Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 174 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 240  Next

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2012, 6:28 am

I'm Mike. I found out I have AS. I'm 25, single, at 5' 7" 185 (mostly muscle, you might guess) live in southern California, used to be in the Army, (I didn't deploy) work part-time, and starting college soon in Spring. I enjoy going to the gym, being healthy, watching football, play video games on my off-time when nobody is available to hang out, and hope to meet a nice girl who is laid-back, and maybe discover new hobbies. I haven't really dated much. It's in the low single digits...lol.

I deleted my Facebook recently. There are lots of opinions, stupid images, people begging for attention, cliques, and overall, a waste of time.

(I need a better pic, but this is what I have for now)

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 1:21 pm

RarePegs wrote:
AyporosFM wrote:
How about this one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASPIEDATING/

It's the only one I could find but it seems there are some people active on there at least.
Might be worth giving it a shot. :)

It's an open group. That would put me off joining. I don't want the rest of my Facebook friends following my activity in a dating group.

We could start a secret one and mention it here from time to time so that people can ask to be added.
Its what they did with the three wp spinoff groups on fb.

Not looking for a partner, just trying to help people out

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

^^^ That's a good pic, FunkMaster! You should have a few gals smiling with interest! ;)

(Cleaning the mirror and towels will help even more! The gals wanna' know you can take care of yourself!) ;) ;)

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2012, 4:17 am

BlueMax wrote:
^^^ That's a good pic, FunkMaster! You should have a few gals smiling with interest! ;)

(Cleaning the mirror and towels will help even more! The gals wanna' know you can take care of yourself!) ;) ;)

Thanks man. Yeah I share the bathroom with my 10 year old brother. He is very messy. :)

madnak
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2012, 4:29 am

Seems unlikely but it's easy to post. I'm a heterosexual male in the Salt Lake City area interested in meeting potential partners (most forms of relationship are acceptable, long-term monogamous is ideal but "friend with benefits" is fine).

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2012, 1:55 am

Why the hell not? I'm a 17 year old heterosexual male living in the suburbs of NY. I'm a diagnosed aspie. My interests... I like to play chess (I'm a US chess federation "expert"). I like to learn things, to the point where I have a compulsive desire to learn everything. Whenever I hear of a topic that I don't know anything about I research it until I have sufficient knowledge to hold an intelligent conversation on that particular topic (This is mostly limited to topics of academic relevance). I love debates. Currently I'm making money on a semi-regularly basis by tutoring (science, history, English), training dogs and teaching chess.

My personality...I have a child-like curiosity about me (some have described it as a child-like innocence) but the jaded demeanor of a grumpy old man. I have an ethical code and I adhere to it at all times-the two main tenets of which are pacifism and vegetarianism. I can be incredibly idealistic but incredibly cynical. Those who know me tend to describe me as compassionate. Those who don't tend to describe me as callous. I like to think I'm a mixture. Once someone described my personality as similar to that of an anti-hero. I guess I can appreciate that.

In terms of appearance, the only characteristic that really stands out is my penchant for trench coats.

Have at it.

jourdan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2012, 5:00 pm

My name is Jourdan (obviously). I'm a straight 18 year old female and high school senior. I live in a small town in Central Oregon. I plan to go to college next year and major in engineering (what specific type I've yet to decide). Mostly white, brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'6.
Currently I am interested in mathematics, theoretical physics and Asian cultures. I am attempting to learn both Mandarin and Japanese with some success. Most of of my free time I like to spend studying my interests but with three math classes I have little time for that now. I'm also very artistic and draw whenever possible.
I am very cynical with a sarcastic and biting sense of humor that few can appreciate. Books are a passion of mine, both fiction and nonfiction, and I have, for the last few years, supported my local public library in the form of late charges. I am extremely curious. Rarely do I come across a subject I do not have at least a bit interest in. I would say I'm a bit obsessive, any subject I am interested in I will research until I have learned every detail about it. People that do not know me usually describe me as "quiet" as I often keep to myself at school and am not terribly social. Somewhat musical, I play the saxophone and am learning to play the piano.
Not a fan of cats, shopping, or high school.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm

zomg girls use teh thread!! !!1

:lol:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
zomg girls use teh thread!! !!1

:lol:

I knew there had to be females out there somewhere!

fluffypinkyellow
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2012, 1:17 am

I'm a girl too! (and straight) I'm 20 and I've just finished my second year of an arts degree majoring in philosophy and history. I live in Auckland, but I'd be happy to talk on the internet with someone from elsewhere-I'm open to travelling. I'm funny, nice, shy, rather perverted and probably weird even by autism spectrum standards. I am a nihilist, but I promise I'm not depressing. (People always assume I'm a Christian for some reason).

I love philosophy, and I also enjoy music. I like pop music, classical music and instrumental music. (I find rock and metal very ugly-sounding though). I do stand up comedy and play the guitar. (People are always in disbelief when I tell them I do comedy). I do not drink alcohol, smoke anything, watch horror movies or swear. My interests range from baby animals to fascist dictatorships. I really want a pet rat, but I currently live under the roof of anti-rat parents, and everywhere else I've lived you're not allowed pets at all. I love ducks and ducklings.

I like:
Fizzy drink
Cuddling
Making dirty jokes
Singing (badly)
Junk food
Kittens
Rats and mice
Cartoon movies for kids
Philosophical discussions
Maggots (I told you I was weird)
The human brain as an organ
Pus (See, I am weird)

I dislike:

People shouting
Violence on TV
Complicated food
Big dogs

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 1:19 am

mkoberland
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2012, 6:40 pm

I am an Aspie male, 28, pretty physically active, and I live in Oregon, near Eugene. I do not attend U of O, but hope to do so next year for my Ph.D.

I do environmental work with a local Tribal nation in the area, and love the work! It really engages me intellectually.

I am hoping to meet an Aspie lady in the area who is also physically active, or in-shape.

I am certainly open to discussing or chatting about things online with anyone. Either platonic, adult (yes, that includes sexual topics), intellectual, or just to bs with a fellow Aspie/Autistic, is welcome.

Have a good day!

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 9:37 pm

The_Postmaster wrote:
Why the hell not? I'm a 17 year old heterosexual male living in the suburbs of NY. I'm a diagnosed aspie. My interests... I like to play chess (I'm a US chess federation "expert"). I like to learn things, to the point where I have a compulsive desire to learn everything. Whenever I hear of a topic that I don't know anything about I research it until I have sufficient knowledge to hold an intelligent conversation on that particular topic (This is mostly limited to topics of academic relevance). I love debates. Currently I'm making money on a semi-regularly basis by tutoring (science, history, English), training dogs and teaching chess.

My personality...I have a child-like curiosity about me (some have described it as a child-like innocence) but the jaded demeanor of a grumpy old man. I have an ethical code and I adhere to it at all times-the two main tenets of which are pacifism and vegetarianism. I can be incredibly idealistic but incredibly cynical. Those who know me tend to describe me as compassionate. Those who don't tend to describe me as callous. I like to think I'm a mixture. Once someone described my personality as similar to that of an anti-hero. I guess I can appreciate that.

In terms of appearance, the only characteristic that really stands out is my penchant for trench coats.

Have at it.

I'm formerly from the NY suburbs (the Hudson Valley, more precisely Putnam County). Interestingly enough, I knew a chess expert from the area. Just thought I'd mention it!

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2012, 9:38 pm

Name: Alexander, but I (and everyone else) call me (myself) Sasha.

Location: Northern New York. I divide my time between the Catskills, New York City and NNY.

Hobbies and Interests: Graphic design, building and fixing computers, writing (I'm working on a book series about the life of an outgoing girl with autism who is a high school/college cheerleader), train and flight simulation, transportation, history, politics, etc. And autism.

Why are you here? Because of the like-minded people here. And to find auties and aspies like me, the ones who are outgoing but are social klutzes. And a gazillion other reasons I'm unsure of.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Unofficially in 2003 and again in 2005. Officially in the fall of 2008.

Favorite subjects: History, political science, speech communication (the study of human communication)

Year/Grade: Graduated from SUNY Potsdam in August of this year (walked in May and took a summer class). Feel free to look up the school. And no, I was not a music major.

Favorite music: Classic rock, anything except for rap and country and contemporary Christian music (because for some reason the two just don't go together).

Books: The classics. A lot of pre-revolutionary Russian literature. Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Turgnev, Chekov. Biographies I like too. Political satire, memoirs, etc. As long as it hasn't been marketed (a la Hunger Games), I'm good.

TV shows/Movies: South Park, 2 Broke Girls, 1,000 Ways to Die, Absolutely Fabulous.

Instrument: None

Do you like sports? Hockey, soccer, tennis. I'm a New York Mets fan by association, but I do root for the Yanks on rare occasion. I can't play though. Just not athletic enough. But I know some sports trivia.

Family: Mother, stepfather, two younger half brother (older one is 13, younger is 12), younger stepbrother (who is 16). My stepdad works and lives in the city and comes home often. My older stepbrother and younger full brother have moved out already. And I have a boatload of relatives on both sides of the Atlantic.

Clothing: Graphic tees, polos, jeans during the winter (if it's below 45F or 7C, if above I wear shorts, but I don't do jeans above 65F).

How did you find this website? I found this place four years ago, obviously I forget how I came across WP.

Job: Starting work with Sears in a few weeks.

Plans for the future? Get hitched, have no more than three kids and run for lieutenant governor of New York. As far as I know, there has never been an elected public official on the autism spectrum. I would like to change that!

Any comments? The autism community is one that is pretty far from judgmental and is pretty accepting. I guess it's because it's a melting pot in itself. I am an enigma.

Deceptionist
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Nov 2012, 10:00 am

I am: straight male 20 years old // Greece, Athens
Education: High School , English
Interests: Bodybuilding, Trance music , Swimming, Martial Arts, Movies, Science, Reading, League of Legends, Battlefield
Occupation: currently finishing my army service (3 more months left)
Stats: 6"2 170lbs at around 9% bodyfat, facially aesthetic

Got self diagnosed this month, there have been many signs and i just had to connect the dots.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2012, 1:16 pm

[crowd of WP guys in unison:] Omagherd!! omagherd!! It's a girl!! *wall released* GET HER!! !! !! *charge*

:D