive. If he has a heart he will feel bad about it, if he doesn't he wasn't worth it to begin with. If you haven't already, tell him everything you just said in that post. I'm sorry, people can be jerks, even those of us that don't intend to be.

Allygirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2016, 5:07 pm

I miss my grandfather. :( He was a soldier in the Korean War, and won a Purple Heart medal for his bravery. :) He also was part of the Tripp Foundation in New York State. He was a great grandfather, and had a great interest in many things, art, fishing, watching old movies, etc. :heart: :wink: He also LOVED to play "Santa" and give gifts to the young and old. He had a library of books (mostly humorous books, historical tidbits, fishing books, magazines, and a collection of many other genres). He was interested in the latest technology, and he had a very "impish" sense of humor...He was quite an o'l rascal sometimes, even for his old, OLD age... :lol: His favorite holidays were probably Christmas and Thanksgiving. He also visited me, my older brother, and my parents each Sunday night for dinner (...that is, before we moved away, and I started 9th grade...). Last year was my first Christmas without him, and I cried a little bit, because he was dealing with a long battle with cancer. :cry: As much as the holidays were fun, I know it will still never be the same without him. :cry: One day, I will meet you again, Pop. :heart: Just not until I'm 93 or something around that age... :( Until then, I still miss you greatly. :cry:

(Other than that, I'm a pretty happy girl in general. Confidence is with me wherever I go... 8) :lol: :) )

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2016, 2:40 am

Missing my bf. I really need to be held right now.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 7:34 pm

Thought I saw my ex in town today, felt a briefly irrational pang of nostalgia. Mostly it's an old friend I miss. Not because she is necessarily 'gone' from my life though we no longer see each other face to face, but because the person she became as we grew up is so drastically divergent from my own personality, we had no common ground to base a single, decent conversation upon. Sad, that. We used to make big dreams together as kids.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 7:45 pm

I miss my grandfather, William J McGough.

He made his grandchildren call him Bill, he was a man of peace even though he served in WW2 and bore the scars of a POW, I very much miss sitting up to stupid o'clock with him singing his songs and hearing his wisdom.

Cheers Bill, you wonderful old bastard.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 5:42 pm

I miss my ex-ENFP. We both got stubborn. I wasn't going to stand for the cockroach infested apartment and not allowed to do anything about it, because of her perceived health threat to her asthma.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2016, 6:28 pm

sorry to hear that

sounds like your problems could have been easily overcome
with a simple accomodation move
shame

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 5:31 pm

I hate to admit it, but yup. I made a huge effort to get myself as far away from this person as I could and it turns out I miss him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 6:25 pm

^^^why'd you distance yourself from him? :scratch:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 1:35 am

auntblabby wrote:

He wasn't interested in me. It was best for me just to move on. Creating physical distance seemed the most sensible thing to do to get over him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 1:41 am

hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

He wasn't interested in me. It was best for me just to move on. Creating physical distance seemed the most sensible thing to do to get over him.

he is not the only fish in the sea. you can and will do better than him.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2016, 8:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No there isn't. There's no one left the pond. Don't get to be loved. Some people just don't get to find anyone.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 4:33 am

hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No there isn't. There's no one left the pond. Don't get to be loved. Some people just don't get to find anyone.

I feel the same way, but I am thankful that the advantage I have is that I am relatively close to the exit [age] while you have a few more decades to try to figure it out. in the meantime, the best advice I ever got, was from ben franklin, "keep silent and as a fool be thought, rather than open one's mouth and remove all doubt." if you speak sparingly, you accomplish at least 3 good things- 1]set up an aura of irresistible mystery, 2]minimize the chances of putting foot-in-mouth, and 3]give yourself time to formulate on-point responses that have a minimum of faux pas in them. the beauty of this is it can be kept up indefinitely. just a thought from an old geezer :bigsmurf:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2016, 7:33 am

^ I am the complete opposite. I prefer to open my mouth and say exactly what's on my mind. It all blurts out anyway. That's a good thing. People need to know who you are, as long as you own it you're mostly fine.

noumenon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2016, 7:18 pm

smudge wrote:
^ I am the complete opposite. I prefer to open my mouth and say exactly what's on my mind. It all blurts out anyway. That's a good thing. People need to know who you are, as long as you own it you're mostly fine.

I am very opinionated, I need people in my life that are also that way in order to have discussions and exchange ideas. Sadly it is rather difficult to find, so I just conversate with myself in my head, it is better company that way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2016, 1:49 am

I get along better with myself and me, than I do with anybody else. :alien: :jester: :nerdy: