How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 17 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 10:39 am

I messaged this girl about a month ago and asked 'Woah, is that a f*cking AK?' Her pic was of her shooting an AK at a range in Vietnam. She replied and we talked for a bit, but I didn't find her attractive at all, I just liked the pic of a girl with a gas operated 39mm firearm. She was a bit weird when I politely tried to get away from her. Awkward.

waitykatie
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2012, 9:21 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
I messaged this girl about a month ago and asked 'Woah, is that a f*cking AK?'

Hm. I have an AK. Piece of crap, but it'll do in a pinch. Do Aspie guys like chicks with guns?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2012, 11:37 pm

I'm on it, and I quite enjoy it. I found my last boyfriend on there. I have an ex, who is now my best mate, who joined fairly recently and he is my top match, so I do trust the matching system. That is also a bit disheartening though, to see that my highest match is someone who I ultimately wasn't compatible with in a relationship!

I have also come to the conclusion that the people I would like to meet most are from Portland, OR. This is a shame since I am in Melbourne, Australia. :?

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 3:42 am

waitykatie wrote:
I messaged this girl about a month ago and asked 'Woah, is that a f*cking AK?'

Do Aspie guys like chicks with guns?

I know my interest is piqued when I see a girl with a gun :wink:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 4:33 am

I'm on it.
Er, was.
I found a wonderful, Aspie-ish man.

to his Interest."

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 7:20 am

Not very successful. I do get a new message every other day or so, ( I think it's not bad considering my age and I don't have cleavage photos), but none of them are from someone I find attractive.
There was this one guy who wrote nice messages, and we decided to meet up but after we set the date he stopped replying. I wonder if this happens a lot with online dating. I'm starting to suspect they are someone hired by the website to keep the members entertained. But he probably just lost interest in me. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that I was 'rather asocial' in my last message?

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 1:07 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Not very successful. I do get a new message every other day or so, ( I think it's not bad considering my age and I don't have cleavage photos), but none of them are from someone I find attractive.
There was this one guy who wrote nice messages, and we decided to meet up but after we set the date he stopped replying. I wonder if this happens a lot with online dating. I'm starting to suspect they are someone hired by the website to keep the members entertained. But he probably just lost interest in me. Maybe I shouldn't have told him that I was 'rather asocial' in my last message?

I'm really bad about putting all my "pecadillos" out there in the very beginning. Makes sense, at face-value- better they know my quirks and limitations now rather than find out later, and have a painful separation and time and energy waster. But I've lately come to find it best to ease into discussing things like that, definitely after the first meeting. Gives them times to like you for you. Not saying all NT's (or people in general) will turn heel and run, but they might be hesitant about certain things, and already knowing or liking you makes all the difference in whether they'll decide to pursue something serious.

to his Interest."

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 6:01 pm

You have a point, ValentineWiggin. I'll keep that in mind next time!

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:55 am

I made one yesterday and have seen about 2 girls in my area and age range that seemed really awesome and the site said we matched up pretty well... I just have no idea about how to go about contact lol 0_0.

AussieMatty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 May 2012, 4:53 am

I joined it today and got in contact of few women already. Mostly in my country though.

Still hoping this site does not fail me like previous ones. I fear most women on there are really picky!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 5:40 am

I got a "hi how r u" message yesterday from someone with two lines of txt spk in their profile. I'm having trouble dumbing myself down enough so I can effectively reply.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 9:58 am

blue_bean wrote:
I got a "hi how r u" message yesterday from someone with two lines of txt spk in their profile. I'm having trouble dumbing myself down enough so I can effectively reply.

Don't. I have a line on my profile

PLZ NO TXT SPK M8. I also find people who recycle TV catchphrases incredibly irritating and a bit boring really, so no No Likey No Lighty or Simples or any of that bollocks either, thanks.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 11:05 am

blue_bean wrote:

Don't. I have a line on my profile

PLZ NO TXT SPK M8. I also find people who recycle TV catchphrases incredibly irritating and a bit boring really, so no No Likey No Lighty or Simples or any of that bollocks either, thanks.

What are No Lighty and Simples?

Are they like:
Huggles!
Meow?
I scritches youz!! !

I have friends that say these kinds of things both in chat and in person. I try to avoid them.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd78KkZkVNY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIKy3-mnLk&feature=related[/youtube]

GAWD ALMIGHTY

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:59 pm

For those of you that have access to British television check out Take Me Out on ITV for a good laugh before you hit the town. Or just look up "ITV Take Me Out Fail" on YouTube for some of the more hilarious clips. Remember though this isn't a projection of how every NT in the world is. It's a bit of fun :)

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Try doing IT in a call centre. Jesus wept. People really are thick.