Interracial Dating and double standards

Page 17 of 21 [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:07 pm

Stop obsessing!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:19 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Stop obsessing!

You can have your obsessions, and I can have mine. :wink:

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Aug 2013, 4:36 pm

I date interracially (not always, but often) and when I do it's not for any reason except that the human being I like happens to be a different color from me, BUT I object on principle to the idea that people in couples are supposed to "match." It seems really ridiculous to me that there is always the assumption that a black person has a black partner, a white person has a white partner, etc. I don't quite believe what my dad says, that maybe we shouldn't even be allowed to marry our own race because then everyone would mix together until we stopped being idiots about race - only because then you're still putting limits on who people can love, and Ibelieve love has no limits - but I think, if you fall in love with a person of another race, great. If you fall in love with a person of your same race, also great. But it shouldn't be the assumption.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Heaven for me, is were God lives.
But heaven on earth would be: A wife who shares mutual love both intense and comforting, a Japanese house, a Salary that I can raise kids on, and a polish/german cook.

You just make me hungry for sushi. I'm going to make sushi tomorrow now.

I need to buy eggs, cucumber, tuna, salmon, some nori, obviously rice, surimi ...
i've already got avocado

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 8:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
This is kind of a sidebar issue.

Before I met my wife, I tried "dating" the single and available Caucasian women around me. They all turned me down. After I met my wife, and it became generally known that we were dating, the very same Caucasian women seemed unhappy about it.

Where I worked at the time, there were several racks of comm equipment along one wall. My job was to make periodic checks on the equipment, and the access points were behind the racks. One day I was behind the racks, doing my job, when a few of the women gathered up front (apparently, they didn't know I was there). Almost immediately, they started talking about my girlfriend (future wife) and I. They said things like: "I really hate those Asian girls - coming to our country and stealing our jobs and our men ..." and "What is it with Fnord? Why does he have to date one of those <bleeping> Asian girls when there are plenty of us white girls to ask out?" and "Stupid men and those <bleeping> <racist epithets>, anyway ...".

They didn't want this white guy, yet they complained when this white guy started dating an Asian girl. What the fork? :wink:

Returning to this question, I recently watched (on the recommendation of a strident Feminist) the movie The Stepford Wives.

One scene in the movie reminded me of one of the key unpleasant characteristics of our women

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHFWjZ1d7Vc[/youtube]

Our women love nothing better than to get together to whine, moan and complain, generally about men. And, they will exaggerate things to try to outdo each other how despicable their men are. And, they will exchange tips about how to manipulate their men into doing what they want.

Fnord (and others) can back me up on this: an Asian wife would absolutely never publicly denigrate her husband. When Asian wives get together, they will also exaggerate, but typically in the other direction, and try to outdo each other over how great their husband is, his college degrees, professional achievements and awards, and what an excellent provider he is, and how wonderfully their children are doing in school. They're much more interested in saving face for their families, and it would be shameful for them to be perceived as seeking to humiliate their husbands.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 8:53 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Stop obsessing!

I thought obsessing was normal for an aspie! :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Stop obsessing!

I thought obsessing was normal for an aspie! :lol:

That's right. We can obsess all day and all night, about just about anything.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:21 pm

Including those caramel-skinned Goddesses in SE Asia and India!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:33 pm

Shau wrote:

At least I gave up collecting stamps and baseball cards a long time ago.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:38 pm

What's annoying to most white women isn't that you praise Asian women, or women from any race in general. It's the fact that you denigrate white women to do it by making generalisations that might be very far from true in an individual.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm

What's annoying to many women (the ones I've talked to, at least), is when they start dating outside of their race, not only do the women of the race of the men they're dating disrespect them for "Stealing their man" (even if they've turned him down repeatedly), but the woman's friends and family members will also deride and disrespect her for dating someone "other than one of their own".

And if they should ever marry, they may as well expect to spend the rest of their lives outside of their former social (and familial) circles.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 10:56 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
What's annoying to most white women isn't that you praise Asian women, or women from any race in general. It's the fact that you denigrate white women to do it by making generalisations that might be very far from true in an individual.

Not sure why other guys go after Asians, I just like the way they look. Disassortative mating has me firmly in it's clutches!

ArrantPariah wrote:
Shau wrote:

At least I gave up collecting stamps and baseball cards a long time ago.

Not sure if I get the joke.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 11:38 pm

puddingmouse wrote:

You're on a different continent than I am. Probably women in Europe are nicer.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 2:23 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GImhqWN0bNY[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 3:05 am

^ it's mostly abt height after all eh? White men are taller, that's why Asian girls (and middle eastern) prefer them.
Have you noticed how often they mentioned height-related things?

She wants more smartness from Asian guys? lol Their peoples usually score highest at math.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 4:48 am

Here is a nice clips.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KKwkSsZemA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5ODsf_TEk[/youtube]