Reasons why you're a bad catch

Page 18 of 32 [ 504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 32  Next

Sean_91
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

1. Social Anxiety
2. Difficulty picking up certain social cues on the spot (I'll normally pick them up anywhere from a few seconds to several hours later)
3. Difficulty initiating conversation with strangers
4. I'm uncomfortable talking to people I don't know (unless I am in a place where I feel comfortable and confident enough to talk to people)
5. I don't have my driver's license
6. I have no form of transportation, unless it is spending all my money on taxis or riding my city's crappy bus system. A car would be very beneficial in this case.
7. Poor communication skills (unless I am somewhere that I am comfortable and feel that I can be myself)
8. Currently going through a lot of stress (family health problems, financial trouble, no transportation)
9. I don't come across as an NT (especially true when I am under lots of stress and anxiety)

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:31 pm

I see cleaning the house as "you couldn't find anything better to do".

I was told I laugh too much.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

curlyfry wrote:
I see cleaning the house as "you couldn't find anything better to do".

I was told I laugh too much.

these two things are quite awesome.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 4:42 pm

Because I'm a socially awkward, bumbling, nebbish, nerdy, autistic fool who's never had a girlfriend and I'm nearly 29.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

I don't mind the smell of sweat on myself from working out

I like to talk to myself and sign to myself in public places

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 8:22 pm

I don't know how to express my feelings, so nobody ever knows when I'm interested in them.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I don't know how to express my feelings, so nobody ever knows when I'm interested in them.

Damn. :(

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Oh, it gets much worse. I confuse my own feelings. Half the time I have no idea what's going on in my own head and mistake feelings of love with feelings of friendship (and the other way around)

I suppose this is normal for AS, but it still really freaking sucks.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 11:15 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Oh, it gets much worse. I confuse my own feelings. Half the time I have no idea what's going on in my own head and mistake feelings of love with feelings of friendship (and the other way around)

I know that feeling all too well.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

I wouldn't know how to make myself lovable to a women. :P

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 8:06 am

kittie wrote:
Is it bad that quite a few of these reasons for people being a bad catch would actually make me attracted to the person? :P

No. A lot of the things people have listed here aren't really all that dreadful.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 8:51 am

Yet another amendment:

- Unmitigated Aspie dork

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Simply being the way I am makes me incompatible with anyone whatsoever.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

01 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

Confused feelings are normal for humans.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 11:58 am

Sometimes I say the wrong thing.

But at least when I realize I've said the wrong thing, I can clarify and apologize because I have autism so I know I can unintentionally miscommunicate when I have no desire to upset anyone. When other people do it, they're just jackwagons. So +1 for aspies.

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm

I need to work out some issues with the opposite sex before I even consider a relationship.

Other times, I just know they're not the type for me, especially if I feel they're 'out of my league', too good for me, etc.

Example:
You're outgoing. I'm mostly aloof. You constantly talk of getting high, drunk, etc. on a weekly basis. I'll drink, but not nearly enough at the rate to destroy my liver like you are. Plus, I not attracted to women who smoke. I like a routine. You're very spontaneous. You love getting attention. I do not, plus I might not be able to give you attention like you want me to, or I might give you WAY too much of it. You're impatient, and you can't be dealing with me. You seem to be arrogant, a practical narcissist, when it comes to how attractive you think you are, and your ability to attract men. I don't like people like that. That's why we'll never work.