Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 180 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 240  Next

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 8:47 pm

Okay, here goes: male, straight, 44 years old, blonde hair, which keeps leaving, blue eyes, roughly 6' tall, 182 lbs.
Hoping to find a woman who can love me, as I am very different in how I live life, even for an Aspie. Officially diagnosed.
By the way, I live in the mountains of east KY. Need a woman who lives close to me! :D

Pabalebo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 10:37 pm

My name is Jimmy. I'm a 21 year old straight guy. Living in Lyndonville, VT for the next 4 months, no idea where I'll be after that. I'm 6'1" and 155-160ish pounds, brown curly hair, glasses.
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 5636_n.jpg
That link there would be me. I'm the one on the left in the yellow Lyndon jersey.

I'm going to college for meteorology and math, which are both things I've really enjoyed and been good at for as long as I can remember. However, school is far from my only, or even my main priority in life. I guess you could say that I'm a bit unusual for an Aspie in that I don't really HAVE a main priority in life... I have instead a variety of interests. I'm an avid runner, I was on my college's cross country team until my NCAA eligibility ran out, and just finished my first marathon with plans to run more. I'm also very interested in politics... politically, I'm pretty much the poster boy for libertarianism. I also dabble in a lot of other things, including singing (which I'm told I'm pretty good at), skiing, bowling, computer programming, and beer brewing. Probably a few things I'm forgetting...

Personality: I'm caring, but not compassionate. I see the bigger picture than people's day-to-day problems, but if a problem is big enough to show up in that bigger picture, I'll do everything I can to make it go away, and won't stop until either it's gone or I can't do anything more. Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm not only open to, but actually rather enjoy the party/bar atmosphere... I like people, even if I don't always know what they're for.

I like to think I'm pretty cool. If you think you agree, shoot me a message :)

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 2:14 am

blueroses wrote:
gadge wrote:
200+ pages of single aspies

Has anyone made ANY connections?

Yes, I have a few times, so it's not completely hopeless. :) In my case, nothing has worked out long-term, but sometimes short-lived happiness is better than nothing ...

You are a beautiful person, even though I have no idea what you look like. I would buy you dinner anytime if you were local.

shoshahart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Feb 2013, 6:06 pm

I'm 19 years old girl from Russia, St.Petersburg. My height is 5' 6'',my size is S,eyes are gray. Never dated anyone before,but I was hopelessly in love for about five years. I like guys with beards and glasses.
I'm not Jewish, but I'm very interested in Judaism, mysticism and history. My favorite animal is the duck. I am a vegetarian and my favorite food is rice with vegetables. My hobbies include collecting figurines of anime characters and illustrated books about the ugly duckling, but I like to read nonfiction, though. I also draw sometimes. My favorite band is mewithoutYou and favorite genres of music are klezmer,8 bit and post-hardcore.
I truly do not like my faculty, because it was the choice of my parents,so I do not think anything will come out of this.
I really need a friend, but all I do is keep running away to sit in my room for weeks. The worst thing for me is to start arguing about something,as
I can seriously hurt myself.

I changed three works. Few people know about Asperger's in Russia, so excuses about my clumsiness and gloominess did not impressed any employer. This summer I'm going to work in a Thai publishing. I'm in the process of buying my own flat, so I want to move to Germany or the USA this year.Can you give me some advice?

I am also embarrassed of my English skills and would like to improve it. Especially the tenses of the verb.

If I understand correctly, I'm still not allowed to use the links to the images, because this is my first post. Actually I have a good camera, but I do not like to be photographed.

oscilator
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2013, 11:58 am

why not, its worth a shot right
Im a 20 year old male from sydney Australia. Physically Im 6ft 5 tall, longish hair thats currently black with red highlights, a lip ring and eyes that change between green and blue.
I have fairly low spectrum Aspergers, and I'm a bit shy and slightly intimidating at first (or so I've been told) but once you get to know me, I'm a fun, smart and kind guy. I like to think of my self as an open guy always trying to view things from an objective view point, well it doesn't always happen but i try.
Im currently studying digital media at university.
I enjoy deep philosophical discussion about things, especially when it gets off track and goes off in an unexpected direction, if its an interesting topic and i have a theory, or an opinion i love to have an intellectual debate, but i still love to joke around.
Im a big fan of movies, television and particularly animation (as a whole not just anime). I also enjoy reading, particularly comic books as they encompass to of my loves, visual art, and literature. I'm also really into music, Im mainly into pop punk, post hardcore, metal core as well as some electronic music. I also try to create music and art myself to varying levels of success. I feel at my core, that theres something fundamentally incredible about art, when a painter, comic book artist, musician, tattoo artist, what ever particular medium the chose to work in. when an artist creates something an leaves something of them selves behind, whether its a idea, a feeling or something else, when someone views that art and experiences an emotional response no mater what it it is, theres a connection directly from one person to another, and something as beautiful as anything that can be found nature occurs, you gain a glimpse, even if a tiny glimpse into someones soul, regardless of weather a soul is a spiritual essence of your being, or the firing of chemicals in a brain doesn't matter, that connections real and its the reason i create, and view art.
i guess the main thing I'm looking for is a girl i can connect with on a fundamental level, someone who gets me.

Mconstantino4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Feb 2013, 8:37 pm

I'm Michael. 28 year old male from Buffalo, NY. Brown hair brown eyes. 5 foot 9. 330 lbs. I work, have my own apartment, I play guitar and Bass (No band). I don't smoke, drink lightly and never use drugs. My interests include video games, music (Into a lot of Death, Black, and Thrash metal, and classic rock), animals, computer repair. I would like to sometime get good enough at guitar and bass to start some kind of one man recording project. It will be hard work but being in a band is out of the question. Without too much detail (If anyone wants to PM me for details that's fine), I use to attend many local metal shows in buffalo, but I was kicked out, banned, and shunned from the scene for having Aspergers.

In a female I would like someone who first and foremost understands me and understands people with aspergers. Liking metal, video games are a huge plus. I'm not shallow so appearances are of no real importance. I don't like smokers or drug users.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 10:58 pm

What I am looking for:

1. Lives in or around Houston, Texas

2. Likes animated sitcoms and indie/art house films, the artsy type

3. Christian

4. Republican/conservative

5. Hypersexual

6. Likes to travel

7. Eventually wants a family

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 3:07 pm

Hmm... I'm not incredibly keen on finding anybody, but I might as well put something here, just in case anyone's interested.

I'm a 17 year old bi-gendered person from Washington. I'm bisexual (it's technically more complicated than that, but this works for now, I guess). I'm not gonna talk about my appearance because... *shrug*

Anyhow, I like video games, cartoons (including anime), comics (including manga), reading, singing, drawing, writing, voice acting, world-building, and making dirty jokes. I'm also interested in learning a variety of languages (ok, kind of lying here, I mostly want to learn Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, and French... so mostly asian languages ; w ;). I'm pretty blunt, and probably judgmental. I've been told I'm manipulative in the past. I'm also really impatient and... I'm apparently not so good at selling myself. orz

idk, hit me up if you're interested, and you can see for yourself. ;B

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2013, 5:48 pm

Eh why not. I'm skeptical given the length of this forum thread, but it can't hurt.

I'm a 21 year old straight male living a ways outside Boston, Massachusetts, United States. I am currently in my senior year of college and will be entering the workforce as an IT analyst come this summer.

As for appearance, I am quite tall (6'1) and somewhat overweight; I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. I typically dress based on function and comfort rather than on fashion or cultural lines, though I am quite partial to t-shirts from ThinkGeek.

My hobbies include playing certain kinds of video games (my favorite is Civilization IV), watching and analyzing films, writing fictional short stories, reading about and discussing with others my areas of interest (listed below), listening to music, going on pleasant walks, engaging in and planning debates on my college campus, and experimenting with computer programming.

My interests include:
- History - especially: ancient, classical, and medieval World history; history of technology; economic history; history of philosophy
- Philosophy - especially: logic; philosophy of science; meta-ethics; epistemology; philosophy of religion; political philosophy
- Psychology - especially: cognition; neuropsychology; abnormal psychology; evolutionary psychology; behavioral economics; social psychology
- Information Technology - especially: programming; systems analysis; strategy; infrastructure; networking
- English - especially: grammar; rhetoric; style; use and description of setting; character development
- Geography
- Economics
- Politics

My personality has been described as follows:
- Clinically diagnosed with mild Asperger's syndrome
- Myers-Briggs Typology Indicator: INTJ
- Big 5 Personality Dimensions: high openness, very high conscientiousness, low extroversion, moderate agreeableness, low neuroticism

My personal beliefs are as follows (you don't need to agree with me, of course):
- Religious/Philosophical: Ignostic secular humanist/transhumanist
- Political: No party affiliation; very socially liberal; quite economically conservative

I am interested in a serious relationship with a woman of comparable age who shares interests in pursuing knowledge of the world around us as well as growing each other into the best people we can be. I am looking for a best friend, intellectual partner, and romantic companion who also seeks the goals of mutual understanding, intimacy, and the pursuit of personal growth and success.

Don't be afraid to contact me if any of this interests you. :)

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 5:59 pm

Philosoraptor wrote:
(my favorite is Civilization IV)

omfg! <3

I don't really fit your requirements, but I just wanted to say that you are awesome and for some reason, I haven't met many gamers who like civ 4. ; - ; </3

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

03 Feb 2013, 6:12 pm

Male, 26, straight, 6'2, athletic, Austin, TX / D.C. / Maryland or Northern Virginia (I am definitely going to D.C. for the summer and may move there permanently: I haven't decided)

I am finishing up my law degree in Austin. I want to be an investigator in one of the federal or state agencies that sniffs out corporate malfeasance or tax evasion. It's pretty fun work.

I enjoy traveling, cooking, and my favorite TV shows. I've lived all over the world and can cook lots of obscure, exotic cuisine from China, Mongolia, and Malaysia. Recently, I've started to get into more outdoor activities, like swimming, mid-day running, martial arts, and acting (a new one for me...).

I don't have a list of qualities, but chemistry is important, and it has to be someone with whom I can converse comfortably and easily. I'm pretty open-minded about things like age (older and younger). So, if you're in one of these areas, please don't hesitate to message me!

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Feb 2013, 6:13 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
Philosoraptor wrote:
(my favorite is Civilization IV)

omfg! <3

I don't really fit your requirements, but I just wanted to say that you are awesome and for some reason, I haven't met many gamers who like civ 4. ; - ; </3

Another one of the tribe! :D

I hardly play vanilla anymore, though. The Rhye's and Fall of Civilization mod is too amazing to pass up for me, especially being a complete history/geography geek.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 10:51 pm

shoshahart wrote:
I like guys with beards and glasses.

This I don't hear often! My pic is a page or two behind. ;)

Quote:
I'm in the process of buying my own flat, so I want to move to Germany or the USA this year.Can you give me some advice?

For USA you need to consult with the US embassy and ask them for people authorized in Russia to advise you in immigration. Too many scam artists out there. Be careful.

Quote:
I am also embarrassed of my English skills and would like to improve it. Especially the tenses of the verb.

Your English is excellent. Much better than my own when I moved to the USA.

shoshahart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2013, 2:57 pm

Dantac wrote:
shoshahart wrote:
I like guys with beards and glasses.

This I don't hear often! My pic is a page or two behind. ;)

Quote:
I'm in the process of buying my own flat, so I want to move to Germany or the USA this year.Can you give me some advice?

For USA you need to consult with the US embassy and ask them for people authorized in Russia to advise you in immigration. Too many scam artists out there. Be careful.

Quote:

Your English is excellent. Much better than my own when I moved to the USA.

I like your Ouroboros. As well as your glasses. :)

Thanks for the advice! I used to read that I have to open my own business to emigrate. Is it true? I'm waiting for my acquaintance gets back from Italy. She will move to New York this year, so I wanted to ask her,but her whole situation is easier because her grandfather lives there.

What was your native language? I know a little German and I am learning Hebrew and Japanese now.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 8:33 pm

shoshahart wrote:

I like your Ouroboros. As well as your glasses. :)

*bows*

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! I used to read that I have to open my own business to emigrate. Is it true? I'm waiting for my acquaintance gets back from Italy. She will move to New York this year, so I wanted to ask her,but her whole situation is easier because her grandfather lives there.

If you open your own business you enter under a type of investor's visa. However you do need to invest what is basically a million US dollars or employ X number of people to qualify.

Unless you have a parent that is a US Citizen or US resident you will would enter under a normal residence application... you need to prove you are financially stable, healthy, have education that can get you a job and most importantly, a job offer that gives you work-to-residence visa support. Please do contact the US embassy for the most up to date details and advice.

Quote:
What was your native language? I know a little German and I am learning Hebrew and Japanese now.

You're busy with your languages though! Thats a lot of different root family tongues :)

Spanish. I know a little Japanese from living in Japan for a short time and of course, English.

Kimi wa kireina desu!

B3dsage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Feb 2013, 11:54 pm

shoshahart wrote:
I know a little German and I am learning Hebrew and Japanese now.

גם אני לומד עברית! את יהודית? י

In case that doesnt show up right for you... Gam ani lomed ivrit! at yehudit?