Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 179 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182 ... 240  Next

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

:oops: Jack, 5'10", 22, Pretoria, South Africa

restlesspirit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

54 female. fla
Does anyone know of anything either online or local here that over 50 yo aspies can meet,, ive checked out facebook and here and it seems to be mostly people under 30 which is WAY out of my age range and I would like to meet up with older people like myself.. suggestions?

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2013, 7:50 pm

35/M
5'11
Orlando,FL.

Msg me if you in my area or in New Zealand (I'll be relocating there if all goes well).

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 2:02 am

Not sure if this is allowed but I feel like I should update mine. It'd take quite a while to search for my other post in here to edit it, and I don't know if anyone else goes that far back anyway. So here's me now.

click me!

So, my name's Travis. Or Boxman, or Boxy or just Box.
I'd like to think I'm very easy going, care free, and humorous. At least, those are the three traits that stand out the most. I'm also intelligent, eccentric, artsy, and nerdy. I can be serious when need be, but often I find that those who are serious all the time are just too high strung.

Recently turned 21 years old. Haven't drunk too much, though, and have not touched much soda for a while, either. Right now I weigh 197 pounds, but am looking to get that down to maybe somewhere around 150 or so, and then I'll see from there what I've got to lose. So I've been trying to live healthier. I started out at 254, so I know I can do this if I just keep at it.

As I said, I'm super nerdy, or at least when it comes to video games, and I'm proud of it...ok, well, proud is a strong word, but I'm not ashamed. :P I've enjoyed a ton since childhood and consider them just as valid a form of art as any other medium, if not more so. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Fallout, Metroid, Halo, near anything Suda 51 related, etc.

Guess I'm also a bit of a bookworm. Have particularly read a lot of work by Stephen King, 'The Dead Zone', 'Misery', and 'Hearts in Atlantis' being among my favorites, but I've also read various others. 'Flowers for Algernon' was very touching, and 'Lake Wobegon Days' was just a fun, lighthearted joy to read. I think that books are probably the only medium games can't quite compare to, because there's just something so much more powerful about words simply sitting on a page, and yet the author almost has to have some kind of telepathic link specifically to you in order to convey their message well. All of these different stories and more have inspired me to try and become a writer, as I feel there are a lot of my own that I would like to share and to hopefully change the lives of other readers for the better.

That said, being some sort of cartoonist might also be fun. I've always loved drawing, and trying to replicate all of my favorite cartoon characters back then was fun. Not as serious about this and it is more just a hobby, but I have been trying to get better at it regardless.

Anyone who's seen me post around here probably already knows I dislike gender roles. I don't care for sports at all, nor do I know much about cars at all, and there are plenty of other "guy" things I just don't get. So if you're looking to find someone who's overly, ridiculously filled with testosterone too the amount that it's spilling out every orifice(or, in other words, macho manly man?), then you probably won't find what you're looking with me. :P On the other hand, if you're on the lookout for someone who is a bit shy, quiet, sensitive, quirky, and fun, then I may very well be exactly what you want. :D Normally I'd prefer to get to know someone as a friend first before deciding whether to get into a relationship, but as that has yet to work, I guess this is a bit of a compromise on my part; I'd like to get to know someone with a more domineering personality, who's willing to get me out of my shell a bit - but also respects my boundaries enough to know I'm more a slow burner and can take a while to be comfortable with someone new.

I think my expectations would be a bit too high if I said I wanted to meet someone close by, what with everyone here being so diverse, but if you do live in or near Claremont, New Hampshire and are interested, don't hesitate to send a message. And even if you don't, I wouldn't be against anything long distance, either. It's actually another way I prefer getting to know people, as meeting someone entirely new in person would probably cause me too much anxiety to make things enjoyable. So yeah, any women out there, perhaps between the ages of 18-25 seeking a nerdy, funny guy should look no further. :P

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

KaffyJane
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2013, 7:42 am

Hi there fellow Aspies or NT's.
My name is Kate and I'm 28 from Melbourne, Australia.

About Me: I'm a person who likes intelligent conversations ( sometimes on controversial topics), history, architecture, animals ( especially my fur babies), art and craft and going to the movies. I'm a voluptuous brunette with blue eyes , I wear glasses and I don't smoke.

What I'm looking for: A guy who will love me for me including all my quirks. Someone who is compassionate, kind and that is comfortable around people with disabilities , who sees the person not the disability.

Age - Between 28 and 35. A Non-smoker. Any height or build.

Regards Kate

T_
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

Hi, I'm Tom, I'm 21 years old and I live in London, UK.
physical things: I'm around 5"8 or 9 and around 140-150 pounds (haven't weighed myself recently, could do with the exercise tbh), brown hair, blue eyes, glasses.

My personality: People usually say that I'm pretty chilled out most of the time, I'm a bit quiet, and it's hard for me to get to know folks, but, once I'm interested in something (or a bit drunk) I can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

My interests: going to the pub, a good chat/debate, non-fiction, music (I've got a pretty wide range in tastes, although I'm not a fan of today's stuff in general), stand-up comedy, science, video games, TV (comedy, satire and nostalgic stuff usually), some sport (cricket, squash, and watching the football, I don't particularly support any clubs); those are the things off the top of my head anyway...

Other shizzle: I'd refer to myself as a secular Humanist, and my attitude towards politics is unaffiliated, libertarian left. I'm currently in my third year at uni, studying psychology.

I'd like to find a female someone around my age, that's pretty much the only criteria I'm going to set really; I'd also prefer it if you lived in or near enough to the UK, but that's not to say long-distance relationships won't be excluded...

Please message me if you're interested :wink:

I think I'm dumb, or maybe just happy...

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

I'm 29, 70", Hzl eyes, brn hair 160lbs

Just looking for someone to talk to, don't care where you live.

I'm currently a mechatronics student, I already like it more than nursing. I spend most of my day in the school lab or walking back and forth from school.

Personality: I think there's a line between "too serious" and annoying, I try to walk that line.

Sunny55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2013, 10:01 am

I am in my fifties, female, and live in the UK. Diagnosed aspie last year. I am looking for a serious relationship, someone nice and caring to settle down with. I am quiet, intelligent, a bookworm, good sense of humour and I love languages, Star Trek and reading about North Korea.

servicedogrights25
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jan 2013, 1:22 pm

I would like to withdraw my post. Please do not contact me, it was my mistake.

tehillim23
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jan 2013, 1:59 am

central texas
41 yr old fellow
conservative libertarian
Christian
Compassionate
Loves orchestra, classical music
loves to talk over dinner, starbucks, picnic by a pond
does not own a tv or radio, etc. prefer more intellectually stimulating things to do with my time
5'11" and brown hair

An autistic savant told me a number of years ago he was sure I was high functioning autistic or aspie and not long ago my doctor said I should have an mri and show the results to a neurologist, etc and I tend to have quite a number of symptoms of being an aspie so I think I probably am one :D and it would be nice to be friends with someone that accepts that for once.

Have a great day!

combatcupcake
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jan 2013, 11:18 pm

30 m, Brooklyn, NY

I work in movies and am a huge movie and tv buff. Also love music, standup comedy, etc.
I don't drink and I'm not into sports.

Looking for someone I can relate to who shares similar interests and personality.

Neverhood
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jan 2013, 6:17 am

My name is Luke, I live in the UK, and I'm 20. I'm straight.

I'm studying Physics with the OU, and I'm passionate about Physics, I want to become a teacher.

I'm 6' tall, brown hair, and brown eyes, average weight.

I do not smoke or drink alcohol.

I'm looking to talk to someone, and possibly fall in-love with that person.

I have recently broken up with someone, which has hit me quite hard, I just want to talk to someone for the meantime, but I'm looking for love.

28 Jan 2013, 8:35 pm

I am UMBUTU, I am 5"11, green eyes, below average weight with toned muscles, tanned skin, VERY attractive.

I'm not looking for love online, just wanted to let everybody know how great I am

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2013, 8:37 pm

Huston, we have a troll.

28 Jan 2013, 8:41 pm

watch it there Titandick, I'm pretty offended by that. I say that I'm attractive and you say I'm trolling, the implication being that I'm not attractive or even that I'm ugly. This is a very hurtful thing to say on what is supposed to be a supportive forum for aspies.

Mitrovah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

Two Problems:
1. most of the people are either too far away because its not very mainstream(too far from where I am_
2. There are so many profiles that clearly bots or fake. how Do I know either the activity is almost non existent or dates on the profiles are suspiciously consistent and the pictures pretty much are stock photos of models. I don't deny the possibility a autistic women could be unbelievably attractive but these are clearly bots/fake profiles. The problem is that they are so/many/Too many.