"Friends with benefits" is nonsense.

Page 18 of 19 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 8:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Oh, when an alpha male does it, it’s not called abuse; it’s called putting someone in their place.

Believe what you like, but being a confident, extroverted male who values physical prowess doesn't make one an abuser.

In nature, most of the violence happens at the beta level, not the alpha level.

Don't you know the difference between alpha and beta? You know what they means?

Here a useful link about it: http://tobealpha.com/alpha-vs-beta-males/

Alpha males are triggers to violence due to their competitive nature while beta males react to violence.

Wrong. I’m 6’2” 202.5lbs approx 12.5% body fat and I know a lot of similarly, or stronger, built Alpha males who are successful in their careers/businesses, social lives, finances, sex lives etc and not one single one of them is violent or an abuser - even though many are also martial artists and some spar competitively. It takes an incredible amount of discipline & self control to to the diet and exercise required to build a a a strong healthy body, and even more to train in martial arts etc. Every single one of us uses our strength to lift others up, not push them down. We’re defenders and protectors, not attackers.

This.

Real alpha males are confident in themselves and each other.

It's beta males who constantly have to prove themselves.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 8:45 pm

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Didn’t say it did just Inch of abusers are also alpha males.

Some. But very few compared to the number of angry abusive beta males of the world. Same goes for many other societal problems. Most of the domestic violence police calls are to poor neighbourhoods full of abusive males, not to well off areas with successful alphas.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2018, 9:18 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Some. But very few compared to the number of angry abusive beta males of the world. Same goes for many other societal problems. Most of the domestic violence police calls are to poor neighbourhoods full of abusive males, not to well off areas with successful alphas.

I've never really bought in to the whole alpha/beta-male thing so can you explain it to me? It seems you think alpha means just successful in everything and great body and sex-life etc. so is beta the opposite of that?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:22 pm

Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

I've never really bought in to the whole alpha/beta-male thing so can you explain it to me? It seems you think alpha means just successful in everything and great body and sex-life etc. so is beta the opposite of that?

Yes, he is.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 10:44 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Only thing I know is alphas are successful due to their confidence, physical and social abilities. While betas are submissive, shy, and suck socially. Which is why betas aren’t successful in work and romance. To get ahead in work you need to be confident and ruffless to others. Lie, cheat sabotage others anything to get ahead of others. I can’t do that I, not at all competitive or I try not to be anyways. I’d rather help people then shove them down.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 12:38 am

sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Only thing I know is alphas are successful due to their confidence, physical and social abilities. While betas are submissive, shy, and suck socially. Which is why betas aren’t successful in work and romance. To get ahead in work you need to be confident and ruffless to others. Lie, cheat sabotage others anything to get ahead of others. I can’t do that I, not at all competitive or I try not to be anyways. I’d rather help people then shove them down.

You have it part right, but also oh so wrong.

Yes, Alphas are confident and tend to have physical and social abilities. Betas tend to be as you describe.

It’s not true that you have to be ruthless to others to get ahead in work. You don’t have to lie, cheat, or sabotage others in order to get ahead, either. You have a very twisted interpretation of what it takes to be successful. Most successful people are very hard working and earn their job status & financial wealth by years, decades, of consistent hard work. They don’t take anything from anyone. They earn their own.

You are right that Alphas are competitive. They compete with others to win whatever prize/resource in life, and also with themselves always trying to do better than they have before in everything they do.

Here’s where you’re wrong again: To be competitive does not mean pushing others down. It means using one’s own strength and capabilities to win. Strength is for lifting people up, not pushing them down.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 2:29 am

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Yes, Alphas are confident and tend to have physical and social abilities. Betas tend to be as you describe.

It’s not true that you have to be ruthless to others to get ahead in work. You don’t have to lie, cheat, or sabotage others in order to get ahead, either. You have a very twisted interpretation of what it takes to be successful. Most successful people are very hard working and earn their job status & financial wealth by years, decades, of consistent hard work. They don’t take anything from anyone. They earn their own.

You are right that Alphas are competitive. They compete with others to win whatever prize/resource in life, and also with themselves always trying to do better than they have before in everything they do.

Here’s where you’re wrong again: To be competitive does not mean pushing others down. It means using one’s own strength and capabilities to win. Strength is for lifting people up, not pushing them down.

Competitive personalities are found mostly extroverted who are cocky and overwhelming. They tend to be narcissists and selfish. Look at many Instagram profiles. Look at how much privileges they get once they have prized and resourced themselves.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 2:48 am

Ecomatt91 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Competitive personalities are found mostly extroverted who are cocky and overwhelming. They tend to be narcissists and selfish. Look at many Instagram profiles. Look at how much privileges they get once they have prized and resourced themselves.

I don’t use Instagram but I know what it is. How are they pushing others down by promoting & elevating themselves? There’s a Big difference and you’re failing to see it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 3:01 am

goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Most suceful executives an millionaires alphabet and do horrible stuff.
Most companies use close to slave labor and violate environmental laws all the time.
Lawyers get murders and criminals off all the time to make a dime. Criminals kill and get people on drugs to make money. Car salesman lie to people all the time to make money.
Same goes for all sales people. Telephone operators.
Apple just got caught lying to people about repairs that they don’t need. Oh mechanics do this all the time.

To get promoted others have to fail. It’s a dog eat dog world as I constantly hear it describe as. So no most successful people hurt others at some point or another and crossed some ethical lines too. They are falling on their swords to help others.

Example I’m not willing to talk people into to buying things they can’t afford that they don’t really need just so my company makes more money. That’s how you get ahead in sales world. That and stealing sales from other workers. Pushing people to get credit cards so they can spend more money they don’t have and hopefully go into debt so the credit card workers can rake them over in interest. But guess those people aren’t harming anyone :roll: guess bankers who tricked people into houses then evicted them from said houses didn’t hurt anyone and they made money got promotions succeeded in life. Yay

So but no thanks I don’t want any part of your dog eat dog world

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 3:31 am

sly279 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Loner269 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Alpha male =/= abuser.

Yes, he is.

Most suceful executives an millionaires alphabet and do horrible stuff.
Most companies use close to slave labor and violate environmental laws all the time.
Lawyers get murders and criminals off all the time to make a dime. Criminals kill and get people on drugs to make money. Car salesman lie to people all the time to make money.
Same goes for all sales people. Telephone operators.
Apple just got caught lying to people about repairs that they don’t need. Oh mechanics do this all the time.

To get promoted others have to fail. It’s a dog eat dog world as I constantly hear it describe as. So no most successful people hurt others at some point or another and crossed some ethical lines too. They are falling on their swords to help others.

Example I’m not willing to talk people into to buying things they can’t afford that they don’t really need just so my company makes more money. That’s how you get ahead in sales world. That and stealing sales from other workers. Pushing people to get credit cards so they can spend more money they don’t have and hopefully go into debt so the credit card workers can rake them over in interest. But guess those people aren’t harming anyone :roll: guess bankers who tricked people into houses then evicted them from said houses didn’t hurt anyone and they made money got promotions succeeded in life. Yay

So but no thanks I don’t want any part of your dog eat dog world

You have a very distorted view of how millionaires earn their money.

It's not by lying, cheating, and stealing. Cops, firefighters, plumbers, taxi drivers, teachers.. many of these people are millionaires - especially here where housing prices have skyrocketed. Hell, my own parents. My father is a drywaller & has been steel stud framing and putting up drywall for 44 years. He has some savings/investments, used to own half of another house, has his home, pension plan blah blah. Even without the few hundred K inheritance my mother well receive when her mom's estate is sold off, my parents net worth exceeds $1M (in large part because property values really went up.) & that wealth was built by doing hard work for 44 years in a trade that pays less than many other trades, being very careful with money as he has a wife & 4 kids to raise. Anyways, you mistakenly speak as if people who have a net worth of $1M+ are some sort of despicable evil type of person who lies, cheats, steals, rapes/pillages etc to get as much money for themselves as they can and that simply isn't true. They earn it, very slowly, bit by bit with hard work, and then they invest it wisely and patiently grow their fortunes over decades. And some earn a lot of money in a short period of time because they do something particularly lucrative - like my friend Mark who makes good money with his software business.. but he does it because he's passionate about that type of computer programming for car ECU's; he's just very lucky it's also very lucrative and provides a good life for him, his wife and two kids. MOST millionaires I know are hard working nice people. Very few get to be highly successful & build very much wealth by being jerks. People don't like jerks and don't give them their money for sales/revenues. Karma also tends to take many jerks out of business, too. But sometimes one slips through and becomes a Billionaire and then the POTUS, but that's exceedingly rare and people still can't believe it really happened.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 3:57 am

I think one of the problems here is that we need to define what alpha means.

If alpha refers to being at the top of something, then I would be considered alpha in terms of intelligence, future income and health.

My iq is in the top 1%, my future income will be in the top 1%, and my physical health is atleast in the top 10 %, or maybe even 5%.

Though I would never descibe myself as alpha, as when I think alpha, I think socially dominant. Which by nature I am not, I'm neither dominant nor submissive. I only act or fake being dominant when I'm trying to get laid for example.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 8:07 am

Closet Genious wrote:

If alpha refers to being at the top of something, then I would be considered alpha in terms of intelligence, future income and health.

My iq is in the top 1%, my future income will be in the top 1%, and my physical health is atleast in the top 10 %, or maybe even 5%.

Though I would never descibe myself as alpha, as when I think alpha, I think socially dominant. Which by nature I am not, I'm neither dominant nor submissive. I only act or fake being dominant when I'm trying to get laid for example.

Alpha don't necessarily have High IQ, IQ is useful for solving problems and academics; what Alphas have in common (think of successful CEOs) is a high social intelligence. Some are blessed with both (ie. Mark zuckerberg) - of course some industries such as scientific and high tech industries often require to be led by people (who are often the initial founders) who have a high 'academic/problem-solving' type of IQ (Which we call...IQ) and specialized in STEM as well in order to be successful.

Richard Branson for example, the founder of Virgin group was dyslexic and drop out, he certainly didn't have the high IQ - but had the will, the character and the social intelligence.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 8:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:

Alpha don't necessarily have High IQ, IQ is useful for solving problems and academics; what Alphas have in common (think of successful CEOs) is a high social intelligence. Some are blessed with both (ie. Mark zuckerberg) - of course some industries such as scientific and high tech industries often require to be led by people (who are often the initial founders) who have a high 'academic/problem-solving' type of IQ (Which we call...IQ) and specialized in STEM as well in order to be successful.

Richard Branson for example, the founder of Virgin group was dyslexic and drop out, he certainly didn't have the high IQ - but had the will, the character and the social intelligence.

^ This.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 8:56 am

Well.. that was kind of my point.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 9:32 am

Well, with high IQ, I assume that really means you possess a lot of knowledge and superior reasoning ability. All good stuff.

The social bit...earning a lot of money depends on how responsible you are for the things you have. You can have a high IQ and all the talent in the world. If people don’t believe in you, or you can’t convince people to take your side and be on your team, all the intellect and ability will not help you.

Zuckerberg came up with an idea that solved a particular technological problem that brought people together. It wasn’t the first time anyone had done this. But people barely remember MySpace because Facebook proved more effective. There was a versatility and dynamic over time with Facebook that other social media lagged on.

The more you reach out to people and the more responsible you prove yourself to be with those you’re in charge of, the more you’re trusted with more resources. Anybody really can be a billionaire if they want. It’s a question of whether you REALLY want to be.

Like it or not Trump is president. He happens to be a billionaire. When you consider how much hate and scrutiny he’s faced with that he’s never had to deal with before, and when you consider what’s happening with his family and friends that NEVER happened before 2016, would you really WANT to be the leader of a country? And given how high the stakes are, would you want to work for him or even be associated with him? It takes a lot of risk. Most people I know are stressed out as it is earning $30k to $50k INDIVIDUALLY with total family income in the $80k to $100k range. Can you imagine earning millions and billions a year with every penny being scrutinized, thousands of employees that have to be paid, and potential lawsuits lurking around every corner from people you never heard of? Most people really aren’t up for it. These people are surrounded by teams of lawyers and accountants for a good reason.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 11:26 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Believe what you like, but being a confident, extroverted male who values physical prowess doesn't make one an abuser.

In nature, most of the violence happens at the beta level, not the alpha level.

I hope you enjoy putting words in my mouth again, but that doesn't change the fact that I never said them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.