Page 18 of 20 [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 2:58 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I don't buy that the polyamory is connected to neurodiversity. Polyamorous people tend to be highly gregarious and so they have a lot of opportunity to find new/additional partners.

That's why we would expect to see a negative correlation between neurodiversity and polyamory, but the reality is that there is a positive correlation. Because many neurodiverse people have trouble finding one partner, the correlation is a lot higher than it seems to be.

If you buy it or not is not interesting. I've proved there is a positive correlation in multiple large datasets.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Neurodiverse people can and often DO seek out strong emotional attachments to other people. Being non-monogamous requires a high degree of emotional multitasking that most Aspies aren't capable of.

No, it doesn't. Polyamory doesn't work like that. For monogamous people, multiple attachments would compete with each others, and require "multitasking", but this never happens because they end one of them. For polyamorous people the attachments won't compete and can live side-by-side. That's how you know you are truely polyamory: If you can form a second attachment and it doesn't compete with your first, then you know you are polyamory.

Of course, this relates to the attachment process in neurodiversity. The problem with breaking attachments has everything to do with polyamory, because if you realize you are polyamory, you can just keep the old attachment and continue with a new one. If you are monogamous you need to get your ex out of your system because the attachments compete.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
I suspect you theorize this because you think that limited empathy enables neurodiverse people to view sex as a purely physical act without the need for an emotional connection.....

Not at all. I view asexual polyamory as the Neanderthal relationship behavior.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
But in practice it doesn't work like that. Non-monogamy is strong correlated with other mental disorders like bipolar and borderline, which do not by themselves impair social skills.

Aren't you arguing against yourself now? Bipolar is part of neurodiversity.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Which is entirely correct. And that's why any hypotheses about their sexual behavior and culture in the absence of any written records left by them are purely speculative other than the fact that they did indeed have tool making and left grave goods.

No need. If enough relationship behaviors can be linked and shown to form a consistent "package", it's highly unlikely it could be part of / a variant of the typical relationship behavior.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 3:58 pm

I find polyamory disgusting

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2015, 5:45 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
Look, I really don't know why you're having this discussion. This isn't really about whether or not you're NT or not. From what I've read, and from my personal experience, when it comes to this type of thing, Aspie men want the same thing NT men want: women's sex and love. Even if Aspies' idea of love does tend to differ a bit from the norm, in essence both are after the same thing.

I agree. But guess what? Most women(NT and otherwise)want these things from men too! That's why I brought up sex and Alphas because women will put up with men who treat them like s**t and sleep around with other women because they find these men attractive.

Personally, what I want from a woman is BOTH a physical connection AND an emotional connection(that includes companionship)and I don't like to share so polyamory is not for me. But moreover, it is hard to me to really have empathy for someone who doesn't want the same basic things that I want in a relationship.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2015, 11:37 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Look, I really don't know why you're having this discussion. This isn't really about whether or not you're NT or not. From what I've read, and from my personal experience, when it comes to this type of thing, Aspie men want the same thing NT men want: women's sex and love. Even if Aspies' idea of love does tend to differ a bit from the norm, in essence both are after the same thing.

True to a point, except sex isn't the reason they put up with all that. Women don't care about sex, that's also why women are more likely to forgive their husbands for cheating, or at least be more able to accept and live with that reality. In their mind, what they have with those other women is "just sex" and so it's not important.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2015, 11:43 pm

rdos wrote:
Gauldoth wrote:
rdos wrote:
The reason simply is that neurodiverse males form relationships later, and reproduce later.

Later, if at all, sadly.

A few never does, but it's not uncommon that they are formed in their 30s or 40s. People that complain when they are in their late 20s are simply complaining too soon.

complaining about being alone for most your life is not too soon. not when everyone else around you is having multiply relationships.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 2:01 pm

There's another form of Toxic Masculinity, other than traditional misogyny.

It's called being the White Knight, it's quite distasteful, self-disrespecting and a form of benevolent sexism.

And I've seen it here recently. :roll:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 2:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's called being the White Knight, it's quite distasteful, self-disrespecting and a form of benevolent sexism.

yep anyone who doesn't treat a woman like trash is a white knight. :roll:

i get called that a lot cause I don't like strange guys calling women slut and whores or pushng women around, or insulting them, or trying to hurt them. though fact is I would do the same for a guy. I don't like people being rude and mean to others.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 2:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

i get called that a lot cause I don't like strange guys calling women slut and whores or pushng women around, or insulting them, or trying to hurt them. though fact is I would do the same for a guy. I don't like people being rude and mean to others.

Ah this not white knighting at all.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2015, 3:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's correct!

The kind of toxic masculinity that Dr Nerdlove is referring to is called Butthurt in internet parlance(which is slang for resentment). If you spew misogyny towards women because you can't get what you want then women will view you with contempt as being a petulant loser.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 3:28 pm

sly279 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

i get called that a lot cause I don't like strange guys calling women slut and whores or pushng women around, or insulting them, or trying to hurt them.

Agree, I really dislike that too, and I've been told (as younger) that I should treat women like trash because you are expected to, but I didn't buy it.

OTOH, when I do see women behave like trash, then I just put them in the "I don't want to have anything to do with you" category.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 3:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah, and I've seen losers that cannot get a girl take out their anger on a girl that wanted to meet Aspies. No wonder these losers are alone.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 3:47 pm

rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah, and I've seen losers that cannot get a girl take out their anger on a girl that wanted to meet Aspies. No wonder these losers are alone.

I am not a loser, it's the girl who went all crazy and angry.

I was totally sooooo calm, the losers (or rather very naive) are those who suck for online attention seekers.

And enough of this 'no wonder you don't have a gf', sly doesn't have a gf either and he defends the queen.

It's sad you keep attacking old buddies for someone so fake.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 4:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I was totally sooooo calm, the losers (or rather very naive) are those who suck for online attention seekers.

She might have been an attention seeker, but it was never proved. IMHO, until there is ample evidence that somebody is an attention seeker, I don't think it is appropriate to be rude.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And enough of this 'no wonder you don't have a gf', sly doesn't have a gf either and he defends the queen.

At least sly did attempt to check her out. :mrgreen:

I might have too if I wanted a gf. Given the subject, it was a given that she might have looked for guys here, so it would have been a good idea to try to get her attention.

Besides, I like girls that have a temper. Nothing wrong with that. :wink:

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2015, 5:19 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That's correct!

The kind of toxic masculinity that Dr Nerdlove is referring to is called Butthurt in internet parlance(which is slang for resentment). If you spew misogyny towards women because you can't get what you want then women will view you with contempt as being a petulant loser.

Newsflash: if you're already not getting what you want from women, chances are they already hold you in contempt, and pretending that doesn't upset you won't change that. That's why I don't even bother trying to hide my bitterness anymore.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 6:39 pm

rdos wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

She might have been an attention seeker, but it was never proved. IMHO, until there is ample evidence that somebody is an attention seeker, I don't think it is appropriate to be rude.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

At least sly did attempt to check her out. :mrgreen:

I might have too if I wanted a gf. Given the subject, it was a given that she might have looked for guys here, so it would have been a good idea to try to get her attention.

Besides, I like girls that have a temper. Nothing wrong with that. :wink:

Check her out? ^o.o>

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2015, 8:00 pm

Gauldoth wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
That's correct!

Newsflash: if you're already not getting what you want from women, chances are they already hold you in contempt, and pretending that doesn't upset you won't change that. That's why I don't even bother trying to hide my bitterness anymore.

In today's news: there is no difference between not wanting to date someone and holding them in contempt.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I